Shooting in PES 6

its not randomness if my shot goes in or not. whenever i play i know when ive hit a good one straight away by the feel of the shot, i know that sounds stupid on a console game but its just the way it is. i cant explain to someone how to score, you just do it. its not a science, you dont need a degree.

but as i know when ive hit a good one. i also know if ive hit a bad one. to me the game is that simple, if i cant score in a game then thats life. i dont look for a reason as to why that shot didnt go in etc etc etc. you win some you lose some.

Probably because I use the D-Pad (always have, always will), I find it very hard to shoot in the corners. Sometimes I get so infuriated with players putting the ball marginally wide of the post that I just stop aiming, whack it straight at the 'keeper and wait for the inevitable rebound (or mistake - the amount of times that replays show a seemingly unstoppable shot going within about an inch of the keeper's hand is quite surprising).

Obviously balance and position makes a difference, and I'm glad it does. The only thing that annoys me on that front is the way players that are off-balance or facing away from goal don't slice it or mishit it as might happen in real life, but get the direction right only to blast it six miles over the crossbar. No one really hits the ball too hard in that situation (apart from Owen tonight) because you're concentrating on getting it under control.

I think the shooting system does need rejigging a bit regarding aiming (unless it's 'cos I use D-Pad, which is possible). I'm very conscientious about players being on their correct foot, well-balanced, in space and - perhaps over-crucially - on form, but I still continue to boss some games and find myself 2-1 down at half-time because of my 17 shots 3 have been on target............everything's either just wide or straight at the 'keeper. Gah.

That's why, against mates at least, I've devised a way to leave myself open goals, by attacking down the wing, getting the byline and cutting back to an open striker. Perhaps unsurprisingly, it doesn't make me very popular.

Wow, massive first-ever post. Sorry.

because of my 17 shots 3 have been on target............everything's either just wide or straight at the 'keeper. Gah.

Wow, massive first-ever post. Sorry.

Welcome to the forums!

This is exactly the problem that I have, the shot is either just wide or it goes straight at the keeper. The amount of times I'd have awesome build up play and then the ball just goes wide (and were talking centimeters here) or straight down the keepers throat is stupid.

I have had some brilliant build up play with this version but when it came to shooting it was just not right. After 20 odd shots you'd think one should go in just out of sheer luck! When a footballer hits a shot in real life they rarley aim as such, it's more of a general area of the goal. Or even just a case of trying to hit the target and hope for the best. PES6 just doesn't replicate this for me.

Whether that's to do with me using the D-pad I don't know.

what players are you using here when your taking all these shots? part of it is some players are better than others. if you play master league and train the 17 year old new comers up you will know these guys aint gunna hit a barn door from 5 yards but give me a 20+ yr old christiano ronaldo on the right wing and 9 time out of ten i will hit the target and cause the keeper problems. but yea if you get a young or just simply a rubbish player taking a shot on his weak side its most likely gunna go over. A good example from my experiences is kaka, i bought him for my master league team when he had come back into the game a 17 yr old youngster, to get any kind of decent shot out of him for the first 3-4 seasons i hadto line him up straight as an arrow to get it on target. but now hes 26 and the guy can score for fun from anywhere. it just depends not only on your touch on the controls but the players attributes in the game.

You're talking as though I've never played the game before! I know what I'm doing mate I've played the game since the PSone. I've been a member of these boards (although not overly active) for five years now.

I actually changed all the stats of a team to 99 on everything and I still couldn't score! WTF is up with that? Just wide or straight at the keeper. all the fookin time, I'm getting pissed off just thinking about it! Lol.

Interesting to see so many people on these forums talking about being several seasons in, Kaka being aged 26+ and so on......I never play more than a season at a time. I just get bored of a team.

The same applies to Championship Manager and International Cricket Captain. I've only ever finished a season on each game twice. On PES, only once, in a MasterLeague that I've since deleted....

I think I just like playing with teams in the present age. I've updated transfers (albeit not stats), for example. Not as interested in playing into the future and signing new players and whatnot.

To be honest, I'm just lazy.

lol im in something like 2029 in masterleague, ive played like 22-23 seasons(to be fair master league is all i play). jimjoe im sorry but if you set your whole team to 99 stats and still couldnt score then your really not a good player. thats not a stab at you, thats just a fact. i win 99% of my master league games each season with 17-20 yr old players who cant shoot 2 save their life. a team full of 99 stats, goal scoring would be the least of my problems.

maybe its your formation, i dunno. but if your as good as you claim, scoring shouldnt be a problem on pro evo.

don't worry no offence taken, it's not that I can't win it's more that the goals you score are all the same, for a PES game that's shocking.

You only seem to score tap ins or rebounds. I can beat the com I just don't get that sense of satisfaction from beating them as you have done with previous iterations.

As I said before my build up play is fine and I can take apart most teams on the hardest level, I just can't score at the end of it. you put a cross in and your attackers run away from the ball!

I'm not going to lie about it and then say I can't score!! I'd just lie and say I was the greatest PES player in the world. Which I'm not, I often get 20+ shots on goal but don't score unless it's a tap in or rebound.

On all other PES games I have done the same as you, I've even completed a season on PES 4 with the master league default players. So this is why I feel the shooting is broken.

hmm i score my fair share of rebounds and tap ins but i wouldnt say i score too many of those type of goals that im not satisfied. crossing is difficult i agree on that point. you hafto really think about where your crossing the ball and what type of cross too, but crossing is probably the option of attack i use least. the goalkeepers can be suspect at times, thats one thing i dont like. i had a couple of shots with rooney the other day, the first one was straight at the keeper at a average speed and the ball just brushed off his gloves and went into the net. my gran could have saved that shot. the other time i was rounding the keeper out wide and i slotted it past him, not that it mattered as he was diving the other way leaving me an open goal. but overall i enjoy playing pro evo and i score enough of a variety of goals to keep me interested.

thinking about it does anyone find penalties is very scripted? i havent figured out the exact way the keeper goes each time but i always find if the comp saves one, the next few penalties you get you can tap it down the middle each time and the keeper will never go there. maybe its just me.

Bah sorry, just to wanted to advise: Use Stevie G and let fly from outside the box! Guaranteed shot on target or a sweet a$$ goal!

Seriously, play hard and practise. Only way to learn how to shoot is to learn how to shoot in different situations with different players with varying stats.
Master League is a good way to get better.
Good luck, it's not the games fault cos I've seen too many Youtube posts of a well built goal!
Cheers

You'll have a much more forgiving impression of Pro Ev once you watch a real football match. The number of shots which go wide, straight to the keeper and over the bar is a lot greater in real life than in pro ev. Also in real football passes go wrong and through passes are more than often miss placed and miss-timed, the difference is that in real Football you have from 90-98 minutes (including injury time) to score, in pro ev you only have around 10-15.

Back
Top Bottom