Should all the England players get Booed?

Do they deserve to be Booed?

• Total voters
d: England did not even had the most talented squad in that group...that is Croatia by a mile.

Sorry to disagree so bluntly, but that is complete and utter nonsense.

If every team in that group played to their full potential then we would have won the group with a 100% record.

That leads me on to my view on the subject.
I agree with Peter Eyres that of course Gerrard never wanted to play shit, nor did Lampard and Carson certainly never wanted to concede that goal.
But it's not about ability or performance, but about shit attitude and ego.

Our players think that because they are stars for their club sides, that they can just turn up and they'll win.
But it isn't going to happen unless you have the right attitude and our players just do not.
I actually agree that if we had swapped a few players and brought in a few, dare I say 'lesser talented players', that were willing to fight and play, then I don't think we would have lost.
Instead we had a team full of complacent primaddonas, albeit very talented ones.

They earn massive amounts of money on the back of the fans financing part of it and they get the chance to represent their country in front of 80,000 paying fans ('customers').

Do the fans have a right to boo after seeing such an abject display of attitude?

Too fucking right they do.

By the way, Robinson got abused yesterday, though I feel much of that was down to the frustration of Steve McClaren constantly picking him.
Especially considering he has been overlooking the best in-form keeper in the premiership in Robert Green for 6 months.

You people are influenced by the dreadfull tabloïds.

Without opening a new can of worms, vanzandt had many good points albeit overly pedantic ones, about how English fans are viewed by foreign onlookers.

Believe me mate, the vast majority of this country are able to see with their own paying pockets and eyes just how good or shit certain teams and players are.
If you think most are swayed by the shit that gets put in our papers then you are very much mistaken and also generalising badly.

I agree with Matherto but thats why the Terry/Rio partnership is so solid.

Most top teams in England have a big stronger hoofing clearancy type CB and a more technical ball Player who can build from the back and pick out a pass.

Terry/Carvalho
Vidic/Ferdinand
Carragher/Agger

Rio is THE best (without question) English defender when hes on the ball, he CAN pass the ball, and he can run it out. All Terry ever does is hoof it out.

agree spot on(except your sentence about J terry):applause: i hate when people jumps on the bandwagon "ferdinand the Lazy or he is shit etc.."
for me he"s definitely one of the best out there

Sorry to disagree so bluntly, but that is complete and utter nonsense.

If every team in that group played to their full potential then we would have won the group with a 100% record.

Well, as you might have guessed, i don't agree...
The way Croatia circulated the ball with lots of first touch passing is far beyond most English players IMHO...
I may not be the big football analyst (certainly not), but the same analysis was made by FourFourTwo and World Socces after recent disappointments in the last Euro and the last World Cup...
Maybe the future English coach should look beyond this so called golden generation...clubs like Aston Villa have excellent young players..
And speaking about Aston Villa. While watching MOTD saturday i was impressed by the match between Villa and Arsenal. The football Arsenal played in that first half simply was from another planet...if i'm not wrong there was not a single English player in that team...
The kind of football Croatia played is occasionally played by Man Utd (superb counter attacking football) and Frank Lampard is also a player with a superb pass in both feet (but you will think at least that last thing is utter nonsense too).

What i said about the English press and their influence, on second thoughts it was a generalization, i'm sorry...that's not a fair way of discussing things (although i was not aware about it).

I completely agree in regards to looking at other players from so called lesser clubs.
You mentioned Aston Villa and I would love to see Ashley Young given a chance to impress.

Despite hating him as a person,- I think Lampard is a very good player, it's just that he is still overrated though and is very fortunate in the position he plays, that's all.

On the main point, I agree that Croatia play better football, but my point was that if we were also to be playing good football as a team, then realistically we would be beating teams like Croatia like we beat Russia at Wembley.
Even that night we was nowhere near our best but we still beat Russia 3-0.

The problem with us is the attitude and that shows when we go and get beaten 2-1 in Russia after leading 1-0 and then losing at home to Croatia, which in all due respect to Croatia, should not really happen if we were at our peak.

It just went to show us that picking the best players in each position isn't always the best way to go.

You need a good balance - which we started to get with Heskey up front. We need to look more at the team and the type of players in each position - rather than the very best players in each position. Then we might actually get somewhere.

I to am disapointed with the players - but the managers tactics were poor and some of the decisions that he made were dire. I don't agree with the booing as I think it makes the players play better! and seeing as Arsenal don't have any English players - then that usually means they are on the opposite side :)

I think the FA need to talk to managers and the Fans when thinking about the next manager. Do opinion polls etc.

The England players should be burned alive at picadilly circus and McClarens head displayed in a glass case and put on the tower of London.

Back
Top Bottom