Spinal Tap Recording New Material

Radiation

Golden Boot Winner
6 February 2006
Widnes
Newcastle United
These go to eleven...

Spinal Tap is recording their first new material in 16 years. The band, of course, rose to fame in the 1984 flick This Is Spinal Tap, and recorded a pair of albums after. They haven't released a record since 1992's Break Like The Wind.

Spinal Tap reformed for 2007's Live Earth event to play a song called "Warmer Than Hell". David St. Hubbins, Derek Smalls and Nigel Tufnel will all be back for the project.

Actor Harry Shearer (who played Smalls) said: "It'll be for download as well as on conventional media later this year. We've never recorded the song we did at Live Earth, "Warmer Than Hell", and I think they are trying to revisit their old success. Not that they were ever popular, maybe in their own universe. We'll do a song called 'Gimme Some More Money', probably with some dubious results."

Credit: Music-News.com

Can't remember much of the movie but I remember I watched it and really enjoyed it. I'll have to give it another watch.

One of the most funny movies i've ever seen.
They should not make records or do gigs...that "damages" the mocking aspect of the movie IMHO.

When i was teenager i worked in the biggest Belgian concert hall (i had a friend who's dad was director) Forest National and i heard stories about the rock excesses of the 70'ies...

One example: it must have been 79 or 80 when Van Halen were at their peak. On their raider (what they want for catering) they asked a bowl filled with 15 kilo's of M&M's (which had another name then) but without a single yellow one (or red, or blue , i don't remember...they refused to have one particular colour in the bowl...one guy had to do that, opening all those packages of M&M's and searching all the yellow ones...). Was'nt there a similar scene in Spinal Tap or is my memory playing tricks on me ???

More News On New Spinal Tap Album

In celebration of the 25th anniversary of ‘This is Spinal Tap, Spinal Tap are set to release their first new album in almost two decades, Back From The Dead, on June 16th.

The album will include all new studio versions of the classic songs from the movie, as well as six new additional songs, and an hour long DVD featuring a track-by-track video commentary by the band. Phil Collen, Keith Emerson, John Mayer and Steve Vai all guest on the new record.

"This album title says it all. We're back from the dead. But we weren't dead. But we definitely are back," proclaimed David St. Hubbins.

There will also be a deluxe package with the CD, DVD, three 12-inch action figures of the band along with a proportionally sized Stonehenge.

The CD tracklisting is below.

"...the studio versions of these songs on this album represent the cosmic maturation of the material, within a digital context. Also, they're louder," stated Derek Smalls.

Back From The Dead Tracklisting:

1. Tonight I'm Gonna Rock You Tonight
2. Back From The Dead
3. (Funky) Sex Farm
4. Rock ‘n' Roll Creation
5. Jazz Oddyssey I
6. Gimme Some Money
7. Rock ‘n' Roll Nightmare
8. Heavy Duty
9. America
10. Jazz Oddyssey II
11. (Listen to the) Flower People (Reggae Stylee)
12. Hell Hole
13. Big Bottom
14. Celtics Blues
15. Jazz Oddyssey III
16. Warmer Than Hell
17. Stonehenge
18. Short and Sweet
19. Cups and Cakes

You can currently download the previously unreleased "Saucy Jack" at www.spinaltap.com.

Back
Top Bottom