1. We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners. Learn More.

Spamming twats

Discussion in 'The Site' started by :: JJ ::, 12 April 2007.

1. :: JJ ::

:: JJ :: Guest

I'd better warn the mods that there are more spamboys on the loose

Here's one of them for example, I just happened to spot them post spam on another internet forum...
    http://forums.evo-web.co.uk/member.php?u=144073

Wish they would fuck off!!!!! :mad:

2. Rocky

Rocky League 1

11 May 2005
    Probably a bot, they're everywhere now.

3. Chris Davies

Chris Davies At least, I think I am Staff

14 May 2003
    Tranmere Rovers
    It's amazing how they do it. I mean there must have been a revolution in the programming or something; Evo-Web has had barely any spam since I joined, and then all of a sudden (in the last few months), the bots have been springing up all over the place and they seem impossible to weed out.

Even though it's a pain in the arse, it fascinates me to think of how it works and how well it works.

4. :: JJ ::

:: JJ :: Guest

Think the forum may well need one of them image verification features installed and stop the spambots.

5. RuneEdge

RuneEdge Silent Assassin

1 October 2003
    Turn around, I'm right behind you...
    Manchester United
    Dont we already have those?

6. Rocky

Rocky League 1

11 May 2005
    Obviously they don't if bots are joining the forums.

7. Mart

Mart Executive Janitor Staff

28 February 2002
    NYC
    Darlington FC
    We have image verification and have done for quite a while.

8. Rocky

Rocky League 1

11 May 2005
    Wow, you're right we do. Never noticed it when I registered, but that was some time ago.