Sepp Blatter is ruining football

Clockender

is back...but for how long?
27 November 2001
East Lower, Block 13
Arsenal FC
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/man_utd/7499028.stm

Check this story out.

What a cock. He is basically saying that if Ronaldo wishes to leave Man Utd then he should allowed to do so. What about the contract Ronaldo signed until 2012? That contract is worthless and absolute garbage if you beleive Sepp Blatter.

What sort of message is this sending out? Yes contracts are becoming more and more worthless we all know this but for the president of FIFA to come out and say it well thats the green light for the end of the transfer system as we know it.

Blatter says: "I think in football there's too much modern slavery in transferring players or buying players here and there, and putting them somewhere." :brick:

Modern slavery? on 100k a week? Give me a break.

Players such as Ronaldo sign these contracts for big money then decide after a period of time they want out. My advice is don't sign a fecking long-term contract unless you plan on seeing it out!!

BTW this is not a rant at Ronaldo its more a rant about the state of the modern game and greedy footballers\agents.

I feel better now...

Last edited:
Completely agree, But to be honest this isn't the first time Blatter has came out with crap, apparantly he's been asked to apologise for his comments today.

LULZ!

Slavery in Football? That prick must be kidding, no?

Football players win loads of cash doing what they love (or not) and that idiot says thats slavery? Probably that asshole doesn't even know what is getting up 6 o'clock in the morning, working hard all day, being pissed all the time and get back to home at 18 o'clock with a minimal budget of 1500€ per month or much less (like 600€/month for e.g. in Portugal) with the hope of getting a promotion...

I think football players must respect their own contracts and today it's shame that most of them don't show any kind of love or respect with the crest that they do to represent.

Anormal richy faggots...

The guy is an idiot and it's no surprise football is killing itself with these people at the head. If they think they are slaves, they should try having to live in the real world with real problems.

What do they expect clubs to do, they would expect to get full payment if they got injured or it didn't work out. Football is going down a rocky road of celebrity, where players think there bigger than their clubs and the game itself.

The fact that Ronaldo has come out and agrees with Sepp is really going to endear him to the United fans aint it :ROLL:

How the bloody hell Blatter is still in the position he is amazes me it really does, the bloke is blatantly a fucking idiot!

LULZ!

Slavery in Football? That prick must be kidding, no?

Football players win loads of cash doing what they love (or not) and that idiot says thats slavery? Probably that asshole doesn't even know what is getting up 6 o'clock in the morning, working hard all day, being pissed all the time and get back to home at 18 o'clock with a minimal budget of 1500€ per month or much less (like 600€/month for e.g. in Portugal) with the hope of getting a promotion...

I think football players must respect their own contracts and today it's shame that most of them don't show any kind of love or respect with the crest that they do to represent.

Anormal richy faggots...

:TU:spot on.

the lack of respect for ManU and fans is astounding.

and to think they won the CL and the League too! instead of praises for being the best in the World their being criticized and now being labeled " Slavery". Hell ! they can`t even make comments now w/o being demonize (red Devils ...go figure)

Italy and Milan legend Gianni Rivera was pissed off with Blatter. He said "Slavery? You mean paradise. These guys are paid so much money that they live in paradise. They sign contracts because you are in agreement and therefore have to respect it. These young players enter the football world with big contracts and think that they can just change it any time."

Completely agree, yet again Sepp has showed us what an idiot he is.

Italy and Milan legend Gianni Rivera was pissed off with Blatter. He said "Slavery? You mean paradise. These guys are paid so much money that they live in paradise. They sign contracts because you are in agreement and therefore have to respect it. These young players enter the football world with big contracts and think that they can just change it any time."

Completely agree, yet again Sepp has showed us what an idiot he is.

And the funny part is... players win millions even if they play sh*t over a season...

For example, a player who had a good performance over a season wants a better wage, but if he doesn't play well over a season he doesn't have courage to talk with the club in spite of drecreasing his own wage.

Nowadays Football is not a event or even a spectacle, it's business and it's being killed by this kind of idiots, mercenaries, capitalists and investidors.

I completely agree that players should not sign long-term contracts if they plan leaving in the near future. Teams don't pay millions for players for them to just up and leave whenever they like.

what Ronaldo earns in 2 weeks the prime minister gets in 12 months!!

if that's slavery i don't know what category most of us in

I can't beliebe they're allowing the poaching of Ronaldo to go on like this. If it was the other way around and an English club was trying sign someone from one of blatters favourite clubs he'd step in and punish them right away.

