South American Futebol Thread

spurs basically had an 8 mill bid for diego accepted last summer. due to his passport problems and santos wanting him untill jan it fell through though. heres hoping it goes through this summer :D .

are channel 4 showing copa libatadores games again this year ?. i saw a highlights programme but thats it so far. there were some classic games last year. one game with american da cali was the craziest thing iv ever seen.

btw im rather glad to hear that about milan glavistad, are you fairly sure there not interested ?. if anyone else wants him then we have no chance but as long as its just us willing to put the money up theres still half a chance i guess.

faiers said:
btw im rather glad to hear that about milan glavistad, are you fairly sure there not interested ?. if anyone else wants him then we have no chance but as long as its just us willing to put the money up theres still half a chance i guess.
The possibility is far, because AC Milan looking for a striker basically (Bernardo Corradi, Dado Prso...) and the interest for Davids.

faiers said:
are channel 4 showing copa libatadores games again this year ?. i saw a highlights programme but thats it so far. there were some classic games last year. one game with american da cali was the craziest thing iv ever seen.
Fox Sports don't showing in United Kingdom?
Fox Sports Latin American showing all of the matches in South America.

nope we have to live with really shoody channel 4 or channel 5 coverage for any full south american games. its so bad they just skip half time for most of the games.

Don Domenico said:
He isn't a Brazilian anymore. He was frustrated he wanted to play for a national side, so he changed to German. Voller though, declared that he would field Ailton when pigs would fly (well not in so many words).. So now.. Ailton is an official citizen of Qatar :D. He hopes to shoot them to the w.c.

Sepp Blatter has stepped in and said its not possable to switch anymore

Brazilian forward Ailton could be prevented from switching nationalities in order to play for Qatar's national team.

According to German news agency Deutsche Welle, the leading goalscorer in the German Bundesliga has reportedly accepted an offer to play for Qatar and was expected to travel to Doha to sign a contract next week and make his debut in their World Cup qualifier in Jordan on March 31.

The 30-year-old Ailton, who has scored 20 goals in 22 matches for Werder Bremen this season, is keen to play in the 2006 World Cup and decided to pursue the Qatari option as he is not in consideration for the Brazilian national team.

While he will reportedly receive a significant payment to represent Qatar, financial motivation was not the key factor in the player's decision.

"Of course, money is important to me, but it was more important to fulfill this dream," said Ailton to Deutsche Welle. "The Brazilian team doesn't want me, so that is why I've decided to play for a team which appreciates me."

However, Ailton's dream could be shot down by world football governing body FIFA.

The Associated Press reported on Friday that FIFA general secretary Urs Linsi had expressed his displeasure at Ailton's proposed switch during a meeting with German Football Federation (DFB) president Gerhard Mayer-Vorfelder.

"We've agreed that it's nonsense and will hurt the substance of national teams when people without a connection to a country or nationality can be naturalized," said Mayer-Vorfelder, who expects the FIFA executive committee to take action on the matter during the next meeting in Paris on May 17.

Qatar faces a tough road to the World Cup after losing 3-1 to Iran in their Group 1 opener last month."

And this is what Ailton had to say

Brazilian forward Ailton threatened to leave Germany on Friday in anger over a FIFA ruling that barred him from switching nationalities and playing for Qatar.

Ailton, the Bundesliga's top scorer for front-runner Werder Bremen, said he couldn't understand the FIFA decision on Wednesday to rule three Brazilians ineligible for international play if they signed up with the oil-rich Middle Eastern country.

?I am really very angry and have a desire to leave the country ? I'm really that upset,'' Ailton said.

Ailton blamed football officials in Germany for Wednesday's ruling by a FIFA emergency committee, which came after his plans drew widespread criticism in the country.

Many in Germany saw the situation as violating the spirit of national teams. The other two Brazilians also play in the Bundesliga, Borussia Dortmund brothers Dede and Leandro.

?I know people out of Germany took the initiative to lodge a protest with FIFA ? I don't understand why they did that,'' Ailton said, adding that he believes Germans were behind Wednesday's emergency meeting because German Soccer Federation (DFB) president Gerhard Mayer-Vorfelder had vowed two weeks ago to block the Brazilians' plans through FIFA.

No one at the DFB was available for comment on Friday.

Ailton said he wasn't motivated by the big bonuses Qatar is paying foreign players that agree to naturalise, with French coach Phillipe Troussier hoping to build a strong team for the 2006 World Cup.

?I just want to play once for a national team, since it hasn't worked out with Brazil until now,'' he said.

