Skyrim Remastered

fd1972uk

---------------------
9 January 2002
Glasgow
Celtic
Okay help me here.

I've never played Elder Scroll games and remember this coming out before and never had an urge to buy.

However after Shadows of Murder and The Witcher 3 (PS4's finest) I'm wondering now.

I don't want to delve too deeply into story and get spoilers, but hoping there is a decent storyline within the game.

Not sure if the gameplay is anything like the other 2 games I mentioned though.

Is it a goer?

FD

Skyrim and the Witcher 3 are the two most impressive games I've ever played.

But, why is Bethesda doing this - over 5 years after the original - instead of doing something new? 5 years is time enough to build a new Elder Scrolls game if we're honest.

Not sure where I read about it but apparently a new Elder Scrolls games is in the works, but we won't see it until around 2019... Loved Skyrim but it was a bit dodgy on the PS3 and I never got to finish it nor play the DLCs. Looking forward playing the remaster.

Last edited:
lost a couple of weeks when it came out first. Great game haven't played it in a while so i'm hoping the combat has aged well

Does the remastered edition add anything to the PC version?

Or is it just Skyrim with all the DLC? Because PC already has the higher res textures.

I always wanted to check this out but never got around to it. How are these games played? Is there a defined story with a lot of side missions or it can go many different ways depending on what decisions you make?

Dungeons and Dragons style games have zero appeal to me, but this (and later on The Witcher) are so good that if you're a gamer, and you love great games, you can't really help but love it.

I've promised myself I won't get involved in another RPG while I'm still trying to find the time to finish Fallout 4 though - after that I've got The Witcher 3 waiting, and I haven't even finished GTA V (which I've played across two different generations of console)...

Dont know if its worth the £40 for a current gen upgrade :DRUNK:
Absolutely worth it, imo, especially if you only ever played the gimped PS3 version. It's one of the best games of all time, not to mention a soundtrack that is possibly better than in any game or even most movies out there. Price will come down pretty quickly though, I reckon.

Last edited:
Frustrating that the same old bugs are still there, using Live another Life so started far north and one of the first missions I do is Waking Nightmare and the game constantly CTDs and freezes after the dream sequence, google the problem and find threads from many years ago about the same problems.

Frustrating that the same old bugs are still there, using Live another Life so started far north and one of the first missions I do is Waking Nightmare and the game constantly CTDs and freezes after the dream sequence, google the problem and find threads from many years ago about the same problems.
Seems to be a trend.

I bought the remastered Bioshock and it's still got the same bugs from ten years ago. I had to replay a whole level because every time I killed the bad guys and the one door you can exit through was supposed to open, it didn't, and then at the end of the level - where the boss walks down a flight of stairs and rewards you with a tonic - he would just keep walking in a circle at the bottom of the stairs. (This is after already restarting the level earlier.)

Googling both issues took me to the same GameFAQs pages I remember reading at the time, with the same "all you can do is restart the level and hope it doesn't happen again" answers.

Pretty fucking disgraceful really - this has been a generation of remasters, and you're not even going to fix some game-breaking, save-wrecking bugs?

Complete crap, another for the crapheap.

I've found a games designer company to stay well away from, after this and Fallout.

FD

Is it worth getting on the Xbox One? Are these issues there too?

It's cheap here now and thinking of buying it now to slowly build a library for the Scorpio.

I've been playing it for a couple of weeks,love it,one of the best games ivve played.
Not hard to follow,lots of stuff to do.
I'm just walking around exploring new areas etc ATM.
I have 3- 4 active missions I can do whenever I feel like it.
Storyline is superb.
At level 21 and weapons starts to be pretty good.
Great game everyone should play at some point

Is it worth getting on the Xbox One? Are these issues there too?

It's cheap here now and thinking of buying it now to slowly build a library for the Scorpio.
Late answer,it's on game pass,and will probably be there forever since it's a Microsoft studio now

Back
Top Bottom