Benfica Thread

Re: SL Benfica Supporters Thread - (Zenden to Benfica?)

Soundtracker said:
99% official. Tomorrow we'll have the confirmation.

1% makes all the difference. :)

Tomasson in Stutgart.

Not all is bad, benfica fans can expect t5o find a new merchandizing product tomorrow in Benfica megastore:

tomaco0af.jpg

"I went to Luz to see "Tomaço" and all I got was this t-shirt"

Who's the champ?

Unlike other crappy clubs...we can always get other world class players than Tomasson.

You'll see...

You should be the one felling sorry for this deal. You'll be the one loosing a great player in the end of the season free once he's not going to Stutgart any more and not winning a thing once again.

Stutgart just sold Kurayni and Hleb...why wouldn't they pay tomasson more than twice Benfica or any other top european club would?!

Hardluck
but Benfica are still good, They are looking for forward, Maybe Corradi or Bazzini ?

Soundtracker said:
Who's the champ?

Champions? Campeões? Or Campeõs? :)

campessmall4ce.jpg

Translation: Gama Sport, the company that managers Benfica's concentrations cares for every detail, but there is always something missing: "campeõs"? (campiões is portuguese for champions, so "campeõs" is like the Chelsea oficial van wandering around with "champios" or "champins") :)

Re: SL Benfica Supporters Thread - SAMSUNG CUP (SLB Vs CHELSEA FC)

C'on benfica lads, lets "sing" to mauras:

NEM UEFA, NEM CAMPEONATO...
NÃO HÁ NADA P'RÓ "LAGARTO"!
(NO UEFA, NO CHAMPIONSHIP, THERE'S NOTHING THIS YEAR FOR THE "LIZARD")

Mauras where's Wender, João Alves(Sp. Braga players) and Vagner Love(CKSA)?! :lmao:
Is it UEFA Cup in Lisbon? :lol:
Who have's finacial porblems? :lmao:
Did you got the 19th PT Championship and 1st UEFA CUP in your history? :lmao:

Sporting is a club who nobody knows around Europe...

sure kid, sure... here you go, I'm sympathetic! :)

Tomasson.gif

PS - you could at least avoid presenting a Sporting CP made player and fan in your avatar... not nice homemade players in benfica? Maybe Miguel or Simão.. oops! also Sporting made eheh

Sporting made hahaha. C'mon kid just make a visit to c.Ronaldo's site and search for his favourite portuguese club...Benfica off course, no surprise at all!!
And as far as we all know, Simao, Ronaldo, Miguel and every single player that reaches the top, is always a few seasons after leaving that worthless club.
Ronaldo is an excellent player today thanks to ManUnited and he's in every way uncomparable to the player he was before his transfer!

Why don't you create a topic to discuss your own club affairs instead of comming here and write those pathetic posts? Ohh let me guess...no one other than you would care a bit about that!

uh uh uh :)

Today one can read that some benfica fans already had...

...bought some benfica kits with "tomasson" printed on the back and are furious!

ahahaha it's total comedy, thank God for Benfica really...

PS1 - Stay cool, this is all amusement, no need to get bitter.

PS2 - The main reason why making a "Sporting" thread in this forum would be in fact ridiculous is... this thread. Check out the number of posts and the number of readings, compare it with the other club topics around, cross that with that crap about "benfica having 14 million fans in Mars" and you see my point. I talk Sporting in Sporting forums, with mine. I don't try and make Sporting something it ain't :). Neverttheless I'm doing my part, I've posted here in the past day, helping this thread to become worthy of "the biggest club in the world".

PS - Cristiano Ronaldo a benfica fan? :) You are somewhat making a confusion with his drunken father, which whom he doesn't (obviously) keep some proximity, that one is a benfica fan. Ronaldo saying he is a benfica fan? Yeah right lol

Last edited:

Mauras what means for you, loosing the championship and UEFA cup less than 1 week?

You are talking about Benfica players(Ex-Sporting players), but could you tell who had projected Miguel Veloso?

