Sky HD - World Cup on BBC HD

Re: Sky HD

Just got my install date for Sky HD.....25th May....now I'll get to see Becks lift the WC in HD ;)

mattster12 said:
Just got my install date for Sky HD.....25th May....now I'll get to see Becks lift the WC in HD ;)

22nd of May for me.

Don't worry, I'll rub it in how good it is...for 3 whole days.

Nice you got it on the anniversary of that 'One Night in May'.

KOP_007 said:
22nd of May for me.

Don't worry, I'll rub it in how good it is...for 3 whole days.

Nice you got it on the anniversary of that 'One Night in May'.

Nice one mate....got me panny phd8 tv coming today aswell...it's gonna be sweet man :mrgreen:

easyeasyeasy said:
You'll be waiting a very long time to see that, if ever :lol:

We'll see :D ;)

The article posted about the BBC showing the world cup in HD says 'to select few' as a testing grounds. It doesn't say they are rolling it out for the general public at all. Has this changed or something?

mattster12 said:
Nice one mate....got me panny phd8 tv coming today aswell...it's gonna be sweet man :mrgreen:

We'll see :D ;)

PHD8, thats a great panel IMHO :D
You do know how to run it in, so you dont get screen burn etc right>

ashmufc said:
PHD8, thats a great panel IMHO :D
You do know how to run it in, so you dont get screen burn etc right>

Yeh man it's great thanks...and I've done my research on avforums, seen you about there aswell man ;)

mattster12 said:
Yeh man it's great thanks...and I've done my research on avforums, seen you about there aswell man ;)
LOL thats great! Shame I can't get my gif on the site, and you LOL!

KOP_007 said:
That be a haunt of mine as well.

Evo-Web's avforums foreign legion.

Yeh man it's great...so much good advice on there...but the sky hd forum is crazy at the moment lol.

ashmufc said:
LOL thats great! Shame I can't get my gif on the site, and you LOL!

Yeh that'd be even better :mrgreen:

you should try http://www.avforums.com/

They have help me purchase nearly all of my equiptment and answered everything i asked them from Making a screen to getting a better picture on my PJ

I'm a member on avforums, don't post there much but certainly check it out now and again, excellent site.

LOL, thats a great forum as well. Are you from USA?
The Home Theatre Buildfing section on that site is amazing!

Would you notice any improvement using Sky HD with a non-HD TV?

On my TV I alwsy get coloured square blocks like for the grass when watching matches in Freeview.

You can't receive HD signals unless you've got something to receive them with, you'd still be getting the same old SD signal?

It still doesn't change the fact that on a SDTV you cannot receive any HD signal, and you'll have to use the SD signal that you're already using.

It's like asking if you buy a PS2 game can you play it on your PS1, why would you be able to do that without the PS2 to play it on?

Sorry if I'm picking this up wrong, btw.

NickSCFC has a point there.

We don't know yet if the HD channels can be downscaled and then viewed via Scart. If so, it will be better quality than normal SkySD. Becasue the incoming picture will have more detail, and then get downscaled.
But I wouldn't pay £10 extra a month for it.

KOP_007 said:
You can connect your Sky HD box to a regular telly.
Yeah you can, but can you view the HD channels, becasue some of them will be protected possibly.

I don't know.

I'd assume so?

If you buy SKY HD and subscribe you should be able to get everything...even if you don't have a HD telly? Or is the HDCP thing? I'm not sure.

Still, surely it doesn't matter, no one will buy Sky HD without having an HD telly...surely?

Back
Top Bottom