Spotify - The iTunes Killer?

The regularity of adverts is becoming more annoying as its popularity increases. A couple of months ago you could go nearly a full album without an advert. I've just had an advert after the first song, then another one after two songs had played.

Quickly putting me off Spotify if the advert ratio keeps increasing.
There's been loads of fucking adverts on Spotify recently :RANT:.

It's got much worse though since when I first started using it... It used to be every half hour or something, now it's every 3/4 songs...

They already have adverts at the bottom of the window underneath your playlist...

I suppose so, I just hate these things where they boast about it being free but just keep on annoying you until you pay...
It's like someone telling you that you can use their PSP or something, but keep poking you in the side unless you pay them...

Playlist.com was basically the same but didn't have ads and actually had more music I think, much better, but then stupid licensing restrictions fucked that one up...

£10 a month for Spotify would be a rip off, you can't even download the stuff as mp3, all you can do is play it from your computer, why would you pay for that when with a Google search you can listen to just about any song ever from your computer!
All Spotify does is make it simpler by having playlists, but that's all you would be paying for.

Last edited by a moderator:
I paid a tenner for a month and really liked it. The improved sound quality (although I don't think all tracks benefitted from that) and the occasional premium exclusive was quite good. Another part of it is that you can stream your music from anywhere if you're a premium user whereas you have to be in the specific countries for the free service - handy if you travel a lot or if you want access to playlists while you're on holiday abroad etc.

Like Rob mentioned, though, I'd need the facility to be able to take the music away (perhaps the iPod app although I'd also need to buy a Touch first) and use it in the car, for example, before I could justify paying a tenner every month.

I agree, £10 a month is expensive. I used to use the legal version of Napster a while back and with that, I paid £10 a month and could download as many tracks as I wanted.

So £10 a month just to 'listen' to as many tracks as I want, doesn't really compare!

Back
Top Bottom