Sensible World Of Soccer (Xbox 360)

Wow, it looks just like Sensi! Soooooo 10 years ago. Am I the only one who doesn't care about this release?

Last edited:
I actually think its a good thing, they have kept it original by the looks of things. Ill look forward to spending time with it :)

Oh dear. It's obviously not struck a chord with anybody working at Gametrailers, seeing as they've listed it as Serious Soccer and write "Run up and down the field in this fun little soccer title coming to the XBLA."

I'm looking forward to it for online play (bearing in mind that's never been in a SWOS game before). But once I've tested that, how long it will last is something else entirely.

I've had SWOS installed on my PC for the last few years, and I swear to you, hand on heart, I get more enjoyment out of it than I do out of the latest installments of PES. But, I still don't play it very often. I've played PES6 three times in three months and I've played SWOS that often as well. Is it worth buying something to play for five minutes once a month? When there's 20-odd games I saw at E3 that I want a hundred times more, that I will be playing 24/7?

JB you raise a very good point there. For me this will also be a game to play every now and then. Ive also got SWOS installed on my PC and due to not being able to configure the emulator very well it runs like shit. So I dont try to play it much...

But your forgeting the price you cant compare buying Sensi on the Arcade to buying Mass Effect for $60.
Buy it at $5 keep it on your hardrive and play it every now and again or lots online it is still worth it at that price.

embrace, dont get me wrong mate, ill get this for 360 when it comes out. it will be one of the best XBox Live games ill ever play!

So looking forward to this, I hope they bring it to the PS3, I may even unpack it then....
I love starting with a really poor side and building up, and meeting top teams in the cup, their players zoom around with great control while your guys jog around trying to get hold of the ball!! I hope they don't screw it up?

I can't wait for all the WTF is this comments from the PS generation kids.

They've started already. I think it was GameTrailers.com where I saw (sometime this morning) 50-odd comments saying "ERRR this looks next-gen, no seriously, is this a joke?"

Those people who post crap like that about SWOS havent lived! they have had the "luxury" of PES and FIFA. Young'uns today huh?

i never played this, but i cant wait. There was a game on commodore 64 called MISL major indoor soccer league, did any of you guys play that, it was awesome..

Never heard of it it was just SWOS and Kick off for me.

Anyone remember Premier league stars 2000 by EA?

Last edited:
Yep, I even posted the music from it in the Trance thread. I really liked that, especially seeing the stadiums before kick-off, and the commentary.

i never played this, but i cant wait. There was a game on commodore 64 called MISL major indoor soccer league, did any of you guys play that, it was awesome..

I remember that - didnt it come on the ill-fated C64 cartridge? I had that, along with "SCI: Special Criminal Investigation" (ChaseHQ 2).

i have a funny feeling it might have been called 'microprose soccer' over here...

edit: although, having just seen the post above, it seems i'm wrong.

i just googled it, and it looks more like the famous 'match day' than anything. you can check out some screens here: http://www.lemon64.com/index.php?mainurl=http://www.lemon64.com/reviews/view.php?id=378

er, not too sure about the whole 'offense, defense, penalty' thing tho - LOL! and what's that i see? 1st quarter!?!?!?

yanks! always good for a laugh!

Last edited:
:lol: They're still ahead of Konami. It may have took them ten years to do that but it's taking Konami over ten years to include a decent career mode and more than the Premiership from each country (which is disgusting when every other football game released within the last 12 months, bar FIFA 07 and UEFA CL [which has been rectified for FIFA 08], has had AT LEAST three other leagues).

After reading that PES2008 is going to be faster, I might have to pin a lot of hope on this. At least there'll be no fucking cheating!!!

:lol: They're still ahead of Konami. It may have took them ten years to do that but it's taking Konami over ten years to include a decent career mode and more than the Premiership from each country (which is disgusting when every other football game released within the last 12 months, bar FIFA 07 and UEFA CL [which has been rectified for FIFA 08], has had AT LEAST three other leagues).

After reading that PES2008 is going to be faster, I might have to pin a lot of hope on this. At least there'll be no fucking cheating!!!

:applause:

:applause:

SWOS Rules!
i had that on my school bag many moons ago!

Back
Top Bottom