Shooting prob (Controller?)

RGEE1979

Evo-Webber since 2002
28 December 2002
Tokyo
Spurs
I'm using a PS2 controller with a PC adapter to play PES6 on the PC. Shooting is giving me a lot of trouble; unlike the other buttons which seem sensitive to differing pressure, the shoot button seems to be "all or nothing". This causes a lot of problems when trying to tap the ball in/keep shots low. After playing PES6 and WE10 on PS2 I'm aware of the game physics and something is definitely not right here. The same controller setup also worked perfectly on the last PES/WE installed on my system. Any ideas?

Hmm, i have a logitech rumblepad 2 and had the same problem in the beginning. But its just the PES6 shooting system, after a while you'll get used to it. Just keep practising

I'm using a PS2 controller with a PC adapter to play PES6 on the PC. Shooting is giving me a lot of trouble; unlike the other buttons which seem sensitive to differing pressure, the shoot button seems to be "all or nothing". This causes a lot of problems when trying to tap the ball in/keep shots low. After playing PES6 and WE10 on PS2 I'm aware of the game physics and something is definitely not right here. The same controller setup also worked perfectly on the last PES/WE installed on my system. Any ideas?

You should know that any version of PES as far as I know does not support analog pressures on buttons (or analog sticks either, apart from the 16-way right-stick analog passes). So the difference could be in the way the PC communicates with the pad as compared to how the PS2 comunicates with the pad. There might be differences in response timings between the PC and a PS2, or something of that nature. Or the PC version is slightly altered in this department from the PS2 version, perhaps to accomodate as many pads as possible or something like that.

Back
Top Bottom