Sony PlayStation 3

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by ThomasGOAL, 14 May 2005.

1. vondave

vondave Stretford End

9 August 2005
    Re: Sony PlayStation 3 & 4

You're defo fine then!

2. Coopz

Coopz Retired Footballer

27 April 2002

Fifa 14 arrived today for me as well

3. mfmaxpower

mfmaxpower International

29 July 2010

Seems like there's some quality issues with the Dualshock 4s. My first controller I ended up exchanging because the L1 button started sticking. It didn't affect gameplay but was just annoying as hell. Now my replacement controller is doing the same thing.

I think it might have to do with where I'm hitting the button, which is typically slightly at an angle. When I hit it more flush, it doesn't seem to stick. Problem is, that's just the natural way I hit the button. (And when I say it sticks, I don't mean that it stays stuck, it just sort of clicks and pauses in the depressed position for a second.)

Then there's also a number of reports of the analog sticks wearing, which I've yet to experience.

4. Radiation

Radiation Golden Boot Winner

6 February 2006
    Widnes
    Newcastle United

I had that sticky issue on the Ds3, one of the bumpers and I think the triangle button. It eventually passed over time through wear and tear

5. Suuuuupertalk

Suuuuupertalk International

17 August 2010
    Luton Town

PS Plus continues to be awesome as ever. I've recently finished Remember Me which I really liked, am halfway through Metal Gear Rising, and coming at the end of November is GRID 2, Guacamelee!, GTA Liberty stories, as well as Resogun and Contrast on PS4.

6. mfmaxpower

mfmaxpower International

29 July 2010

Sounds like the sticking shoulder buttons on the DS4 problem is fairly common, and interestingly a lot of people report the issue due to playing FIFA.

Thankfully it sounds like you can fix it, though whether it's a permanent fix, I don't know. Here's a video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PyFqkm7oIEk&feature=youtube_gdata_player

7. Suuuuupertalk

Suuuuupertalk International

17 August 2010
    Luton Town

Shopto emailed me today to say it's packed and ready to ship on Thursday :) I'm glad they're using DPD to deliver, I was worried they might use City Link!

8. jaygrim

jaygrim TheAllSeeingEye

26 July 2005
    Everywhere.
    Man Utd

Yeah yeah were good with the Xbones and you can track the driver. Mine was delivery bloody 114.

9. Honome

Honome The Hated Chatbox Murder

16 April 2003
    Brasil
    Fluminense

Suuuupertalk better not track the driver or else the car may explode only a few blocks from his house!

10. Lami

Lami Niche Football

28 May 2007
    Sydney
    Man Utd, Vecchia Signora
    All PS4 talk goes in the dedicated PS4 Thread now.

11. Aboutreika18

Aboutreika18 Too Black, Too Strong

5 September 2006
    Persona 5 out next year.

12. Ipswich69

Ipswich69 Banned

25 July 2011
    GT6 now available for download from the PSN (16.2GB):)) Got if for $39:SMUG:

13. Placebo

Placebo Ԁlɐɔǝqo

3 May 2003
    La Manga Del Mar Menor, Spain.
    Sheffield Wednesday
    Zero interest, for me it's a pointless release as I have GT5 Academy Edition.

14. Ipswich69

Ipswich69 Banned

25 July 2011
    I have that too:))

15. Isslander

Isslander Gordon's alive!

3 August 2003
    Iceland
    Liverpool
    remember to check in for the 12 deals of Christmas, you never know when something pretty cool can get in there.

16. Ipswich69

Ipswich69 Banned

25 July 2011
    Indeed. Between Amazon and the PSN there's been quite a few good deals on digital games in the past 2 weeks.

17. Placebo

Placebo Ԁlɐɔǝqo

3 May 2003
    Sheffield Wednesday
    Ok so serious question, what makes 6 worth buying when you have 5AE and you just bought a PS4? :)

18. Ipswich69

Ipswich69 Banned

25 July 2011
    I don't have a PS4 yet although I'm not sure if you're talking hypothetically about yourself in that question. Either way, I haven't played the game yet so I'm not really sure if it is worth the upgrade to be honest if one is planning on putting the PS3 away. Will opine in few days though.

19. Placebo

Placebo Ԁlɐɔǝqo

3 May 2003
    Sheffield Wednesday
    Yeah hypothetically myself really, but even if I didn't have a PS4 it just seems to me that GT5 was developed so late in the life of the PS3 that it probably was the best GT game they could do on current gen so GT6 gives me the impression that it'll just be more of the same rather than moving the series forward? Look forward to your opinions :)

20. romagnoli

romagnoli Misses Retri

7 August 2004
    Guess it's a bit of a bummer for PS4 owners that GT6 is on the old console, I know I tend to want to pack the old console away when I get the new one (though at least last time it was a PS2 slim, which was half the size of an after eight mint). I personally thought the handling felt a lot more alive and infinitely more nuanced in the academy demo compared to GT5, but we'll have to see when I put the new bugger through its paces tonight (please, Shopto).

21. Isslander

3 August 2003
    Iceland
    Liverpool
    The Last of Us hit the 12 deals today! Go get it if you haven't already!

I don't get that install thing though, a 137 meg download and then the game takes hours showing you an install/download screen. I don't even know if I can pause this thing. Guess I'll just have to leave the PS3 on.

22. Ipswich69

Ipswich69 Banned

25 July 2011
    Yea, you have to leave the PS3 on with the loading screen there for it to continue to download. You can quit it and do something else on the PS3 but it will stop downloading until you go back into the game. I think I was able to start playing the game after it downloaded about 60% of the game, I think.

23. Isslander

3 August 2003
    Iceland
    Liverpool
    Ok it's not that bad then. I just left it over night so I had the game in when I woke up :)

24. Radiation

6 February 2006
    Widnes
    Newcastle United
    Some insane deals in the psn jan sale. Ni no kun is only a few pound! So many great games the for a couple of quid.

25. Isslander

3 August 2003
    Iceland
    Liverpool
    ok nice, and DMC hitting Plus as well.

My list of shame is going to be endless, I can hardly see me finishing half the games I'm getting.

26. Lami

Lami Niche Football

28 May 2007
    Sydney
    Man Utd, Vecchia Signora
    Ni no kuni is just lovely.

27. Isslander

3 August 2003
    Iceland
    Liverpool
    I decided to give DMC a little go last night and ended up going to sleep way too late! Really like it so far, tried the demo a good while ago and wasn't all that impressed, really. I got The Last of US and Beyond in the last few days but I think most of my time will go to this one, for now.

28. Lami

Lami Niche Football

28 May 2007
    Sydney
    Man Utd, Vecchia Signora
    DMC, Bioshock Infinite, and Brothers coming free to PS Plus next month :D

29. Radiation

6 February 2006
    Widnes
    Newcastle United
    That's for USA isn't it?