Benfica Thread

Re: SL Benfica Supporters Thread [LISBON DERBY] SLB Vs Sporting Lisbon -> TODAY!

WE WON! BENFICA 1-0 SPORTING (LUISAO, or was it Ricardo? :lmao:)

AN EMOTIONAL MATCH, NOT VERY WELL PLAYED, BUT IN THE END, WE WON.

WE'RE 3 POINTS AHEAD OF PORTO AND SPORTING!

Ok done with the caps :P We gotta atleast draw the last match because Porto has advantage over us (1-0 + 1-1).

That makes it 90 mins to the 31st title. FORÇA BENFICA!

Oh and...

scp4cv.jpg

:lol:

Re: SL Benfica Supporters Thread [LISBON DERBY] SLB Vs Sporting Lisbon -> TODAY!

heheh...
Porto fan here. I was hoping one of the sides to win!

But truth has to be said, it was a foul, that goal should have not been allowed!
But thank god it did, or porto would have ended 3rd place!

So Doping how does it feel celebrating the title 11 years later? Although you have not yet secured it!

Here's the new sponsor for Sporting shirts:

SCPShirt.bmp

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Re: SL Benfica Supporters Thread [JUST 1 MORE POINT TO BE PORTUGUESE CHAMPIONS!]

LMAO :lol:

Anyways it will be nice to see Benfica win the league, also i want to see them play in the CL.

Re: SL Benfica Supporters Thread [JUST 1 MORE POINT TO BE PORTUGUESE CHAMPIONS!]

I find it funny that Trappatoni is running Benfica towards their championship.

Thats why I find it funny, hes labelled as the king of defence, yet manages to win so much, more titles than Mourinho. Its ironic.:D

Milanista said:
He defines the word 'defence'.

Revan said:
I don't consider Benfica a defensive team! :s

Err... desenfive? Man did you saw any Benfica game this year? All teams who play agains Benfica put the "bust in front of beacon"!
...and we're talking about Benfica of Trappatoni, 'cuz Benfica of Camacho was better attack than this year, but a crap defense (like in San Siro agains Inter [4-3]).

You consider benfica a defensive team? o.O OMG!

oh well, everyone is entitled to their own opinion!

About parking the bus... all teams in the portuguese league do that against the three big (FCPORTO, SLBENFICA, SPORTING)

Revan said:
About parking the bus... all teams in the portuguese league do that against the three big (FCPORTO, SLBENFICA, SPORTING)

Porto and Sporting? o_O? LOOL, they give goals like Moreirense give it to Porto... against Benfica all teams play it better! It's the truth even Camaco and Trap say that! :)

LOL...
That's bullshit... It happens to all of them!

Revan said:
LOL...
That's bullshit... It happens to all of them!

It isn't bullshit! Did you saw Benfica x Vit. Guimarães? Benfica x Estoril-Praia? Benfica x União de Leiria?
That f... teams only play well against Benfica dude. You must admit. ;)

Btw... NO NAME BOYS tifo against Sporting Lisbon in Estádio da Luz:

34271866.img.jpg

Let's see if I can make you understand.

It's against all of them! all of them includes benfica! Against Porto is the same, against Sporting is the same. If you can't see that, then you are blinded by club fanatism!

Isn't a question of a club fanatism, but is truth. Did you see Boavista x Sporting? Sporting had making Olé's in Boavista and Scoring 4 goals.
This week Benfica will defront Boavista, and I think 85% of chances than Boavista will make all of they can do it to not lose the game and playing on counter-attack like a cowards.

Last edited:

1 game, 2 games, 3 games, 4 games, in 34 matches? wake up it's the same for all!

And boavista probably will defende and Counter-attack cause it's logical thing to do. The ones that need the win are benfica, so they will take the control of the game, boavista will just wait for someone on the other side to screw up!

Of course Trapattoni has more titles than Mourinho, Milanista...
He is almost 20 years older than Mourinho! Mourinho is a main coach since 1999 or 2000 I believe... Well, since then he won 3 championships, 1 uefa cup, 1 league cup, 2 cups, 1 supercup, 1 champions league...
But, back to topic..
I went nuts when I heard that Trapatoni was coming to Benfica, a great name in football... He was the right man to coach Benfica, even though I was sad to see Camacho leave... Maybe he will return now, seeing that Trap has already told some newspapers he is returning to Italy...
1-0 to Sporting LOL
Well, we all hope Trap wins 2 more titles =)
Great coach, always stood his ground, he dealt well with all the pressure...

Re: SL Benfica Supporters Thread (BEEENFICAAA CAMPEÃO PORTUGUÊS 2004/2005!)

