Smallville

jamie_mack said:
i cant remember what deal clarks dad made with durrel can someone enlighten me please?

He said he would do anything if he (Durel) would help him get Clark back

oh yeah when he went mad on the red stuff! looks like thing might be getting a bit more intresting after last nights episode!

He's dying of the mad liver/lung (can't mind which) disease that Adam had and that other guy who tried to blow up the hospital's brother had, so he needs Clark's blood to cure himself but he's trying to find out how to make the cure last more than 12 hours. Or something.

So he got despondent and thought about topping himself. Dunno where he got Clark's blood from in the first place considering he doesn't know it's Clarks' blood.

where did he gets clarkes blood

he got the blood from lexs office. Lexs ex wife got clarkes blood when clarke was sick. How sad am i?

a few brief corrections

The makers have always said Clark will not fly in Smallville, period. Maybe the last ever shot of the last ever ep, but it will never be a regular thing. They don't want him in spandex, and they feel this would be too dangerous a step for the show.

They're not trying to match the series up with the films - notice how it's been made impossible for Lois Lane to exist as she does in the films? Chloe used her cousin's name, i.e. Lois Lane, as a pseudonym for the Daily Planet. Her justification was that her cousin would never be a writer. Now, it's not impossible they could introduce a Lois Lane, but it'd be pretty stupid if they did. Unless they're suggesting Chloe will use the LL pseudonym forever, which is kinda neat but again nothing like the films.

Clark's biological dad = Jor-El. Like Kal-El. Not like some bastardised form of Duracell ;)

The key romance in the series isn't Clark and Lana - it's Clark and Lex. Haven't you ever read Television without Pity? ;)

And I don't get why everyone thinks Lana is so hot. But that's just me.

if thats the case what was the story line with the washed up reporter who turns out in the films to be the editor of the daily planet, they covered the story line showing why he will never think clark is superman!

Because no-one apart from people that are insane/considered insane by society are ever allowed to know Clark's secret? Perry is a character from the films/comics/TV series but not quite the same. Mainly cos he ain't the Daily Planet editor, and probably wouldn't be by the time Clark would be a reporter there, considering the trajectory his life was on.

If you want to find correlations between the films and the show then it's obviously possible, but frankly the films don't deserve the honour ;)

I'm sorry, nothing will ever beat the comics and the films of Superman's childhood.

I was well excited when Smallville came along but after the first few series it just got all Dawson Creek on me (or is it just me? :eh:)

If anything, as someone mentioned before, the only thing that will keep me interested is Lana (sherwiiiiiing! - but I'm jus sayin that as she looks a bit like my fiancee :twisted: ) but there is a limit :(

Smallville is intended as one of those "superpowers as analogy for highschool angst" teen dramas. It just occasionally has cool Super-arcs to fill up time. Buffy the Vampire Slayer did this too, but was more funny and ironic about it.

The films were good when you watched them in the cinema with packets of salt and vinegar Monster Munch, but not to watch today. Yuck.

There's a decent graphic novel on Superman's childhood, For All Seasons, it's got really good art and tries for a mythic story but sort of falls short. Still enjoyable.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/1840231521/ref=sr_aps_books_1_1/202-6134871-6102206

i think that is has dragged the story out too long with crap episodes of kids effected by kryptonite, these episodes get boring but the epidsode when clarke finds out about his powers and his origin are cool. But their are not many of them.

I'd tend to agree - the Lex/Lionel episodes are good too, but the tedious ways in which they relate everything to Kryptonite gets a bit hmm. This is one thing the movies or comics never covered IIRC, but maybe they're trying to say Kryptonite + Luthorcorp = mutations? Not sure. The ep where the guy regresses 50 years by falling into a pool which has some kryptonite rocks in it was one of the most ugh...

not a bad episode last night better than last weeks attempt anyway, and now we know why Lionel hates lex so much!

Great Ep last night, was good to see how the relationship between Lex and Lionel got the way it is. More like this please

do you think this proves the point about the lana clark love thingbein boring! hardly anything of them to together and a good episode!

Kent you fucking bottle merchant! Knew as soon as I read the blurb before it started that he'd never manage it, Pete gets kidnapped and the shit beat out of him to try and get Clark's secret out in the same episode he 'plans' to tell Lana the same secret. Doesn't take a genius to work out what'd happen, the whole Pete thing would convince him not to say anything, and that's before the episode even starts!

If they carry through the Lionel/Lex thing it could be great, but if Lionel just weasels his way out of it then this series has been a complete disaster.

I'm look Smallville just for her :
kristin_kreuk_miscellaneous_2.jpg

I don't want to say anything about it, better to watch yourself and enjoy it. Don't read any spoilers or rumours about it at all, you'll definitely enjoy it more not knowing what's on the way!

Oh shit, I knew there was summat I was gonna post in this thread.

Well it looks like everyone is dead apart from Martha so I expect her to be the lead for the new series, "Smallville:The Shopping for reduced priced goods Years"

I seriously never saw that ending coming. Clark is off in a wee box type thing, Johnny is lying in a dark cave looking poorly, Lex is curling into a foetal position in the hope that will stop his dying and they will probably be picking bits of Chloe up for the next 10 years.

Fuckin unbelivable :shock:

Lex won't be dead, just hurt. The actress who plays Chloe is definitely involved in the next season, there's some debate whether or not it'll be as Chloe, or as some people are saying her cousin Lois Lane, because apparently in real life the actress now has black hair. The wee box Clark is lying in is shaped like the box the 'S' appears in on Superman's chest ;).

ReActor said:
feck! Is it repeated at all on E4 cos I missed it!

I would guess that they will show it again over the weekend mate, dont panic!!

CWright said:
ReActor said:
feck! Is it repeated at all on E4 cos I missed it!

I would guess that they will show it again over the weekend mate, dont panic!!

Phew - panic over ;) Actually I don't really care as I have only actually watched the last 3 episodes anyway - but I do wanna see the last one.

Yeah it's defo on Sat and Sun so DON'T PANIC!!!

Poor old Chloe, I preferred her of Lana. Still if she's coming back next season then Woo Hoo!

Lex can't die as, well, hes Lex Luthor Supermans nemesis. As for the others tho WTF!!!

Good finish to what was becoming a slightly predictable series.

Back
Top Bottom