Star Wars (all new films / shows)

I must admit that I'm not a big fan of the franchise, and I think it's overrated. But I'm optimistic towards the new film.

I've seen all the films, I started with the old ones as I always prefer following movies by production year order.
In fact, the most overrated movie is the 2nd one : The Empire Strikes Back. but still one of the best in the franchise.

my ranking :

Revenge of The Sith
The Empire Strikes Back
A New Hope
Attack of the Clones
Return of the Jedi
The Phantom Menace

and I'm sure The Force Awakens will be the best of all.

For me Ep1-3 should be buried in a pit or sent to the sun, and Abrams or another director remakes them in 10 years time when people forget them.

They need to be darker, less convoluted, less CGI (resulting in better acting), more animatronics back (yoda back as a Henson would wish) no bullshit toy selling gimmick characters.

I remember LOTR was coming out at the same time as EP 1-3 were being released ... I saw Gollum ... I then saw EP2 Star Wars and Yoda CGI ... they were so far ahead of Lucas it was laughable.

LOTR in terms of darkness of story and acting and CGI is what Star wars Ep 1-3 should have always been, LOTR made Lucas look a complete amateur.

The films plot will be EVERYWHERE within a few days! Everyone will not be able to keep quiet about it.

I completely expect it, that doesn't concern me, its the 3D experience in large screen cinema where you just forget all that anyway ... just at a time when there wont be any silly distractions of mass hype and children in the cinema :SNACK:

When they re digitised Ep4-6 I want back to watch them, spoilers done to death :)

Last edited:
Don't know how many people have seen so obviously not going to post spoilers but my review:-
Even the spoiler doesn't have a review just a score.

The 5th best Star Wars Film.. 6/10..

no man this movie is all but innovative and the story is all been said before with alternations.... the movie brought only few things new... imo.

great visuals of course, but story wise it is a let down for me..

solid 8/10. loved it

+ characters great
+ sets great
+ music great
+ visuals great
+ story great
+ its star wars again

- its the same story as new hope + a bit of empire (i think they tried to play it safe after the prequels)
- some deus ex machina stuff
how the F the first order grow so strong when the empire was destroyed and the "rebels" were on top? how could they build such a death star withouth anyone knowing about it?why R2 woke up just because?(if later they explain it Luke did it, since he felt Solos death and that he needs to return, than its fine tho) how did they find Lukes saber after all?

so its not much of a negativity here...i guess :) for me at least. i think its at least the best 4th movie, i would say its even better than the 6th since it elevated Solo's legendary character to another level who we didnt know much so far. also the Ewoks took away from the 6th movie a lot :P

Last edited:
Its pretty good in my opinion, but its more what the movie needs to be than a fresh new look at the franchise.

But that's the franchise world we are living in, nobody will never ever take a bold step and try something truly different, its all about building it up for the next and pleasing the majorities and the critics.

But then again I'm not that in love with the original trilogy, its a wonderful universe for sure, but the movies always felt like they could be more for me, only one I really love is the Empire Strikes Back.

The Force Awakens is another safe Star Wars movie, its a wonderful universe which they scratch the surface to be honest, that said its way better than the blockbusters we are getting on the last couple of years.

Maybe an 8/10 like on par with IV and VI. V will always be the stand out.

I think that this movie is pretty good. It had to be little repetitive in order to please some of the old fans and set up the plot for the next ones, which should be fresh. What I like about the film? I like the old crew cameo obviously, I love the chemistry between three new characters, Finn, Rey and Poe. Poe by the way was such a cool character by watching trailers and reading articles I thought he would be boring. Kylo Ren also has a lot of potential and this is where the spoilers start and things I don't like. So be advised, spoilers ahead.

While we're on Kylo subject. Why in the world he idolizes Vader so much. I mean as a sith lord. Think of it, Vader came back from the dark side so why would sith lord wannabe idolize him so much. From a sith point of view he was weak.

Why oh god why Han Solo had to die? I know that the old crew ain't gonna live forever, but c'mon. The way he died was so predictable, so stupid... I mean the moment he was hugging Leia we all knew he's gonna die. And why Kylo or should I say Ben would hate him so much? Hope we're gonna find out.

TO much stuff left without explanation....to many plots witout any reason, dont want to spoiler stuff...

idk.. i was expecting a much better story...than the same over again...

Leia was dull in this move, Ford acted good, but the two new faces... never realy got me to care about these characters...even the first guy who was escaping with Finn had more charisma about him than main characters....

the bad guy should never take his mask of...never convinced me and i had no fear after that moment of this guy...

just my view...

also the fighting scenes....the new actors were the same skills as the others, despite knowing that you need something else to gain these powers...and skills.. it was so predictable it hurt.. and realy i was looking forward the end... wich is sad for me..as i expected more than packed action and explosions... i expect more from movies i guess.

Last edited:
TO much stuff left without explanation....to many
also the fighting scenes....the new actors were the same skills as the others, despite knowing that you need something else to gain these powers...and skills..

Well that's not entirely true. Without getting into spoilers. Finn was raised to fight, he was a trained soldier so no wonder he had fighting skills. Also as we see from the movie that the stormtroopers or at least some of them were trained in melee combat.

Rey lived her whole life at the desert and she had to learn how to protect herself. She also was really good at melee combat.

there was no real background story for both Finn and Rey... why would he ask her if she had a boyfriend? what is this now a love story? :D do stormtroopers have like social life once they stop killing inoccent people...? they go to dates or something?