CAMPEÕOOOOOOOOOOEEEEEEEEEESSSSS CAMPEÕOOOOOOOOOOEEEEESSSSSSS
NÓS SOMOS Campeõesssssssssssssss!

NINGUÉM PÁRA O BENFICA... NINGUÉM PÁRA O BENFICA... NINGUÉM PARA O BENFICA ALLEZ OHHHHHHH!

Benfica was draw with Boavista, so WE ARE THE FUCKING CHAMPIONS!

I Think than I will drunk to home this night!

BEEEEEEEEEEENNNNNNNNFFFFFFFIIIIIIIIIIIIICAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

PORTUGUESE CHAMPIONS 2004/2005!

NOBODY STOP'S BENFICA!!!!!

congrats saw benfica play afew time on ch5 and they were good /// nice captain in simoa

BENFICA WE WON THE CHAMPIONSHIP :D

Say all you want, we're the champions and we're going for the Champion's League next year, hope Camacho comes back now that Trapattoni is gonna go...

But, he still has the Portuguese Cup to win, so força Trapattoni, força Benfica, win the cup for us too...

WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!

Congratulations to Benfica.

I still can´t believe we are champions! The street were flooded, party lasted all night!
Well, we deserved it, despite what our opponents might say. At the end of the day I think it all became even in terms of referee errors, and the team with most will to win, with greater determination won!
For me, the key moments were the tie in Estadio do Dragao, against Porto (lots of people said that we were weak and that it was a bad result, but that tie was precious, great tactical ability. And, we didn't even tie against Porto since 1993. So it was important, and from that moment on I started to feel the title..) Then we had a few bad games, and another key moment was the return of Mantorras. He had been injured for 2 yeas, everyone said he couldn't play any longer, and he had been a player with a tremendous future ahead of him (he had won african young player of the year...). He returned and scored 3 goals (the 4th agains Maritimo in a terrifying 4-3 match, the 1st against Leiria in the 90th minute and the 2nd againt Estoril, in a dificult 2-1 win. 7 important points thanks to Mantorras.And the the victory against Sporting, by 1-0. I knew we were champions there, our response was great.
Simão is a great captain, but the secound half of the championship was appaling. Having scored 13 goals in the first half of the season, in scored only 2 in the second half due to playing injured. A big mistake in my opinion.
Other key playere were Manuel Fernades (enormous future, Trapatoni says he is better than Davids, Mourinho says he is way better than Makelele at his age, and that he could improve to become a huge player). Petit also had a great season, and Geovanni had the best season since he joined from Barcelona.
We have a lot of offers for our key players (Luisao, Miguel, Ricardo Rocha, Petit, Manuel Fernandes), some of them from the likes of Juventos, Real Madrid, Inter, Marseille. It will be very difficult to maintain this side, but I hope we can achieve balance between financial and sporting sucess.

Re: The "GLORIOSO" (Benfica) Supporters Thread

The international dutch player Boudewijn Zenden is the first "target" of Benfica coach Ronald Koeman to strengthen the breeding of Benfica in next season. The player who have 28 years old, will finish his contract with "Boro" in this mouth and will be a free player.
Zenden incases in the plans of the "Eagles", that they intend to strengthen itself with two or three medium. Multipurpose, it makes all the places of the left flank. Also his actue as extremity-right. Moreover, its experience can be useful for the attack the Champions League.

Pierre Zenden confirms that the son is a free player. The linking of two years to "Boro" finishes the 30 of June. But it is not guaranteed that it even comes to the Light because does not lack competition: Liverpool(European champions), Newcastle, PSV and AZ Alkmaar, respectively, are in the race. The raised wage can be obstacle.

Source: Record.pt

don't know, but we have Dos Santos, Fyssas(European Champion), Everson and Simão... why Zenden?

Re: SL Benfica Supporters Thread - (Zenden to Benfica?)

I don't really believe this, although it would be good, but it ain't gonna happen :\

And I would prefer younger players, Benfica could look for some on this U20 World Cup...

Anderson, Karyaka and now Tomasson in. No key players out...I predict an excellent season for us and wait for the new striker to arrive in the next few days...I heard it will be a very good surprise ;)

----------------Moreira-----------
J.Pereira---Luisao---R.Rocha---Leo
----------------Petit-------------
---------Karyaka----M.Fernandes---
---Geovanni---Tomasson---Simao----

------------Moreira------------------
Alex----Luisao----Anderson--DosSantos
--------Petit------M.Fernandes-------
--Geovanni-------------------Simao---
-------Tomasson--Nuno Gomes----------

plus: Mantorras...

not bad huh? The good old glorious Benfica is back!!!

is it official ?? Tomasson to Benfica ??

99% official. Tomorrow we'll have the confirmation.

Back
Top Bottom