Sony PlayStation 3

Re: Sony PlayStation 3 & 4

tumblr_ll1sj8Mozx1qdlkgg.gif

Not long 'till launch now....PES 2014, GTA V and then PS4 launch. Not a bad few months, gaming-wise!

I wonder how PS4 will filter user photos though. I saw a Drive Club demonstration on YouTube where the woman took a photo with the PS4 camera and your faces appear on-screen when competing with other players. Sony must have some hardcore filtering going on there.

Any of you guys aware if a connection convertor would work with this?

I play my PS3 via a Projector (Acer 1130XP), it only has D-SUB 15pin in (VGA)
, Composite Video, S-Video and RS-232.

I've noticed there are like HDMI to VGA convertors but just wondering if anyone has any experience of these things and if they do work? Obviously I'm not sure if PS4 will have an issue itself, but just wondering.

Ta Much.

FD

Well they're very common for use with PC monitors and in my experience do not harm image quality in any way at all, so presumably would work fine for a projector as the technological concept is the same :)

Cheers mate, I'll pick one up, hope it doesn't mess up my gaming.

Although tbh it'll be a bit later I'll get the PS4, as whilst the graphics will no doubt be even better, if that's possible (to my eyes anyway :D) I still have a host of games I've still to play, and a few coming out that'll keep me interested. As well as no PES2014 for PS4 so I can't be doing without my PES annual fix.

FD

EU PS+ for October announced

In summary
Leaving PS Plus:
25th September: Assassin’s Creed 3
25th September: Saints Row the Third
25th September: Payday: The Heist
25th September: Urban Trials
25th September: New Little Kings Story
Entering PS Plus:
25th September: Far Cry 3
25th September: Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams
25th September: Dragons Dogma: Dark Arisen
25th September: Street Fighter X Tekken
25th September: Touch My Katamari

Anyone going to Eurogamer Expo this weekend? I'll be there on Friday!

I am also there this Friday, wanted to go this year to get a hands on of the next gen systems.
I am hoping to get a few games on next gen FIFA and see if it is actually any better than the current gen.

I used to go ECTS years ago when that was about, but I know this will be very different to that.

Last edited:

I require some assistance please, a friend of mine has a Monitor for his PC, but he wants to use his PS3 on that monitor as well, he's bought an HDMI cable, but he can't get any sound at all (the monitor does not have built-in speakers).

So what we need to do is connect up the ps3 a/v cable with the red, yellow & white cables up to the soundcard on the PC somehow? How can we go about doing this?

Does anyone know a good way of doing this please?

For his PC, he uses the soundcard onboard from the motherboard, he does not have a separate soundcard. Would the guidance be to buy a separate soundcard and use that for his PC and use the onboard for the ps3, or vice versa?

How can I connect up the ps3 to the soundcard on the PC?

Another thing is, he has speakers for his PC, how can he get the speakers to output both PS3 & PC audio at the same time, or switch between them?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

I require some assistance please, a friend of mine has a Monitor for his PC, but he wants to use his PS3 on that monitor as well, he's bought an HDMI cable, but he can't get any sound at all (the monitor does not have built-in speakers).

So what we need to do is connect up the ps3 a/v cable with the red, yellow & white cables up to the soundcard on the PC somehow? How can we go about doing this?

Does anyone know a good way of doing this please?

For his PC, he uses the soundcard onboard from the motherboard, he does not have a separate soundcard. Would the guidance be to buy a separate soundcard and use that for his PC and use the onboard for the ps3, or vice versa?

How can I connect up the ps3 to the soundcard on the PC?

Another thing is, he has speakers for his PC, how can he get the speakers to output both PS3 & PC audio at the same time, or switch between them?

Thanks in advance.

Easy solution is he should have an audio out jack on his monitor, use that to connect to the speakers.

Is the message pop up and freinds online/offline pop up resizeable?

I didn't take too much notice into them before, but since I got my replacement PS3, they seem bigger. I do think its just me thinking it though.

Last edited:

Ps plus update

In summary
Leaving PS Plus:
23rd October: Far Cry 3
23rd October: Mafia 2
23rd October: Spec Ops The Line (NBA 2K13 in UAE)
23rd October: Street Fighter X Tekken
23rd October: Touch My Katamari
Entering PS Plus:
23rd October: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
23rd October: Remember Me
23rd October: Oddworld Strangers Wrath
23rd October: MotorStorm RC

I got Hotline Miami and Guacamele on the Cross-buy sale as I stated in the Vita thread. Hotline Miami is really good on the Vita, a bit hard to control at first but it soon becomes second nature. The game can be rock hard at times but you restart each level if you die so the difficulty doesn't quite infuriate. I haven't got time to check the other game yet, but I really recommend Hotline, especially on the current price.

http://couchjockeyz.com/mp3-support-dlna-and-more-features-to-follow-on-2nd-ps4-update/

We were able to speak to a Sony rep today about if any of these features could be implemented in the near future and much to our surprise we have received a “Yes“. The future update that is in process to be rolled out shortly after the PS4′s launch(November 15th) will include the following detailed features listed below:

Legacy headset support
Mp3 support for not only in-game but non gaming as well.
Suspend and resume play feature

All of these features are set to hit PS4′s consoles by late 2013- to early 2014.

Waiting for a more credible site to confirm it now...

Back
Top Bottom