Sound has stopped working

Dee1888

Hail Hail
5 October 2004
IRELAND 06
CELTIC
Hi guys,

Went to have a quick game of Pro Evo and my sound has stopped working, eg., music and ingame chants but the commentators are still talking!! I have my game patched but have reverted back to the original sound file and still no joy :( I am totally confused because the last time I booted up the game it was working fine and I have done nothing since then :shock:

Thanks for the replies. I still had the old files in the folder so have already renamed them back to the original. I'll try a few things and let you's know how I get on.

I've removed the game completely and reinstalled. I also tried a different patch but the sound is acting very strange. There is no music in the menu screens, even though the sound bar is up full. Also when the game kicks off there is no referee whistle, but the commentating starts and a crowd noise kicks in. After about a minute or two the crowd noise disappears but the commentating stays, and then the crowd noise begins again!! If a goal is scored there is no added reaction from the crowd but the commentating is fine!!

I am completely baffled and I have tried everything I can think of to sort this. Maybe I am being a muppet and am missing something really obvious but I am completely confuddled.......

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers.

well if you d like the following steps you`ll get your sound working first of al to test if everything is allright is to replace the patched cv_0 with the original from dvd and start the game(then it should be working) to have souns with a patch the trick is to edit a copy of cv-_0 and other img files outside you img folder so when your finished with patching only thing you have to do is replace the files in the img flder with the patched ones (this worked for me though so give it a try and see,

yo let me know ok

see ya

Hi guys,

Went to have a quick game of Pro Evo and my sound has stopped working, eg., music and ingame chants but the commentators are still talking!! I have my game patched but have reverted back to the original sound file and still no joy :( I am totally confused because the last time I booted up the game it was working fine and I have done nothing since then :shock:
You should be glad, LOL\\:o/

well if you d like the following steps you`ll get your sound working first of al to test if everything is allright is to replace the patched cv_0 with the original from dvd and start the game(then it should be working) to have souns with a patch the trick is to edit a copy of cv-_0 and other img files outside you img folder so when your finished with patching only thing you have to do is replace the files in the img flder with the patched ones (this worked for me though so give it a try and see,

yo let me know ok

see ya

Thanks for the reply. However, I have been patching Pro Evo for years and have a fair idea how things work. I have completely removed the game and reinstalled and I am still having the same problem. I have also repatched the game but to no avail. I am getting no music in the menu and ingame I hear the commentating but the crowd noise is there for a while and then it disappears. Also there is no onfield noise and no referee whistle.

I changed my soundcard to a Emu 0404 and I presume the problem is stemming from it. However, Pro Evo is the only game that I am having problems on.

If anyone can give any advice I'd appreciate it as I am completely lost as to what to do next.

Cheers.

have you changed the file of the flags it can be because of it I had the same problem and now and don't touch to this file I have formated my hard disk to have a normal game I'm french excusme me for the mistakes.

the problem is the VIDEO/AUDIO Sync...

If you use XP try:

START
RUN
write DXDIAG
go on SOUND Pannel
select Standard or basic acceleration and exit

image021.jpg

Last edited:
Energia, thanks for the reply.

However, still no joy :( With standard acceleration the problem is just the same and with basic acceleration there is no sound at all.

The Patchmix settings for the Emu0404 is a pain and I think the problem is within the sound settings of my soundcard.

The plot thickens.....I have just reinstalled Pro Evo 6 and the ingame menu and crowd noises seemed fine but there was no commentating!! I am completely baffled!!

it could be a damaged sound card:roll:

Have you recently hit your PCs Tower from your anger problems? Cos if that's what you did it could've affected and dismantled parts of the Sound card:shock:

Back
Top Bottom