1. We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners. Learn More.

So many fouls, yet so few cards[WE9]

Discussion in 'Winning Eleven' started by Svullo, 16 August 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Svullo

Svullo Non-League

22 September 2004
    This is really ridicolous, that the cpu foul me so many times, and never gets yellow card. And its really frustrating when you dribble past a guy with only the keeper to beat and they trip u, and most of the times gets away with it!

Does this only happens to me, or is it well known problem?? If it is I hope konami tweak it til pes5!

2. Tom

Tom likes turtles Staff

12 December 2001
    Hamburg
    Well, they get yellow cards here, though it's way too rare.

Nokami shouldn't have messed with the foul and advantage system anyway, it's been okay the way it was before.

3. ekequist

ekequist Non-League

6 May 2002
    Stockholm, Sweden
    I totally agree. The foul and advantage system was good enough in WE8LE.
    Let´s hope they correct it for PES5.

/PS

4. ibu2003

ibu2003 Competition Killer

2 August 2003
    London
    Newcastle United
    I like the advantage system I just hate the high fouls ratio too often im giving away free kicks for simply pressing R2 behind a player or when im just running for a ball. They had a similar problem in WE8 last year and eradicated its high frequency in PES4 but it seems this is always the way in the japanese versions of WE. Expect it to go down drastically on PES5.

5. BK_83

BK_83 World Class

7 June 2003
    singapore
    once i was controlling beckham.. and i slided in from the side and the player stumbles but doesnt fall down, play continues, after tat the ball got out of play and i heard a whistle and the ref gave beckham a straight red card, u should have looked at my expression then... :o

6. homan_7

homan_7 Intertoto Cup

21 June 2004
    I think the foul system is still a right mess. I was playing with Fernando Torres, speeded pass Nesta, he was the last man, was about to shoot, and he hauled me down on the edge of the box! No card. And I was 2-1 down! So pissed off! And the game can be so erratic and way too slow sometimes, because the CPU just constantly fouls you. It's impossible to even string two passes together without another stupid free kick.

7. Interista

Interista Il Capitano

19 August 2003
    Bahrain
    FC Internazionale
    Maybe it depends on the referee now ?

8. homan_7

homan_7 Intertoto Cup

21 June 2004
    Haha. That's a good point. But I've got really fed up with playing Winning Eleven 9. Sounds like a travesty, but the fouling system has really just killed the flow and the gameplay for me. I was really tempted to go back to 8 Liveware, but i've decided to just give the whole series a rest.

9. Svullo

Svullo Non-League

22 September 2004
    I've given up WE9 to, the fun gameplay just isnt there anymore. If they doesnt fix this for pes5 Im considering giving fifa a shot.

10. alvaroaze

alvaroaze Non-League

29 June 2005
    this is really ridiculous... i've played like 50 games and havent see a red card yet! in LE it was way better. The fouls in we9 have doubled, but the ref never shows the card. IMHO konami fuked up in we9. 8LE had better cards and better stamina management.

11. bulldrig

bulldrig Conference

27 October 2001

I can understand why people dont like the increase amount of fouls [I think its ok the way I play it], but on the other hand, whats wrong with the advantage system? Its working almost flawless to my experience. Really rarely I see any bugs with it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.