Ailton has scored 22 goals in Bremen matches for Bremen this season, the fastest pace since German legend Gerd Mueller was in uniform for Bayern in the 1970s.

But the 30-year-old appears to have little chance of a call up to Brazil, loaded with top forwards. He has only emerged as a star in Germany after steady improvement with Bremen.

The FIFA committee said that a player could only switch to another country if he, a parent or a grandparent was born there, or if he had lived there continuously for at least two years.

FIFA's rules state that a player who has never competed at international level can switch to another country if he is granted citizenship.

However, FIFA president Sepp Blatter said the plan for the Brazilians to play for Qatar ?is not the aim and object of the (FIFA) statutes.''

Dede, another player who has developed into a standout since joining the Bundesliga, had already dropped plans to sign with Qatar before the FIFA ruling.

A few days before his decision, the midfielder received a tongue-lashing from Bayern president Karl-Heinz Rummenigge.

Rummenigge said Dede had no chance of ever playing for Germany's top club because Bayern wasn't interested in signing legionnaires who are just in it for the money.

Yep, totally agreed! This is getting ridiculous. If FIFA don't oppose to that, in a close future the international teams would be just like clubs, which would ruin the spirit of a World Cup as we know it, where players are there to represent their beloved countries and don't get paid for that.

Shame on you Ailton!

Professor Nutmeg said:
In general, Blatter is a bit of a tosser really. I bet he gets paid a packet, and what does he bring to/do for football? That guy has it so easy.

Hes even stopping players taking off there Shirts now and hes removing the Siver Goal rule he made after Euro 2004 haha

Hes a nob head

heres his new rules

Law 1 ? The Field of Play: If permitted under the applicable competition rules, matches may be played on a natural turf or artificial turf surface. In the case of artificial turf, the surface must meet the requisite quality standards (i.e. the FIFA Quality Concept for Artificial Turf or the International Artificial Turf Standard).

- Law 3 ? The Number of Players: No more than six substitutions per team shall be permitted in friendly matches.

- Law 10 ? Method of Scoring: With regard to the method for determining the winner of a match, the IFAB ruled in favour of extra-time, consisting of two periods of no more than 15 minutes each, followed by kicks from the penalty mark. As a result, matches will no longer be decided by ?golden goal? or ?silver goal?.

- Law 12 ? Fouls and Misconduct: Any player removing his jersey after scoring a goal shall be cautioned for unsporting behaviour.

Furthermore, Law 5 will now dictate that if the rules of a competition endorse the use of a fourth official, his function and responsibilities shall correspond with those laid down by the IFAB.

All of the changes to the Laws of the Game shall come into force worldwide on 1 July 2004.

"The IFAB chose to reject proposals to increase the maximum length of the half-time interval from 15 to 20 minutes and to advance free kicks by 9.15 metres if a player from the penalised team fails to retreat the required distance or prevents the free kick from being taken."

MrCoopz said:
Professor Nutmeg said:
In general, Blatter is a bit of a tosser really. I bet he gets paid a packet, and what does he bring to/do for football? That guy has it so easy.

Hes even stopping players taking off there Shirts now and hes removing the Siver Goal rule he made after Euro 2004 haha

Hes a nob head

heres his new rules

Law 1 ? The Field of Play: If permitted under the applicable competition rules, matches may be played on a natural turf or artificial turf surface. In the case of artificial turf, the surface must meet the requisite quality standards (i.e. the FIFA Quality Concept for Artificial Turf or the International Artificial Turf Standard).

- Law 3 ? The Number of Players: No more than six substitutions per team shall be permitted in friendly matches.

- Law 10 ? Method of Scoring: With regard to the method for determining the winner of a match, the IFAB ruled in favour of extra-time, consisting of two periods of no more than 15 minutes each, followed by kicks from the penalty mark. As a result, matches will no longer be decided by ?golden goal? or ?silver goal?.

- Law 12 ? Fouls and Misconduct: Any player removing his jersey after scoring a goal shall be cautioned for unsporting behaviour.

Furthermore, Law 5 will now dictate that if the rules of a competition endorse the use of a fourth official, his function and responsibilities shall correspond with those laid down by the IFAB.

All of the changes to the Laws of the Game shall come into force worldwide on 1 July 2004.

"The IFAB chose to reject proposals to increase the maximum length of the half-time interval from 15 to 20 minutes and to advance free kicks by 9.15 metres if a player from the penalised team fails to retreat the required distance or prevents the free kick from being taken."

Well I can't say I approve Blatter's administration, but many of that stuff makes pretty much good sense.

