Sporting Clube de Portugal - official thread

Thanks for the info.

Yeah that is really close! Bruno de Carvalho must be real pissed off! :LOL:

He's officially contesting the results by judicial means.

It was a very long night at Alvalade with many incidents. I don't how is a Presidential election in other clubs but in Sporting (like in all Portuguese clubs) the older members have more votes than the newest members (i.e. 1 year of membership = 1 vote; 10 years = 4 votes, and so on). The thing is, the majority of Sporting members voted Bruno de Carvalho, he had more 1000 voters than Godinho Lopes but, apparently, have lost in the olders group.

Here is a vid of the incidents (I love that journalist by the way :P)
YouTube - Confrontos em Alvalade - Godinho Lopes eleito novo presidente do Sporting 27/03/11

I found this interesting so I decided to post here. On this 11/11/11 Sporting officially announced his best XI ever. Here they are:

Vitor Damas
Carlos Xavier
Beto
André Cruz
Hilário
Figo
Travassos
Balakov
Cristiano Ronaldo
Peyroteo
Liedson

He's doing pretty well gomito, like the whole Sporting team as matter of fact. I reckon, never expected him to be a starter, specially with the likes of Rodriguez, Polga and Carriço in the team, but Onyewu was able to find his space in XI. He is stronger, tougher and taller than any other Sporting cb so those are very important aspects that answer why this guy is such an important player for them.

Sporting continues his "killing coaches streak" (wow, odd expression, never mind, probably that Linsanity thing is killing my brain! :LOL:) - Domingos Paciência sacked!

Back
Top Bottom