Southampton Thread

I plan on becoming a Saint - anything for free money! Good luck guys. I support Liverpool (hey, we have problems too) but have a soft spot for the Saints. It does seem your chairman has got you all in a tizz because he's always taking the cheap and short-term option. Hey, look on the bright side though, you didn't have Houllier!

So will one of the longest runs in top flight football come to and end Sunday?

I think it might, I think the mancs will want to beat us and put us out.

This is the crappest thing that has ever happened to me in footy, even worse than when Germany beat us in '96.

So roll on Sunday and put me out of my misery.

I actually think Southampton will win, put them on my coupon too, think Man Utd will field a weakened team with next cup final's game in mind.

FD

p.s. Oh and btw, I ain't won a coupon for a long long time!!

Yeah I do too, 2-0 Saints me thinks.

Come on Southampton you can do it. I like Redknapp, I think he has done an ok job and I hear you have some teriffic youngsters who are not far off a first team place so I want you to stay in the Prem.

Although if you down we could maybe buy some them!! ;)

i dont think Man Yoo will put out a weak team i think they will want to get themselves going again for the cup but i still fancy the Saints!

Well fucking bollocks.

I thought we might lose but it doesn't soften the blow any. This truly is the crappiest thing that can happen to a club.

Let's just hope we don't do a Sheffield Wednesday!

We'll be back and we will come back better as well, COME ON YOU SAINTS!!!!

We are STILL the best team in the world!

Yep it hit home this morning that we are down. However I refuse to get upset about it because we 100% deserve it, we were shit all season...and I mean ALL season. We need to get rid of a lot of players and rebuild with the youth team as a solid base.

I don't think Harry will stay either.

Hard luck coming down boys, difficult times ahead, hard to say who you need to get rid of and where you need to bring people in if at all, added to that it seems like Harry is being a cock. I think the main thing for you boys now is to secure the manager's position, if Harry leaves you need to get it sorted quick, a good pre-season is well needed for this division.

Best of luck for next year though, reckon you'll be contenders for automatic if you keep your better players, for one thing you'll be hard to score against if you can keep hold of Niemi, he's a worldclass keeper imo, and Smith looks to be a quality prospect between the sticks as well.

I take it you're not going to be interested in keeping Camara though? :lol:

ReActor said:
Yep it hit home this morning that we are down. However I refuse to get upset about it because we 100% deserve it, we were shit all season...and I mean ALL season. We need to get rid of a lot of players and rebuild with the youth team as a solid base.

I don't think Harry will stay either.

True, it's 38 games not one.

I'm a little surprised that more of the youth team haven't been given a chance this season, considering we won the youth league by about 40 points!

There must be two or three of them that are able to play at a higher level? And I know for a fact that they would've had more passion than a lot of the 1st team players.

We need to off load Le Saux, Phillips, Telfer (for the love of god), Fernandes, McCann, Van Damme and possibly one or two others as well.

The problem with Saints, which is a club I really like despite getting regularly shafted while at The Dell, is the chairman. Bet he won't be taking a 50% pay cut! He chops and changes and that, combined with the disgraceful removal of Sturrock, possibly thorugh player power, at the start of your season meant you were very likely to go down. I thought it was going to be Newcastle with you for a while too, and if not for that 8 game run, they might have been! Anyway, good luck, hope you can get back up again soon.

So, it's been a while but I'll be putting in an apperance now and again (when we win).

Good result yesterday but we played sh*t apparently. Still makes a change from Burley bitching that we had loads of chances and fooked it up.

The last three games we lost in the league it was always the same 'we had fity thousand chances and couldn't convert, we definitley deserved something from the game'.

Change your tune Burley and tell it like it is WE SHOWED NO PASSION!

Still could be worse I could be a skate.....

Must say I quite like pochettino and think he will prove a shrewd appointment.

Southampton were superb 2nd half yesterday against Man utd..

ye pochetino is doin aite, sacking adkins seemed crazy at time but they almost safe now. lambert free-kick vs chelsea was class, roy needs to call him up ffs.

Where the hell are Southampton getting their money from?! Apparently the signing of Wanyama takes their spending up past £50m since joining the premier league again!

Shame to see this team being torn apart this summer.

They really needed to be adding a few top players to what they have and challenging for top 4 or at least looking to cement themselves as a top 6 club.

Yeah but at least Le Tissier won't be so smug on Sky Sports Saturday anymore. I really can't stand that man!

Back
Top Bottom