1. We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners. Learn More.

Shearer's Career Ends

Discussion in 'Football' started by Milanista, 22 April 2006.

1. Milanista

Milanista Mangiamoli! Staff

19 December 2002
    London & Milan
    AC Milan
    Even though its just 3 games remaining, hes gunna stop playing.
    I dont like him, but I think this deserves some notice since Shearer is pretty famous globally.

2. Stan

Stan Allez les Lionceaux !!!

12 September 2002
    He was a great forward...he deserved another sort of end for his football carreer...
    Now he will be some sort of manager...i doubt he will be a good one....

3. Metallica

Metallica Whoosh... Bullshit!

20 August 2003
    Pissed up in Sam Platt's
    R.I.P Shearer

Chose his beloved Newcastle instead of bags of trophies!, the choice was right for him though I suppose

4. jonboyo

jonboyo Premiership

19 December 2002
    He was/is an amazing player and no fool off the pitch (no whores on his knob) and I wish him all the best!

5. marukomu

marukomu Ecchi otoko

26 November 2005
    Okayama, Japan
    Man Utd, Stockport County
    He was great but I wish he'd signed for Man Utd. He would have been an absolute legend and United would probably have won the champs league a couple more times with him.

6. fd1972uk

fd1972uk ---------------------

9 January 2002
    Glasgow
    Celtic
    Guy was a brillaint forward, one of the top English forwards I've saw. Personally for some bizarre reason I would've liked him to win something with Newcastle, such as the FA Cup this year, but wasn't to be.

FD

7. ThomasGOAL

ThomasGOAL Retired Footballer

15 March 2003
    France
    oh shit, is so bad to finish this great career on injury

8. phrase

phrase Tactician

12 December 2002
    Little Mancunia
    He is without a doubt the best Striker to ever grace the Premiership.There is no other English striker that is even close to him these days.In his prime,there is no stopping him,he scores them all.Right foot,left foot,headers,freekicks,penalties.Superb in holding the ball and could even man mark the defender instead of the other way round.Its not a puzzle these days when top managers like Sir Alex Ferguson still barks at his chief scouts,"Get me a Shearer!" Thanks for the memories Alan.

9. RuneEdge

RuneEdge Silent Assassin

1 October 2003
    Turn around, I'm right behind you...
    Manchester United
    :applause: Couldnt have said it better.

10. tuta

tuta Marseillais

21 November 2004
    France
    Marseille
    He was my favourite striker in 98. I had to play with him in all my video games :). Then Henry arrived...

11. Revan

Revan out the window

8 August 2003
    Madeira, Portugal.
    FC Porto
    Quite a player in his better days!

any truth about Zidane retiring this season too?

12. drunkenmonkey

drunkenmonkey Catfish

6 December 2004
    Blackpool F.C
    shear class is all you can say about shearer.

never been another one as good as him

13. danwin

danwin Oak Hard

1 December 2003
    If he'd kept plugging away for 4-5 years, he could have been on par with Robbie Fowler. Good luck to him and I hope he does well.

14. dsgg

dsgg balls deep !!

17 June 2002
    london
    you said it mate. an all time great and imo the best english center forward of all time.could never understand why people didnt like him. geting to old to have heros now but he was my greatest and last!

Last edited: 25 April 2006
  15. gergerger

gergerger Banned

14 March 2005
    Was Julio Arca guilty or something for this? or was it just bad luck?

16. Thefootballing

Thefootballing League 2

15 July 2004
    Arsenal "the gunners"
    My favourite player of all times.
    He made me fall in love with Blackburn when i started watching Premier League more than 10 years ago.
    The greatest center forward ever.
    I i wish he' d signed for Manchester United 10 years ago to see him at top level competition in his best years.
    Great champion....an idol! :)

17. steevio_uk

steevio_uk Premiership

7 October 2003
    West Ham
    Bad luck mate, don't worry!!

Went in for a challenge and Arca fell onto Shearer's knee bending it slightly backwards! (Ouch!!)

Last Ever goal against Sunderland though!!

18. Sabac Red

Sabac Red Premiership

22 November 2002
    He'd defiently go into my "top 10 strikers of all time" list, the man is a legend in his prime he was one of the best in the world let alone premiership.

Personally I thought he should of joined Manure when he had the chance to, he was only 25? at the time, could of easily done what Sheringham(win some trophies along the way) did before moving to his beloved Newcastle UTD before he turned 30...

19. Anberlin

Anberlin Guest

Bad end to a wonderful career , best of luck in the future.

20. Rammstone

Rammstone League 2

6 June 2005
    Norway
    Blackburn
    Since I'm a Rovers fan it's hard to hate Shearer since he was insane 11 years ago when we won the Premiership. Although he left us right after we got £15m for him so he wasn't a traitor and has always been loved by the people around him. It's going to be weird to watch Newcastle without Shearer now, but that's just the way it is. I wish him the best in the future, he deserves it.

21. PLF

PLF Legend

2 August 2004
    Indeed one of the best English striker of all times and no doubt he was among the world's best in his peak. He was the TRUE "Clinical" finisher/striker and could do it all whether it was being at right place at right time or headers or unstoppable drives, FK's and volleys!

True legend and yeah like Ram said it'll be a bit weird for a while seeing Newcastle without Shearer but as long as he's on the sidelines, not too weird I guess ;) as his presence will still be felt. Just not in same way anymore! :/

Sad to see him retire because he was sooooooooooo great and entertained me and all EPL fans whether Newcastle or not with so many moments of sheer brilliant finishing! But this is the way it is and there's an end to all things, good or bad :/

Long live Shearer and best of luck to him in future! True Legend!

Edit: For once I didn't read whole thread before posting and now I just saw Phrase's comments and they pretty much sum up my feelings so perhaps the above wasn't even necessary from me :p cuz he said it very well!

Last edited: 29 April 2006