There was no background because creators had limited time, to put all these things in the film. I believe we're going to find out more and more things in next movies. In The Original Trilogy which people love so much we didn't knew a thing at the beginning. Hell, the story starts in the middle, we don't know anything about clone wars, we don't know anything about Anakin. Nobody complains when a farmer after a year of jedi training is able to handle himself in a fight with one of the most powerful sith ever but when the stormtrooper and girl who was on her own in the desert for whole her life, are able to fight everybody loses their minds.

there was no real background story for both Finn and Rey... why would he ask her if she had a boyfriend? what is this now a love story? :D do stormtroopers have like social life once they stop killing inoccent people...? they go to dates or something?

background story? sorry Pipa but Luke didnt have any at all too, he was a whiny brat who wanted to go to college. thats it. i think Rey character is more or less the same and it was told during scenes and actions rather than expositions in a Lucas way. i think both character was complete and evolved nicely. just take Han Solo ..for 3 episodes u didnt know much about him, he has Chewie, a ship, he is a smugler and hates princesses but wants them in bed...no background story nothing.
its star wars, really curious what did you expect ? :) and im not fanboying here, i like the old ones, havent touched them for a while tho but i remember clearly what they were like. and this one is just like those

not everything need backstory, narration in the present time with some dialogue in the right moment can give you anything. Films aren't meant to have the same structure.
Why I liked (loved, in fact) this movie? because it was well-made, every one took everything seriously, amazing cinematography, no fake CGI, in fact, CGI was used only when needed, very good acting .. the story is enjoyable, the movie tone was balanced, nothing rushed, also there was no boring moments. What else do we need?

Superb filmmaking, if a bit too much 'homage' for me. Sets up the next 2 beautifully, and a real 'thank f*ck' compared to the latest 3.

JJ Abrams is gold.

it's a shame he won't direct the other two, episode 8 will be directed by Rian Johnson (Looper) who is good, but I prefer JJ, and episode 9 will be directed by the one who directed Jurassic World.

I read that JJ is fascinated by episode 8 script that he regrets not directing it.

Thoroughly enjoyed this, bit devastated though.

Actually liked the characters, when I wasn't sure about them.

Thankfully I didn't really know anything on the new film, so wasn't aware of the origins of some of the people.

Do agree about a little backstory was needed, most especially about how the enemy are as strong in the universe as they are.

FD

Thoroughly enjoyed this, bit devastated though.

Actually liked the characters, when I wasn't sure about them.

Thankfully I didn't really know anything on the new film, so wasn't aware of the origins of some of the people.

Do agree about a little backstory was needed, most especially about how the enemy are as strong in the universe as they are.

FD

with that one i agree. it came without explanation sadly how come the First Order be so strong with Rebels ruling the galaxy for 20 yrs.

Nice optics, nice action, nice humour, nice new characters, nice to see old characters, but overall I felt it to be too much on the nostalgia-trip instead of telling an original new story. Felt like a remake of Star Wars IV but not as classy as the original. 6.5/10

Don't know why some people don't like prequel. It was great imo, the story that explains why Anakin joined dark side. VI is pretty good. Kylo Ren was good, expect some more dialogues from him in next two films. VI was only beginning, waiting for a big war.

Last edited:
Don't know why some people don't like prequel. It was great imo, the story that explains why Anakin joined dark side. VI is pretty good. Kylo Ren was good, expect some more dialogues from him in next two films. VI was only beginning, waiting for a big war.

Because people wanted to see more of their favorite characters. People wanted to see more Luke, Han and Leia, and Lucas gave them Qui Gon and Padme instead. Story in prequels wasn't bad, but horrible CGI killed these movies.

Because people wanted to see more of their favorite characters. People wanted to see more Luke, Han and Leia, and Lucas gave them Qui Gon and Padme instead. Story in prequels wasn't bad, but horrible CGI killed these movies.

The first two prequels were terrible.

Jar Jar Binks should never have been put in the movie, although Qui Gon and Darth Maul were good characters the problem with the Phantom Menace is that Obi Wan was trained by Yoda in the original films and non of the story matched up with what we knew.

Attack of the Clones again was not a very good film, I don't remember much about the film as only ever watched it once and that was the day it came out in the cinema.

Revenge of the Sith was a pretty good film and IMO better than the Force Awakens there was only a couple of issues with it but generally it was a pretty good film. The only issues I remember were the last 15 minutes when it seemed he had a massive tick box of what needed to be added to the films and it just got done very quickly.

Jar Jar Binks should never have been put in the movie, although Qui Gon and Darth Maul were good characters the problem with the Phantom Menace is that Obi Wan was trained by Yoda in the original films and non of the story matched up with what we knew.

Agree Jar Jar Binks was terrible, but the thing with Yoda and Obi Wan Kenobi still holds up, since Yoda is the one who trains the Jedi younglings so Obi Wan was trained by Yoda for many years. When he reached a certain age he became a Padawan and the 1-on-1 training began with Qui Gon Jinn.

I loved it! selling the rights was the best thing that could have happened to the franchise. Lucas is moaning about it lol He`s having seller's remorse. He would of made another back drop drama bore fest. (Chewie and Han Solo as wees)(Leia , how she became general Leia)

Back
Top Bottom