Sony PlayStation 4

Just Cause 3 was my first PSN pre order, pretty smooth process, everything downloaded overnight.

Now I'm hoping the issues I'm reading about are fixed asap.

I haven't had any frame rate issues, the load times are awful and a momentum killer.

EDIT: The game randomly kicked me to the PS4 dashboard.

Last edited:
Depends what you prefer two completely different games.

Driveclub is an arcade racer - Project Cars is a simulation.

I don't think it matters too much on other people's opinions that much it is down to what you prefer.
Do you prefer Need for Speed or do you prefer Gran Turismo?

What about The Crew Wild Run?I want to buy one racing games but very hard to choice.I played Driveclub but I don't like it,Project Cars I played in PC also don't want buy too.Now i have 2 racing games to choice: NFS & The Crew. Gran Turismo not offical yet & still wait.So in January of 2016 the racing game "Sebastien Loeb Rally Evo" released,that's "drive style" I love,same DiRT in PC

How do you upload pictures to 'What's New'?

I just upload mine to twitter and they show up in what's new. Not sure if that's the right way to do it though or if there's another way.

EDIT: Too tempted to buy GTA SA and maybe Vice City, again.

The PS2 games on PS4 is brilliant, prices are a bit high but I don't mind, cause I wouldn't buy that many games anyway, only a few. I just think it's staring way to slowly. I wanted 50+ games in that starting lineup, Onimusha, SSX, than I would have been all over that stuff.

Just make sure you buy them using an American PSN account.

I bought Vice City yesterday and it's great to play it again (though it's also shocking to look at, it's easy to forget the PS2 graphics are just a mess of polygons by today's standards).

However, the European versions are having emulation issues due to the 50hz/60hz difference (nothing huge, but the occasional framerate spasm is enough to put me off ever buying anything emulated from the European store).

For more, see Digital Foundry.

Last edited:
Can one buy old SSX games currently?
That is still my favourite franchise.
From time to time i visit a similar forum about SSX as this one (it's called Merqury City, after one of the legendary slopes in SSX Tricky) and Tod Batty, the leader of the development team of SSX is frequently on that forum. That guy is fantastic. The development team have constantly listened for feedback of the fans while developing the last game on PS3 (which was big fun). Konami could learn a lesson or two from EA (yes, it's a game by EA).

New firmware update news:

Our beta program for PlayStation 4’s next major system software update, version 3.50 (codenamed MUSASHI), kicks off tomorrow. If you signed up for the beta and were selected, keep an eye on your email for instructions on downloading.

Regardless of whether you’re in the beta, we wanted to detail some of the key features we’re adding to PS4 in this update. We’re making it easier to play together with friends and adding the ability to appear offline when you’d rather play solo.

New Social Features
Friend Online Notification – Want to know the moment your friends come online? With this update, you can, as we’ve added an option to be notified when members of your friends list sign on the network.
Appear Offline – Sometimes you want to play a game or watch a movie without being bothered by friends. Now it’s easier to go incognito as we’ve added the option to appear offline. You can designate if you would like to appear offline when you log-in or at any time from your Profile or the Quick Menu.
User Scheduled Event – Time for a play date! We’ve added the ability to schedule a future gameplay session with your friends on the system. When your event starts, users who registered for the event will automatically be added to a party so you can start playing right away.
Play Together – This features allows all members of a Party to see what each person is playing so that you can easily join a friend’s game, or start a new game together.

Other New System Features
Remote Play (PC/Mac) – We’re bringing PS4 Remote Play to Windows PC and Mac. This feature won’t be available to test in the beta, but you can look forward to it soon.
Dailymotion – With this update, you’ll be able to live stream directly to Dailymotion on PS4. We’ll also support archiving live broadcasts, like we do for other streaming services.

Stay tuned for more details on MUSASHI, including additional key features and its release date.

So, good news - you can now appear offline, and you can remote play on the PC soon.

Bad news - you still can't arrange games into folders...

New firmware update news:

So, good news - you can now appear offline, and you can remote play on the PC soon.

Bad news - you still can't arrange games into folders...

Appear Offine?? - Seriously 2016 and you can't do this on PS4..
Play Together - See what other games people are playing?

I never pay attention to PS4 updates as all I use it for is an experience Plex player.
But seriously is the new update called 3.50 as it has the same features as DOS 3.50 - Oh no DOS you could create files, folders and arrange your games in certain folders.

The feature I may use is PC streaming so I can play Uncharted whilst the Mrs is watching TV.

Last edited:
Play Together and Remote Play to PC, YES!

I hope it's lag-free like the Wii U streaming to the pad.

The monthly PS Plus games on PS4 have been awful, I thought Resogun would appeal to me like Super Stardust HD did but I hardly play it.

Have to agree.

I appreciate free games, because if they weren't giving them away, I'd still (have to) pay for the subscription so that I could play online. So I'm getting something for nothing, and that's great.

But fuck me, they're a waste of (precious) HDD space at the minute. I try each one, but they're terrible games IMO, and I didn't buy a PS4 to play games that would run on an Amiga.

(They even have performance issues due to most of them using Unity, so actually, Amiga games would run better.)

I'd prefer Sony to bring EA Access to the PS4 and bundle that with PS Plus, bumping up the subscription cost a little. At least then the games would be worth playing, and you'd get the one-week-early-access trials too. Maybe they could then give away the indie games when EA had a quiet month, and they'd probably be better games because they could be cherry-picked from a larger selection.

I'd even prefer to see DLC for games people actually play being given away.

EDIT 1: How do the devs feel about it, I wonder? How does it work financially? Do they get a set amount? I wonder if it's less money than they'd get should the games NOT be free and a small amount of people paid for it...

EDIT 2: To answer my own question:

Developers negotiate PS Plus contracts with Sony on a case-by-case basis. Whereas Avalanche [developers of Just Cause] received the goodwill and positive public relations from a free PS Plus game (Square Enix, the publisher, presumably would've gotten compensation from that specific deal), some smaller developers we talked to did receive money directly from Sony when they made their games free.

Due to non-disclosure agreements, developers are tight-lipped about exactly how much, and how, Sony pays out. But we can at least get an idea of the effectiveness of a PS Plus free promotion.

In February, independent developer and Closure creator Tyler Glaiel put his game in the Instant Game Collection rotation.

"For us, yeah, the revenue was worthwhile," said Glaiel. "[Subscription models] are not a replacement for selling games traditionally [...] but it's super awesome Sony is doing this, because it helps in the end."

SOURCE: GameDeveloper.com

Last edited:
Yes because it's offer with the PS+ this month

And more details for my friend Placebo, I can add unfortunately the PS4 version have some frame rate problems and a strange unresponsivepad bug during 1 seconde at the beginning of each level. But the game are really cool, try to collect all characters like Predator, Neo, Replay, Terminator etc..

Back
Top Bottom