Split Second: Velocity

Re: Split Second: Velocity (360/PC/PS3)

Played on it a couple of times in Gamestation, it's woeful IMO.

Terrible handling, no sense of speed and theres no weight to any of the impacts.

Not being able to take your opponents down by slamming into them like Burnout is a bad idea as well.

I'm betting you didn't have any cars unlocked.

Is that down to the tracks? I always worried (well I didn't lose lose any sleep over it but you understand) that the tracks would feel a bit boring after a few laps... like once you've hit every detonation point there isn't much more to do on your last few laps other than race a lot and hope you pass something you've missed.

What really put me off this completely (though I may still get it when its pre-owned) was the fact that they released a pack for the online side that unlocked all the best cars.

So if you didnt want to pay out for that (or work your way through the game), then the online was pointless as you were always going to lose.

At least in Blur, everyone is where they deserve to be and even if you lose, you still get points towards unlocks etc.

Just got this game for 12€ as I was looking for an arcade-racer that can be played in split-screen-multiplayer (more and more racing-games just don't offer splitscreen anymore (what do the developers think?!), but this one fortunately does).

Played only a little, and was surprised that you can detonate things which can wreck other racers or yourself, and which sometimes even can change the race-track.

Sense of speed is good, handling is a bit on the easy-side, but it's comparable in look and feel to Burnout. The only things missing are the boost and the ability to crash other cars by driving them to the side. I'm glad for that as it makes the game more focused.

Really enjoying the explosion-gameplay and really like the vertical split-screen!

I don't know yet if there is enough depth to the game but it definitely delivers on arcade-fun and is a local multiplayer-blast.

Back
Top Bottom