Last edited:

i just hope that Vieria and Orelhas company stop making all that publicity about new players, because it's just pathetic...i already lost the cout of players that were almost benfica players...and that's just stupid! can they be discret just once? at this point...all the transfers resume to kariyaka..everything else,it's the usual garbage they buy everysingle year! beto?wtf player is that? Léo? a 30years old brasillian...that never played out of brasil? is that something? i'm starting to think that the new number 10 will be another xano or zahovic...

Mauras said:
PS - Cristiano Ronaldo a benfica fan? :) You are somewhat making a confusion with his drunken father, which whom he doesn't (obviously) keep some proximity, that one is a benfica fan. Ronaldo saying he is a benfica fan? Yeah right lol

I am soooo sorry to disapoint you, after another rough year you had...http://cristiano-ronaldo.com/vers_pt/sobre.html

It's just a fact! Like Benfica being one of the few mythical clubs (according to FIFA) and having more than 14 million supporters all over the world. But in the end of the season you'll see again how uncomparably big we are. When you make reference to players made in Sporting you must be talking about barbosa and rui jorge, those unlike Ronaldo always supported sporting but were threated as we all know. That's sporting we all know...a very classy club

And judging a club size for the number of participators in a threat is really smart...even I just come here maybe 1 time a month...but if you wish to visit sites and forums from Benfica that honour Benfica's name I can show you a as many as you want

So Ronaldo still's a Sporting Lisbon fan? Or it's a joke of the year? :lmao:

Quaresma:
"I'm here in Oporto, to assign my contract with one of best of the europe."

Quaresma is a Sporting fan too? :lol: I don't think so my dear friend Mauras...

175ricardo%20quaresma.jpg

Translation: "Quaresma update his contract with Sporting until 2005"

Where's now? In Sporting? :lmao:

Your Ronaldo site is ridiculous :D you really wan't me to believe that that is a real Ronaldo official site? An "official" site with question marks on Ronaldo's sister's name and on the number of brothers he has? What's the matter did Ronaldo had a memory lapse? Do you think I'm a enfuca fan to be that dumb lol?

It's ridiculous how far benfica fans go in dispair. Years without titles, years ago from a decent european participation, years from having produced the last real legendary talent (Rui Costa)... they have to invent this stuff.. :).. makes me remember when enfuca fans dreamed of FIGO being a benfica fan :).

Thank God there is benfica, se we can laugh in Portugal.

Tonight's questions :):

You already bought your KITs ENFUQUE? :)

Ricardo Rocha signed for Chelsea?

Knowledge of the week:

"The last time benfica won a league title Néné still had a SON".

Last edited:

Does Sporting love the number 3?

3rd year consequently in 3rd place, isn't frustrating? :lol:

E já agora... porque é que vocês ainda vivem o tempo dos 5 violinos? :lmao:

Last edited:

Sulph said:

yeahh, very bad start of season by Ricardo Rocha (and Nuno Gomes too) Probably he won't have a chance to play in the starting 11 as soon as Luisao returns.

We really need a killer and strong striker that I'm sure will arrive soon!!

SPiTFiRE[NN] said:
E já agora... porque é que vocês ainda vivem o tempo dos 5 violinos? :lmao:

Funny sentence, coming from a benfica fan living in the past (avatar) ;)

If there's a club in Portugal that lives in the past is benfica, the "sleeping giant that will one day wake up to rule europe once again". Yeah right... ;)

But enough of laughing... on a more serious tone I think that benfica did a couple of good signings this season, even with the "tomaçon" failure i think that Anderson and Kariaka are real solutions and probably koeman will provide a more positive soccer than Trap. Let us see if Benfica has the squad and the resistence to play a more ofensive and atractive soccer, we will see that in the next months, specially with the CL challenge and the negative mood it can bring to a team if things don't go right on group phase one.

Re: SL Benfica Supporters Thread

don't you think there's enough Mauras? why don't you focus on your shitty team? take a good look at your team and think that maybe sporting isn't really that good,that alows u to make funny of us. starting with that clown named ricardo that "if he wanted,he could be at arsenal...he just doesn't want to" LOL man,really don't start...

true ricardo is a joke.. .but you know whose club he is a fan of dont ya? :)

I know Sporting has a quind of shity team... I'm self critical enough.. but I find too amusing to see the red nation (not all of them of course) think benfica is the big "sleepy giant" waking up when benfica has the same (or worse) shitty team than sporting, that's all.

