Settings won't load

vinC

pesPRO
28 July 2006
Belgium
RSC Anderlecht
So i've changed some settings like the bgm volume, radar ... and saved these settings. I also checked the box to save the password for network games. Now when I restart the game the settings are set back to standard and everytime I have to confirm wich level I would like to play. What should I do to auto-load these settings?

Grtz

Look into your "My Documents"-File on your PC and there have to be the KONAMI File with the settings. When you dont find a KONAMI File you should not wonder why it didn't work. Change the place of the "My Documents" File to standart and change the settings again...

Look into your "My Documents"-File on your PC and there have to be the KONAMI File with the settings. When you dont find a KONAMI File you should not wonder why it didn't work. Change the place of the "My Documents" File to standart and change the settings again...

I think everything is where it should be. The thing is everytime i start the game i have to go to system settings and load the settings manually when in pes 6 it would load automaticly. Here's the screenshot of my folder.

It's ok like this,right?

Grtz

I think this happens when you don't use a gamepad. You only have a keyboard connected, am I right?

You're right but wtf :lol: Nice bug then but I have a controller so i'm going to plug it in and try it ;)

After reading all your comments on this issue, I decided to give it a try and check what happened if I didn't run PES2008 with my gamepad!
The result was that the game couldn't load my previous settings!
For some odd reason, not playing with a gamepad ends up "confusing" PES2008 saves!

But, this problem also happens when you always play with a gamepad!
I've tried several times to set the in-game language to english and always ended up with the first language I selected when I installed the game (portuguese)!
So, I installed the game again only in english!

How good can this game be if almost every one of us have to come up with some kind of method to bypass every single bug of this game?
These kind of serious programming mistakes are not to be made by a company that is supposed to be one of the world leaders in gaming!

And I should say, if we are expecting a patch to correct all of this game's bugs, we can forget it!
If Konami couldn't make the game perfect in one year, they aren't going to do it in just 1/2 weaks!
Very disapointing...

It's up to us common users to deal with the bugs!

This is what I came to the forum looking for.

* I always use a gamepad and plug it in slot .1
* I have 2 Commentary Languages installed. English & Spanish.
* I open the game, select comentary language as Spanish (much better comentators, even if you don't understand. They just sound like football... the english ones are narrating a golf game instead and can't pronounce a single international name correctly.
* Then I click system settings from the game menu, and SAVE it.
* The Konami folder IS inside "My Documents"

Still, the game always loads in English.

There's another issue when you save in Master League mode after having regulated the condition of your players... I think I might have found an exploit. But I'll make a new post about that.

Back
Top Bottom