Law 3: Of course coaches have the right to test as many players they can, but it was beginning to look like a mess, having like 10 players coming from the bench like the last friendly (England vs. Portugal). It may look like an american football match...

Law 12: Although I don't agree on this, I can see where it comes from... The moment after a goal is scored is without a doubt when the advertisement space on the teams' kits gets most exposure. Don't have a doubt that FIFA is being pressured by the major sponsors.

Plus, the idea of punishment for the occasion when the players don't respect the distance between the ball and the human wall seems quite appropriate to me.

Limiting the celebration after a goal is stupid. What if its the first goal a player has ever scored, why cant he celebrate ? it adds more enthusiasm and energy into the environment.

Milanista said:
Limiting the celebration after a goal is stupid. What if its the first goal a player has ever scored, why cant he celebrate ? it adds more enthusiasm and energy into the environment.

I think the same way Milanista, it really is too harsh punishing someone with a card just for expressing his feelings after a goal. But, let's think this way: if you paid shitloads of money just to have the name of your company showing on those shirts, so that the player can take it out right when all the cameras are pointed at him... wouldn't you be a little pissed off? I know I would...

Glavisted said:
And the "Eliminatorias 2006"? not showing there?

whats that mate ?

is that the (whats known over here as) the copa america by any chance ?
if yes then thats is shown.

Fred_Gavioes said:
faiers said:
Glavisted said:
And the "Eliminatorias 2006"? not showing there?

whats that mate ?

is that the (whats known over here as) the copa america by any chance ?
if yes then thats is shown.

no, "eliminatorias 2006" are the league that the nations play to see if they are going to the world cup .

World Cup 2006 qualifiers, sort of speak...

BTW, if Ronaldinho and Kaka perform the way they're doing in their clubs we will crush Paraguay :twisted:

Rentboy said:
World Cup 2006 qualifiers, sort of speak...

BTW, if Ronaldinho and Kaka perform the way they're doing in their clubs we will crush Paraguay :twisted:

yes.... NO PLACE FOR RIVALDO , thank god, and parreiraa pleasee, look edu from arsenalllllll.

Don Domenico said:
For the south- Americans here: Could someone inform me a bit about San Lorenzo's Gonzalo Rodriguez?

I don't follow the argentinean league, so I'm not too familiar with this player... All I know is that he is a good defender, and lately has been linked with Juve (possibly going to take the place of Montero, whose season has been a disaster).

Rentboy said:
Don Domenico said:
For the south- Americans here: Could someone inform me a bit about San Lorenzo's Gonzalo Rodriguez?

I don't follow the argentinean league, so I'm not too familiar with this player... All I know is that he is a good defender, and lately has been linked with Juve (possibly going to take the place of Montero, whose season has been a disaster).
Yes, he has been linked with Juventus, probably for July.
He plays in San Lorenzo in good level and he was a figure of the pre-olimpic games in South America.

Libertadores Cup:

Jorge Wilstermann (Bolivia) 2-2 Barcelona (Ecuador)
19' Tulio (Jorge Wilstermann)
62' Tulio (Jorge Wilstermann)
73' José Gavica (Barcelona)
85' Danny Vera (Barcelona)

Boca Juniors (Argentina) 3-0 Deportivo Cali (Colombia)
57' Nicolás Burdisso (Boca Juniors)
86' Clemente Rodríguez (Boca Juniors)
88' Franco Cángele (Boca Juniors)

Cobreloa (Chile) 1-2 Sao Paulo (Brasil)
15' Grafite (Sao Paulo)
22' Marquinhos (Sao Paulo)
27' Mauricio Dinamarca (Cobreloa)

Sporting Cristal (Peru) 4-1 Rosario Central (Argentina)
11' Jorge Soto (Sporting Cristal)
46' Horacio Carbonari (Rosario Central)
43' Germán Rivarola (Owngoal - Sporting Cristal)
66' José Moisela (Sporting Cristal)
86' Jorge Soto (Sporting Cristal)

plesase,could someone inform me a bit about Ederson Honorato Campos,from Internacional de Porto Alegre????
i heard he is a wonderful player..like kaka...it's really???
:roll:

Sorry i dont really know much about south american football but i read that Santos striker RÓBGOL has been linked with a move to Hibs. I seriously doubted this but can anyone say if he is any good or not?

Thanks a lot

robgol is one player

robinho is another

robinho is only 19, robgol has more than 30

both of them play for santos, and the team's coach, leao, said that robinho is the best brazilian player since 50's

lol

Back
Top Bottom