1. We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners. Learn More.

Spurs 9 - 1 Wigan

Discussion in 'Football' started by winston, 22 November 2009.

1. winston

winston Champions League

7 August 2005
    How can you concede 9 (N-I-N-E) goals in one EPL match? :LMAO:

Wigan were unlucky though and were simply caught on the break 7 or 8 times.

Hopefully, they'll keep it down to 6 next match so it doesn't take half an hour to watch the highlights.

2. Jamezinho

Jamezinho Golden Boot Winner

10 June 2003
    Ipswich, England
    Ipswich Town F.C.
    My team shipped nine goals at Old Trafford in 1995 (Man Utd 9-0 Ipswich).

I feel Wigan's pain.:COAT:

3. Jumbo_

Jumbo_ -

17 August 2006
    Manchester
    Manchester United
    If Wigan's goal had been disallowed (as it should have been) then they would have equalled that record!

4. kobashi

kobashi Champions League

19 May 2004
    Disgraceful by Wigan and the players should refund all travel and tickets costs for them supporters.

5. winston

winston Champions League

7 August 2005
    When the score went to 5-1, I was thinking how shitty the Wigan fans must be feeling at being so soundly thrashed. I bet they wish they could have back that shitty 5-1 feeling.

Last time I saw a game like this was when Germany beat San Marino 13-0 a couple of years back, but that was a quality international team against a bunch of postman, teachers and hairdressers.

6. Aboutreika18

Aboutreika18 Too Black, Too Strong

5 September 2006
    Tottenham should ask for the game to be replayed after Scharner's shocking act of cheating.

7. PLF

PLF Legend

2 August 2004
    Lol! :D

8. Cesc Fabregas

Cesc Fabregas Gooner

15 June 2007
    Germany
    BVB / Arsenal
    Damn it, I sold Defoe in Fantasy Premier League just a few days ago :(

9. gerd

gerd Retired Footballer

8 January 2002
    Over the moon
    KRC Genk, Spurs
    I'm a Spurs fan. There is no need for euphoric reactions, it's only 3 points.
    I would like to trade this 9-1 for three consecutive 3-1 wins or even better 4 consecutive 2-1 wins. One could suppose that this is good for confidence and that the team can build on this...but we are talking Spurs here.

I rather like Wigan and i hope they get over it very soon, hope they can win their next match. If i was Redknapp, i'm not sure i would be so pleased about this result...this guarantees an ultra motivated Wigan in the away match...and Spurs being Spurs, i'm pretty sure Wigan will win that match.

10. Zombie

Zombie International

22 May 2007
    Izmir, Turkey
    Galatasaray SK
    Wi9an :D

11. Cristiano Rossinho

Cristiano Rossinho The Most Underrated

12 June 2007
    Środa Śląska, Poland / Potsdam, Germany
    Manchester United
    So... maybe we'll starting new threads after every high win of our team?!

Silly idea... In my humble opinion it's no need to start new thread for boasting how your team good is.
    They win so high, great, but write it in example in "The Spurs Thread"?

12. Jamezinho

Jamezinho Golden Boot Winner

10 June 2003
    Ipswich, England
    Ipswich Town F.C.
    Come on now, we all know Spurs aren't that good, but 9-1 is an incredible scoreline in one of the top leagues in the world.

13. Cristiano Rossinho

12 June 2007
    Manchester United
    Yes, I know, but Wigan plays shit in this match ;) I didn't see any thread about MU's win 7-1 over Roma...

14. ss4_goku

ss4_goku Premiership

26 May 2004
    Hong Kong / Toronto
    Man Utd
    well, lets not get jealous over a small thread. I think Spurs played great, its an amazing score in the EPL no matter who the opponent is, and worth some celebration. Especially since its spurs, and highly doubt they'll be able to repeat this anytime soon.

15. Cristiano Rossinho

12 June 2007
    Manchester United
    Ok, I'm not jealous anymore ;)

Lets celebrate!

:APPLAUD::WASTED::BEER::EASY::DANCE::BOP:

Congratulations! ;)