Splinter Cell : Conviction (XB360)

Scutch

Futsal Master
31 October 2006
Cumbria, UK
Tottenham Hotspur
Probably deserves its own thread. As Placebo alerted to yesterday, the demo is available on XBL, and yes, it does take longer to download than actually finish :LOL:

Still, it's a good indication of what to expect, and going off a couple of preview sites, it has been claimed the demo is still at least 15% off the final code, which seemingly leaves quite a bit to do even though it's official release date in Europe is April 15th.

Quite enjoyed the brief demo, all the same.

:COOL:

I liked the demo somewhat, but don't like the silly 2 foot high letters sprayed on the wall telling me obvious shit like "rescue the scientist" destroys any immersion for me, if that stuff cannot be turned off I doubt I'll be buying it.

Yes indeed. So many people thought this was a very clever way of giving subtle hints within the game because it didn't detract from what you were doing. I'm presuming we will almost certainly have the ability to turn them off. At least, I'm also hoping so.

I don't see how a text flashing on the bottom of the screen or a window in the top left is any better for the immersion, but maybe that's me.

At the top/bottom of the screen you can read it and ignore it easily, when it's 2 foot high letters spray painted on a wall in front of your view I find it obnoxious and detracting from the immersion.

At the top/bottom of the screen you can read it and ignore it easily, when it's 2 foot high letters spray painted on a wall in front of your view I find it obnoxious and detracting from the immersion.

True, I'd prefer if it was switched off after a few seconds in your view, with the ability to find it again in the menu or something like that.

Honestly?

I dont know how it can detract to quite that extent. It is a game however, and we all play differently but I cannot fathom how it can make you want to avoid a game completely. I will download the demo and have a look at it, and I am interested in this game.

Maybe it's just the face the demo level was so dumbed down and short that it bugged me, still wish it could be turned off, very little need for such handholding through linear games like this.

It aint that good, i was looking forward to it after playing the demo but it all just seems very scripted

The black and white invisible thing is shit and nothing really flows when you do stuff (try switching off a light switch) and it just seems very clunky especially when your trying to run off to hide if you get seen

I hear there are different things available depending where u buy the game i think a mode called infiltration mode only available if u pre order. Anyone have info on where best place to buy to get all modes included. Dont wanna get and then have to pay for infiltration

just did some research u can purchase (infiltration)and some other skins through uplay(get points for playing ubisoft games) and get it for free if you have earned u play points for finishing assasins creed 2 (40 uplay points) but u should be able to earn these in the single player mode of splinter cell instead of paying 40 quid extra for the special edition.

Last edited:
I thoroughly enjoyed it and completed it the same day I got it. Proof I enjoyed the game as it usually takes me ages to finish a game but this kept me interested and I really enjoyed the combat :)

Errr what! You're the one who didn't even choose a silenced gun :LMAO:. Which is why I ended up having to keep using the machine gun after you'd drawn them all to us!

Good little multiplayer co-op that was though :)).

Back
Top Bottom