1. We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners. Learn More.

should the old firm go down south

Discussion in 'Football' started by wee_rab, 25 January 2005.

1. wee_rab

wee_rab Guest

Its has been in the news once more that the celtic and rangers going down south i think it would be good as more money into the clubs would be great

2. Gunplay

Gunplay Guest

Who will have the pleasure of having Celtic and Rangers going down on them ?

3. foxtrot

foxtrot Shoe bomber

24 December 2002
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Rangers FC
    Yes they should go down south.

No they won't go down south.

4. fd1972uk

fd1972uk ---------------------

9 January 2002
    Glasgow
    Celtic

What, he said.

FD

5. Vannizzlefashizzal

Vannizzlefashizzal TWENTYTIMES!!!!

31 October 2002
    no!

its not our fault they are stranded in a sh*te league, after entertaining both sets of fans in the past few years I wouldnt look forward to them visiting again.

IMO apart from a couple of bigger grounds to play in they wouldnt offer anything else to our league that we dont get from the likes of lfc, villa and the geordies so keep em up there IMHO!!

6. Clockender

Clockender is back...but for how long?

27 November 2001
    East Lower, Block 13
    Arsenal FC
    No last time Celtic game down to Highbury there were thousands of them pi*sed up. Not a pleasant sight. And this was for a testamonial!!!

7. RuneEdge

RuneEdge Silent Assassin

1 October 2003
    Turn around, I'm right behind you...
    Manchester United
    Has a club ever left their league to join another before?
    Is this even possible?

8. Vannizzlefashizzal

31 October 2002
    lol it was the same when they came to ours, more so the Rangers fans, pissing on themselves, yackin up over each other, very nice....

9. fd1972uk

fd1972uk ---------------------

9 January 2002
    Glasgow
    Celtic

Yeah, though look at the amount who come down and give your players their testimonials, not one team in the world can do that unfortunately in terms of away fans.

FD

10. Clockender

Clockender is back...but for how long?

27 November 2001
    East Lower, Block 13
    Arsenal FC
    Fair play mate, although the "thousands" that were there will probably never remember the match!!

11. ScottBrown

ScottBrown Conference

5 August 2004
    Aberdeen, Scotland
    Well there is the Royal League which include teams from Sweden, Denmark and Norway. So they are trying it out. I think if teams start joining other leagues it will be the downfall of football as we know it.

12. foxtrot

foxtrot Shoe bomber

24 December 2002
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Rangers FC
    Gretna went from the English Unibond Premier League to the Scottish Third Division in 2002.

13. stiffler

stiffler member since nov 2001

20 November 2001
    Cymru
    if rangers and celtic were to move to the prem/chamionship wouldnt it have be terrible for the scottish league though?
    it would be great for celtic and rangers themselves but i think it would almost wreck the scottish league

14. Vannizzlefashizzal

31 October 2002
    well for the spl i thought it'd be better without the OF, I know clubs would miss out on the revenue from gate reciepts etc but there would two CL places up for grabs plus a better run in the domestic cups so thats gotta be better for scottish football....

thats another reason why they wont move down here cos they will miss out on the champs league cos I cant see both making top 4 in the prem, maybe one of them but not both...

15. Evo

Evo Gone And Forgotten

28 June 2003
    <------
    I think they have to to play a better standard of clubs each week, but as many have said I believe that their is little chance of this happening.

16. biggertam

biggertam Winning means Everything

17 January 2003
    Dumbarton -Scotland
    Celtic
    I was in favour of the Old Firm going south in at the start when it was first proposed but now i think they should stick with scottish football because if they leave it will kill scottish football i dont care what terry butcher says yes it will be more competitive but without the the OF the money thats comes in to the SPL will be seroiusly reduced.

I very much doubt the majority of fans are prepared to do without being in Europe for more than a season i think the problem is the sperad of money in the game today Uefa and Fifa have to get together and sort it out to make it a more level playing area.