1. We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners. Learn More.

South Park: Stick of Truth (PC/360/PS3)

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by YoungGun_UK, 5 March 2014.

1. YoungGun_UK

YoungGun_UK 20 TIMES!

12 July 2007
    UK
    Manchester United
  2. YoungGun_UK

YoungGun_UK 20 TIMES!

12 July 2007
    UK
    Manchester United
    Looks good this :LOL:

I also seem to have lost the ability to embed YouTube clips :SS

3. Radiation

Radiation Golden Boot Winner

6 February 2006
    Widnes
    Newcastle United
    Annoyed that Europe got censored scenes.

Watched the Rev3 review and there's a few issues. Odd glitches and a poor tutorial/ explanation of how to play and use features. But it looks really good. Shall be buying this on Friday

4. Rob92

Rob92 Guest

It's uncensored on PC.

40 quid on Steam though is ridiculous, I might pick it up when it's on sale.

5. YoungGun_UK

YoungGun_UK 20 TIMES!

12 July 2007
    UK
    Manchester United
    Like Rob said, uncensored on PC.

6. cowden_harley

cowden_harley MOANING PRICK

3 October 2003
    Central Park
    Cowdenbeath FC
    im going "back a gen" for this. Cant wait. Love the humour.

7. bsmaff

bsmaff Champions League

11 August 2003
    Welwyn Garden
    Exeter City
    Playing it on PS4 then?

But like Rob92, this is just too pricy at present will wait till it is cheap in a steam sale before purchasing, although is starting to get some great reviews.

8. DagsJT

DagsJT Retired Footballer

29 November 2005
    Warrington
    Liverpool
    £29.99 on GMG.

9. bsmaff

bsmaff Champions League

11 August 2003
    Welwyn Garden
    Exeter City
    I am still waiting to see if the Russian uPlay keys are English and Region Free, if they are then the game can be had for £9.50

10. Rob92

Rob92 Guest

Even then, £30 for what is probably just an 8-10 hour single player experience is still too much really compared to the rest of the PC game market - for me this is a £10, maybe £15 at the most game.

11. YoungGun_UK

YoungGun_UK 20 TIMES!

12 July 2007
    UK
    Manchester United
    14 hours apparently.

12. beachryan

beachryan Golden Boot Winner

4 July 2003
    Bermuda
    I caved. Been a while since I bought something 'full price' not on a Steam sale.

It's fantastic, but I fear it's too short. I think I'm already near the end, after just 2 days of having it!

Really made me nostalgic for old school JRPGs. I haven't played one for years, am definitely ready for something new using those mechanics.

13. Rob92

Rob92 Guest

I enjoy those types of games as well but haven't played one for years either but I think that the games of that genre age very well - games from the PS1/PS2 eras, the PSP or even SNES would still be very playable today.

Pretty much any PC can emulate the SNES, Megadrive, GBC/GBA, DS, PS1, N64 and Dreamcast, the majority can run a PS2 emulator smoothly and mid to high end machines can emulate the Wii smoothly, and can even go up to outputting native 1080p with AA/AF etc.

I probably missed a few there, but pretty much any console except the 360/PS3/Original Xbox (and the current gen obviously) can be emulated with very few issues on most PCs.

Here's an example of how you can enhance old games with a good PC, it's probably as good as most "HD Remakes";

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: 6 March 2014
  14. beachryan

beachryan Golden Boot Winner

4 July 2003
    Bermuda
    Nice, might have to try the PS2 emulator. I have an N64 one running on my PC great, the missus demands Mario Kart so I had to provide!

That does look superb though! What PS2 emulator is that?

15. spektarm

spektarm Premier League

6 October 2006
    Manchester United
    That would be PCSX2, you can find full packages with all the plugins and settings you need.

And it's great - I still play some old PS2 titles from time to time - and they look miles better on PC as you can see. :)

16. Rob92

Rob92 Guest

I found that image on Reddit, but I assume it's PCSX2 - that's the most popular PS2 emulator. I haven't tried using it yet though.

Although I have given Dolphin (Wii emulator) a go, and Mario Kart Wii is great fun, it's one of the best local multiplayer games IMO.

17. bsmaff

bsmaff Champions League

11 August 2003
    Welwyn Garden
    Exeter City
    Simply CD Keys are selling it for £22.99

18. Tiazinha Maria

Tiazinha Maria Banned

24 October 2013
    This game is absolutely amazing. I love you Ubisoft. I never get any problems with this company.

19. DagsJT

DagsJT Retired Footballer

29 November 2005
    Warrington
    Liverpool
    Last edited: 7 March 2014
  20. mjsmith2k

mjsmith2k Come on you Reds!

5 November 2005
    Nottingham
    Forest, Bulls, Patriots
    :CONFUSE:

21. gabe.paul.logan

gabe.paul.logan Data Collection

7 January 2007
    Budapest
    Hungary
    this game is dope, i had some doubt but recommended for every SP lover, its like u are watching the tv show

22. tuta

tuta Marseillais

21 November 2004
    France
    Marseille
    Completed it twice this weekend.
    Amazing game. Even better for the fans.

23. Radiation

Radiation Golden Boot Winner

6 February 2006
    Widnes
    Newcastle United
    Love what they did with you entering strangers homes. Like in classic RPGs you can walk in uninvited, empty their fridge of food and then talk to them and they'll say the typical "I'm just an old man" "ohh this town isn't what it once was" "I'm just an old man" "I hope my son is alright, I've not spoken to him in weeks"..

Here you open a strangers front door to walk in and ... Fantastic :)