That fucker should quit as the head and let someone else take over

great article by Brian Reade in yesterday's Mirror:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/columnists/reade/

"Amnesty International claims there are more slaves in the world today then at any time in history.

About 27million of them. Locked up in shocking conditions, working every waking hour, paid nothing, abused, controlled by violence and killed for the slightest rebellion.

Prior to Wednesday, the world had avoided classifying slaves as men earning £120,000 a week, owning a fleet of Bentleys and mansions, who are indulged like Roman emperors for spending a couple of hours a day kicking a ball around.

Until that landmark anti-slavery speech from Sepp Blatter. Or Kunta Kinte as he must now be known.

The modern footballer is a slave, says Blatter. The man is right, says Ronaldo.

And football becomes an even more ridiculous parody of the pursuit professionalised to give the British working class man some entertainment after clocking-off on a Saturday lunch-time.

I've pointed out so many times how Blatter is an utter buffoon that I almost begrudge him my contempt. But not quite. How offensive to descendants of slaves is his analogy?

Why did the FIFA boss argue the complete opposite in February when a court ruled in the Andy Webster case that a player could leave his club after serving a certain amount of his contract? How can a man trying to bring in legislation banning big clubs from playing foreigners argue that a Portuguese player should move to Spain?

Why, with Blatter, is a cause only worth fighting when it works against the English?

How many times has this honorary member of Real Madrid taken sides in a dispute against the Bernabeu club run by his close friend Snr Calderon?

If Blatter is seriously arguing footballers should be treated like other employees, let's test the logic.

Put them on probation, whereby if they're not up to scratch, they're sacked after six months.

Give them annual assessments which determine their wages, limited sick pay when they're injured and written warnings when they don't perform, meaning they can be sacked on a whim.

Ban signing-on fees, loyalty payments and agents negotiating with a boss. Give them sub-inflationary pay rises with no bonuses and make them pay for their own chips in the canteen.

But most of all put them on a month's notice, to be served by either party.

Then extend the same conditions to those who pay their wages. The fans. I've just forked out £1,300 for two season tickets.

My club sent me a glossy brochure bearing pictures of the star players, inferring that THEY were what I was getting for my money. But how do I know they'll be there next season if they're allowed to walk out next week? Imagine paying nine months in advance for a film starring Tom Cruise, then hearing he wasn't in it. You'd get your money back.

So let's give season ticket holders the right to serve a month's notice on their club, and on Sky Sports and Setanta, if they're unhappy with performances. If Ronaldo sails his slave ship to Spain, why not allow every fan who bought a replica shirt bearing his name a refund?

Wouldn't happen would it, because the football industry would collapse. The deal with fans is that you lay down your cash up-front with no rights or get-out clause.

That's why the only football people in chains are the millions of fans who keep the Ronaldos and Blatters living in obscene luxury in a world detached from reality. We are slaves bound by birthright to a club which owns our hearts and minds. We can't walk away and they know it. So they screw us for all they can get.

Remember that before opening your mouth again Mr Kinte. Or can I call you Kunta?"

"the people who really matter, the fans..."
Now you said everything, without the fans there is no point for professional football, in some way we are the reason they do these kinds of stuff but saying it is Slavery now, its just ridiculous.
I saw on TV an interview with Pelé and he said something that now makes perfect sense and adds reason to the question "Why didn't players like Pelé move to other Big clubs like players do nowadays?" well according to him only the club had the called "pass" which allowed them (players) and Only them to move them, now THAT i call slavery, they had NO right to express their opinion, and now Ronaldo and Blatter say that is slavery? Damn they would do what? World War for the Soccer Players right? Ah, give us fans a break.. they get MILLIONS to play a Kids game, the world is mad. Someday they will be buying players for Billions and the world still dieing with lack of food, water and still figuring out a new way to make a car move.

Nope Clockender, he hasnt and i dont expect him to. i think he's realised how thick he sounded and hasnt come out and said anything after that.

I've known Sepp Blatter to say some pretty stupid things over the years, but this slavery comment is without a doubt the most despicable thing he's spewed yet. Has this idiot EVER offered anything of positive significance to our beloved game??

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom