Serie A Thread - 2014/15 Season

Hey people, Fiorentina are back in Serie A after beating Perugia in the play offs. Well done to them, and what a rise up for these fallen giants. =D> =D>

Fiorentina are back in the big time after getting the better of Perugia in their play off.

The Florence side were in turmoil three seasons ago when they were banished to the lower reaches of Italian football after being declared bankrupt.

They have climbed their way up the leagues and gave themselves a chance of promotion when booking a play-off spot.

The Viola took a step ahead last week when securing a narrow 1-0 win and 30,000 fans were at the Artemio Franchi on Sunday to see if they could complete the job.

The tension was high and the first half lacked quality, but Fiorentina came out after the break and young striker Enrico Fantini put them ahead on 47 minutes.

Fiorentina were reduced to ten men five minutes later when Fantini was given his marching orders after picking up a second booking.

Perugia poured forward and they ensured a tense finish when Guilherme Do Prado netted eight minutes from time.

Fiorentina withstood a late barrage of pressure to book their place in Serie A.

Fiorentina president Diego Della Valle was delighted, as he said: "We are happy for the supporters, for the team, for the city. We had to come back to Serie A.

"This is Florence, this is the reason for which we deserved to come back to Serie A.

"Now we are there and we will look to the future. We will talk about everything next week. But now let's live this moment."

fiorentina.jpg

Batistuta will play for them next season. His good friend Di Livio might continue as well :D I actually hope Rui Costa ends up going there as well even though it will neve rhappen. 5-6 years ago Fiorentina were a mighty side.

More problems in Serie A:

Reggina and Siena are facing the threat of expulsion from Serie A after failing to meet Monday's deadline to submit documents regarding their financial situation.

The news comes as Italian football officials have set tough guidelines to clubs in Serie A and B following recent money problems amongst several clubs.

All affected clubs had to give assurances to officials regarding their financial standing in order to be registered for the coming season.

Serie A giants Lazio were one of the sides facing expulsion on Monday, but they secured their future in Italy's top-flight when the Rome-based club announced that businessman Claudio Lotito had invested €21 million in the Stadio Olimpico club.

Reggina and Siena, however, failed to meet the Monday deadline but they do have until Thursday to submit the proper documentation and secure their Serie A status, as they are widely expected to do.

Of more concern are the Serie B clubs that failed to meet the Monday deadline, with Ancona, Napoli, Torino and Verona all facing expulsion from the Italian second division.

Of the four Serie B clubs in need of submitting forms to officials by Thursday, there is real concern in Italy that Napoli and Ancona may not be able to satisfy the current financial requirements and that they would be thrown out of Serie B before the new season begins.

Not Serie A, but newsworthy nonetheless,

Napoli and Ancona have been left out of Serie B after it was ruled in the court that they were financially unable to be enrolled in the new season.

“The Football Federation had to respect the decision of the courts,” insists the League’s Vice-President Antonio Matarrese. “So those teams that weren’t in line with the rules could not be entered into next season’s Championship.”

The two clubs will have to restart from Serie C1, but this is unlikely to be the end of the case after last year’s debacle surrounding Catania dragged on for the whole summer with the club eventually remaining in Serie B.

Other teams that have been excluded from the Championship include Como and Viterbese in Serie C1 and Varese, Palmese, L`Aquila, Brindisi, Isernia, Meda e Paternò in C2

Meanwhile, League chief Adriano Galliani (right) has insisted that this will not affect the start of Serie B on August 29. He also stated that Serie A would begin on September 12 with the fixtures being announced on August 12.

..and now it looks as if Napoli will disappear completely..

Former Serie A champions Napoli will disappear from Italian football after being declared bankrupt.

Only a week ago, Napoli were kicked out of Serie B for the coming season after failing to provide guarantees regarding their financial security.

Though the news is unlikely to be made official until Tuesday, Napoli's chief officer Paolo Bellamio acknowledged the club's fate.

"We are waiting for the official news," he commented.

With no future for the Naples club, it remains to be seen if a new team will rise from the ashes, similar to Fiorentina in recent years.

Napoli could request the implementation of a law known as 'Lodo Petrucci' which allows a club made bankrupt to reform and start again at a lower level.

That would mean Napoli would play in Serie C1 next season but it is unclear if they will follow this route.

The charismatic Perugia owner Luciano Gaucci (pictured) had attempted to rescue the stricken club last month and he lamented the demise of Napoli, who enjoyed their golden period in the 1980s when Diego Maradona was at the peak of his extraordinary powers.

Gaucci said: "At this moment, I'm sorry especially for president Salvatore Naldi who has put a lot of money in to this adventure.

"I don't know if the bankruptcy will reflect on my plans. Now we must see what the court has decided and what sentence has been passed."

I watched a whole story about them .. they were good .. :( .. but let us hoe that they will get back :) .. and be one of the greatest .. it will take more than time and money .. but let's wish them goodluck :)

I've a question: do you like your way to see football matches? i mean that everyone is sit down, and there's no flag and go on.. i wanted to know if you prefer the italian one..

sorry for the language, i'm not english.. :p

A couple of "friendly" results: Forza Sampdoria! :D

Milan 2-2 Sampdoria (5-6 on pens) (Trofeo Seat)

Scorers: Tomasson 38 (M), Kaka 44 (M), Bazzani 51 (S), Flachi 58 (S)

Missed pen: Serginho 49 (M)

Milan: Dida; Cafu, Stam (Costacurta 46) Nesta, Kaladze; Gattuso, Rui Costa (Abate 77), Serginho; Kakà (Dhorasoo 46); Shevchenko (Crespo 46), Tomasson (Pozzi 77)

Sampdoria: Antonioli (Turci 46); Zenoni (Sacchetti 46), Falcone, Castellini (Carrozzieri 46), Tonetto; Diana (Kutuzov 46), Volpi, Edusei, Doni (Pisano 78 ); Flachi (Pagano 86), Bazzani (Rossini 69)

Livorno 1-1 Juventus

Scorers: Zebina 40 (J), Danilevicius 75 (L)

Livorno: Mareggini (Mazzoni 88 ); Fanucci, Vanigli (Vargas 68 ), Perna; Pfertzel (Balleri 82), Ruotolo (Vidigal 85), Passoni (Gambadori 46), Giallombardo (Evangelisti 66), Vigiani (Ara 71); Biliotti (Protti 57) (Traore 80), Danilevicius (Lucarelli 76)

Juventus: Buffon (Chimenti 46); Birindelli, Tudor, Legrottaglie (Ferrara 46), Zebina; Olivera (Pessotto 73), Emerson, Blasi, Zambrotta; Del Piero (Miccoli 46), Zalayeta

Anybody can update me on the Phillipe Mexes story? I knew he was at Roma and was in some friendly matches,but today I went to their official site and he was nowhere to be found and the got Matteo Ferrari instead!

Both Ferrari and Mexes are playing for Roma.
This is the latest on Mexes.

Mexes launches new appeal Saturday 14 August, 2004

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Philippe Mexes is requesting that FIFA pass over their arbitration on his row with Auxerre, while Roma confirm they will sign a striker.

Mexes has been playing regularly in a Giallorossi jersey over the summer, but he is still not registered to take part in competitive matches due to an on-going battle with Auxerre.

The Frenchman’s case has been under FIFA arbitration for two months, but no decision has yet been made. Mexes is now claiming that FIFA cannot rule on a matter more than 60 days after the original appeal was lodged.

He and Roma would instead prefer to bring in the TAS (Italian Tribunal of Arbitration for Sport) to give him to go-ahead to leave Auxerre for the minimum transfer fee.

Mexes, so far as im aware, is now very much a Roma player. Fifa had handed him a 6 week suspension which was supposed to come into effect today. But this has been lifted by the Court of Arbitration for Sport, and he is allowed to play (played full match today) until the court decides on its sentence.
Confirmed
Here

Here are the scores for the opening weekend (less the evening game)

Yesterday
Chievo Verona 2 - 2 *Inter Milan

*Dejan Stankovic (15)
Franco Semioli (28)
Sergio Pellissier (36)
*Adriano (48)

AC Milan 2 - 2 *Livorno

*Christiano Lucarelli (pen 9)
Clarence Seedorf (2)
Clarence Seedorf (47)
*Christiano Lucarelli (67)

Today
Atalanta 2 - 2 *Lecce
Giampaolo Pazzini (2)
*Guillermo Giacomazzi (10)
Demetrio Albertini (51)
*Valeri Bojinov (76)

Brescia 0 - 3 *Juventus
*Pavel Nedved (34)
*David Trezeguet (38)
*Zlatan Ibrahimovic (69)

Cagliari 1 - 0 Bologna
Mauro Esposito (19)

Palermo 1 - 0 Siena
Luca Toni (22)

Parma 0 - 0 Messina

Reggina 0 - 0 Udinese

Roma 1 - 0 Fiorentina
Vinny Montella (53)

(* = Away team scorer).

Cassano was sent off and might face a heavy ban after hitting an opposition player.

away victory for lazio vs sampdoria tonight.
1-0 with a penalty by Paolo Di Canio and that's been their only shot on goal... while peruzzi made two huge saves.
so... lucky start ;)

What's up with Cassano, 2 hissy fits in a week, let's just hope he keeps his head for the Azzurri should he be picked for the WC qualifiers. :mrgreen:

Re: Official "Serie A" Thread

Some interesting action tonight. First up, possibly the worst refereeing i've seen in a long time in the Sampdoria vs Juventus game. He was pathetic.
Final score Sampdoria 0 - 3 Juventus

Secondly, oh dear AC Milan :mrgreen:
Final score Milan 1 - 2 Messina

Atalanta gave Inter a game too, leading 2 - 1 at one point.
Final Score Atalanta 2 - 3 Inter Milan

Totti missed a penalty for Roma against Lecce
Final score Roma 2- 2 Lecce

Grande Juve, back at the top where we belong!!!!!;-)

ADP
ZLATAN
TREZ

.......and the beat goes on.

Pinturicchio!!!!!

51336710.jpg

Hopefully back to his best!!!!!

Reporter:You are brave, rich, famous. Do you miss anything?
Alex: "No. Especially now that I have come back to football after a forced absence. I work on something that I like and that allows me to live a good life. What else can I ask for?"

Great level of Juventus, is my favourite one to gain the Serie A.
Nedved, Trezeguet, Cannavaro, Del Piero, Ibrahimovic...

Don Domenico said:
Don't forget Emerson and especially Zambrotta.
Again... Nedved, Trezeguet, Cannavaro, Del Piero, Ibrahimovic... Emerson, Zambrotta, Buffon!, Thuram, Appiah... uff

Back
Top Bottom