1. We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners. Learn More.

Small issue, need some help :X

Discussion in 'The Site' started by Yogui, 7 May 2005.

1. Yogui

Yogui Premiership

3 February 2004
    Paris
    Arsenal FC
    Sorry if i'm posting in the wrong section, or if i opened up a new thread...

I'm actually asking for help in the name of a friend, regsitered here on evo web since a long time ago.
    His nick is Tiptoe, his problem is that he can't post any replies, or create new threads since the forum's update a couple of months ago.
    We would really appreciate if someone could give us a little hand on this.

Thx in advance.

Last edited: 7 May 2005
  2. Tom

Tom likes turtles Staff

12 December 2001
    Hamburg
    What happens when he tries to log in and post things? Any sort of message? Any buttons missing?

3. Yogui

Yogui Premiership

3 February 2004
    Paris
    Arsenal FC
    Well, when he logs in, all the forums are closed (with the locked icon) but he can still see the threads.
    When he tries to post a reply, this is the message he gets :

Tiptoe, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation

4. Tom

Tom likes turtles Staff

12 December 2001
    Hamburg
    I fixed it now.

His status was still set to "Awaiting email Confirmation". I don't exactly know why this was, but I set him to "Registered User" manually, so everything should work fine now.

5. Yogui

Yogui Premiership

3 February 2004
    Paris
    Arsenal FC
    Thx a lot :-)

6. Zygalski

Zygalski Ninja Samurai

2 February 2003
    London, UK
    England
    Didn't want to open a new thread (twice) so
    Can this thread be moved to the real Off-Topic so that we can reply in it again? Thanks :)