But really.. I love benfica :). It makes me laugh a lot sometimes, like no other club. That bus with "campiõs", who could invent that stuff, only benfica really ;).

hhaha.. now come on guys lets get along. Mauras leave these guys alone.. I know how much you love Sporting and you wouldn't be a real Sporting fan if you didn't hate Benfica and vice versa actually ;) but let's calm it down even though it already is and I enjoy reading this when I have time.

Fact is Benfica is was a giant but have gone crap in recent years due to signing many AVERAGE players. Now don't get me wrong they have had good signings too but they also sign a lot of average players that I wouldn't. They're certainly not as good as they used to be and winning the league this year doesn't make me think they'll be back and have woken up or whatever.

On other hand Sporting are whether you want it or not.. and whether Sporting fans want to believe it or not 3rd club in Portugal. They're kinda following same path as Feyenoord really. They're behind Porto and Benfica and still in there but every once in a while they have good Uefa cup run like Feyenoord did few years back and actually won though ;)

But they create so many amazing players and in recent years certainly more than Benfica. Hell they create so many that some will end up back in Portugal after unsuccessful spells but NOT at Sporting but their arch-rivals Benfica and Porto as Sporting isn't quite able to financially satisfy those high earners and so you have likes of Simao going to Benfica and Queresma to Porto which is quite sad for me to see.

Anyways I wouldn't worry too much about missing out on Tomasson either.. I could name many strikers of same ability in lower leagues that can be brought in for same or less amount of money and are younger as well. Tomasson is a good player but will be going downhill now from now on and though he still has it in him for another couple season he IS past his peak and you can get many other capable forwards from other teams.

P.s. Spitfire, does your PM box work properly man?? I've pm'ed you like 2 times I think and didn't get anything back so I want to make sure you got it cuz it's a real fuckin shame if Portuguese people who care this much about players have CRAP unrealistic data of original when there is better options now.

Just look at Joao Moutinho, the guy has short blonde hair like a German and his stats dont replicate real life and also doesn't have CM position. Just one example.. there;'s like 100 mistakes with Benfica/Porto/Sporting players alone many under-rated like Miguel, Simao slightly and in FK and all those players created like Ivanildo, Andre Luiz.

I'm off to play Sporting vs. AZ match in my game again as it was magnificent and everytime I've had this game in my own data in We8LE it's been an amazing game to play :)

Take care for now Portuguese people.
I'm out

PLF said:
[...]
P.s. Spitfire, does your PM box work properly man?? I've pm'ed you like 2 times I think and didn't get anything back so I want to make sure you got it cuz it's a real fuckin shame if Portuguese people who care this much about players have CRAP unrealistic data of original when there is better options now.[...]

No msg's dude, I think my PM box is crazy. Contact me @ msn. ;)

that sucks.. i picked out 3 posts for you that Portuguese people said after tryin data so you dont have to look for it in that 23 pages thread when you said how are Portuguese teams rated.

anyways you add me on MSN and if i'm on we'll talk, "sinashgh@hotmail.com"

And I urge you to go try that file if you haven't already. I swear i aint sayin it cuz its my file and I don't care if 2 more ppl d/l to 1000 already done but i would feel BAD if i were Portuguese and had this at disposal and could have more realistic stats but didn't know about it.

i'm out for now man.
latez

PLF said:
hhaha.. now come on guys lets get along.

On other hand Sporting are whether you want it or not.. and whether Sporting fans want to believe it or not 3rd club in Portugal.

hi mate ;) that's not entirely true, depends on the point of view:

benfica is the biggest portuguese club in what concerns number of fans and domestic football titles (league and cup);

Porto is the biggest portuguese club in what concerns international soccer titles (UEFA, CL, intercontiental);

Sporting are the second biggest club in what concerns number of fans (probably you though porto) and the biggest club in overall titles in all professional and non professional sports in the clubs (Porto, Sporting and Benfica are more than soccer clubs, they run a lot of professional sports, an ecletism that not all european clubs share).

About "hating" Benfica, I like to make fun, it's not really "hate" (although I confess I became an almost anti-benfica the day I saw a sporting fan die 15m from me with a flare shooted against us from the other side of the stadium from benfica fans, in a cup final, which was not an accident although the official version since minutes before they had shot a first one that almost hit the top stand). I have many benfica friends and even Spifire and Soundtracker are nice fellows which whom I've talked in the past.

I just like to make fun of benfica, sue me :). Mainly because benfica fans seem to see in benfica somewhat more than what it really is, so it's always fun to see these "comebacks to reallity".

Here is one of them:

FOOTBALL: PETER: I'M TOO GOOD FOR BENFICA SWITCH
Jul 19 2005
Exclusive By Keith Jackson

PETER LOVENKRANDS' agent last night made the astonishing claim that his client has turned down a move to Benfica because the Portuguese giants are not big enough for him.

in http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk

Peter WHO?!!

;)

Last edited:

I never heard about him... :lol:

Mauras said:
hi mate ;) that's not entirely true, depends on the point of view:

benfica is the biggest portuguese club in what concerns number of fans and domestic football titles (league and cup);

Porto is the biggest portuguese club in what concerns international soccer titles (UEFA, CL, intercontiental);

Sporting are the second biggest club in what concerns number of fans (probably you though porto) and the biggest club in overall titles in all professional and non professional sports in the clubs (Porto, Sporting and Benfica are more than soccer clubs, they run a lot of professional sports, an ecletism that not all european clubs share).

About "hating" Benfica, I like to make fun, it's not really "hate" (although I confess I became an almost anti-benfica the day I saw a sporting fan die 15m from me with a flare shooted against us from the other side of the stadium from benfica fans, in a cup final, which was not an accident although the official version since minutes before they had shot a first one that almost hit the top stand). I have many benfica friends and even Spifire and Soundtracker are nice fellows which whom I've talked in the past.

I just like to make fun of benfica, sue me :). Mainly because benfica fans seem to see in benfica somewhat more than what it really is, so it's always fun to see these "comebacks to reallity".

Here is one of them:

FOOTBALL: PETER: I'M TOO GOOD FOR BENFICA SWITCH
Jul 19 2005
Exclusive By Keith Jackson

PETER LOVENKRANDS' agent last night made the astonishing claim that his client has turned down a move to Benfica because the Portuguese giants are not big enough for him.

in http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk

Peter WHO?!!

;)

Lol Lovenkrands is at it again :mrgreen: hahaha.

Anyways Mauras no I knew all those things about titles but determining how BIG a club is or especially who's the BIGGER club when comparing two usually can be debateable as it can be based on many factors:

- Overall Achievements (titles and etc even if from 100 years ago)
- Stadium Capacity
- Recent Success
- Quality of players able to attract
- Fanbase (Both Domestic AND worldwide)
- Finances
When you put all these together, I DO see Porto as 2nd Portuguese club. Because all those have a weight in my decision and not just # of titles won which can be from many years ago.

For example if you were to solely judge teams by things won, Many EPL teams and some 2nd division like Preston even would be BIGGER clubs than Newcastle but is that the case really?? No.. it's a combination of those and when you look in recent years and what Sporting has done, they HAVE become the 3rd team in Portugal. They have usually finished behind Porto and recent success is very important not just HISTORY of achievements.

Also Sporting might have more fans domestically in Portugal but throughout the world, I'd say Porto has more fanbase also able to attract higher quality of players currently which is why you see Past Sporting players go to Porto or Benfica not back to Sporting :(

Many many more reaosns.. trust me dude I don't like fact that Sporting is the 3rd club either but you have to accept it just like Feyenoord is 3rd in Dutch now and Besiktas 3rd in Turkey because they do sign big players every once in a while and do become 1st and 2nd sometimes but after all if you tell someone who are 2 biggest Turkish clubs in world, they'll tell you Fener and Gala and ask same about Eredivisie and they'll say Ajax and PSV despite all the many achievements of Feyenoord and bigger fanbase I suppose than PSV.

Same will be said for Portugal, Porto and Benfica are top 2 and Sporting are now in 3rd. Hopefully they can over-take somebody in next decade or so ;)

Take care guys.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom