12 July 2007
UK
Manchester United
South-Park-The-Stick-of-Truth.jpg

YouTube - South Parkâ„¢: The Stick of Truthâ„¢ - Launch Trailer [SCAN]

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks good this :LOL:

I also seem to have lost the ability to embed YouTube clips :SS

Annoyed that Europe got censored scenes.

Watched the Rev3 review and there's a few issues. Odd glitches and a poor tutorial/ explanation of how to play and use features. But it looks really good. Shall be buying this on Friday

It's uncensored on PC.

40 quid on Steam though is ridiculous, I might pick it up when it's on sale.

£29.99 on GMG.
Even then, £30 for what is probably just an 8-10 hour single player experience is still too much really compared to the rest of the PC game market - for me this is a £10, maybe £15 at the most game.

I caved. Been a while since I bought something 'full price' not on a Steam sale.

It's fantastic, but I fear it's too short. I think I'm already near the end, after just 2 days of having it!

Really made me nostalgic for old school JRPGs. I haven't played one for years, am definitely ready for something new using those mechanics.

I caved. Been a while since I bought something 'full price' not on a Steam sale.

It's fantastic, but I fear it's too short. I think I'm already near the end, after just 2 days of having it!

Really made me nostalgic for old school JRPGs. I haven't played one for years, am definitely ready for something new using those mechanics.
I enjoy those types of games as well but haven't played one for years either but I think that the games of that genre age very well - games from the PS1/PS2 eras, the PSP or even SNES would still be very playable today.

Pretty much any PC can emulate the SNES, Megadrive, GBC/GBA, DS, PS1, N64 and Dreamcast, the majority can run a PS2 emulator smoothly and mid to high end machines can emulate the Wii smoothly, and can even go up to outputting native 1080p with AA/AF etc.

I probably missed a few there, but pretty much any console except the 360/PS3/Original Xbox (and the current gen obviously) can be emulated with very few issues on most PCs.

Here's an example of how you can enhance old games with a good PC, it's probably as good as most "HD Remakes";

fEiBPW0.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice, might have to try the PS2 emulator. I have an N64 one running on my PC great, the missus demands Mario Kart so I had to provide!

That does look superb though! What PS2 emulator is that?

That would be PCSX2, you can find full packages with all the plugins and settings you need.

And it's great - I still play some old PS2 titles from time to time - and they look miles better on PC as you can see. :)

I found that image on Reddit, but I assume it's PCSX2 - that's the most popular PS2 emulator. I haven't tried using it yet though.

Although I have given Dolphin (Wii emulator) a go, and Mario Kart Wii is great fun, it's one of the best local multiplayer games IMO.

Love what they did with you entering strangers homes. Like in classic RPGs you can walk in uninvited, empty their fridge of food and then talk to them and they'll say the typical "I'm just an old man" "ohh this town isn't what it once was" "I'm just an old man" "I hope my son is alright, I've not spoken to him in weeks"..

Here you open a strangers front door to walk in and ... Fantastic :)

Back
Top Bottom