Second Divisions around Europe 05/06

PLF said:
Hahahah.. your name is Moharram ? So are you Turkish guy Enerstito leaving in Germany like many others?

yes, my name is muharrem (turkish version)

i was born in that special month :)

opm, misimovic is doing great this season.he is improving.

lets see how he will do in bundesliga.

Yeah I'm eager to see how he does in Bundesliga as well and how much impact he makes.

p.s. We're going off-topic now but I'm guessing from your name and the statement "that special month", you're religious. ;)

haha, in fact i have nothing to do with religion. :mrgreen:

well, my parents gave me the name, so i have to live with that ;)

I see, I like many Persians am not religious either at all. So don't pray or fast or any of that stuff but of course do believe in god ;)

aachen should be through 99,9% now.

1 Alem. Aachen 29 56:29 27 61
2 VfL Bochum 29 49:21 28 59
3 Energie Cottbus 28 42:29 13 47
4 Karlsruher SC 28 40:34 6 46

Sheffield United beat Cardiff 1-0 and only need 1 more point to return to the Premiership after a gap of 12 years. They could get promoted this weekend if Watford and Leeds both fail to win their games against Wolves and Reading respectively.

I've been wanting Sheffield Utd in Prem for a few years now similar to "Aachen". Looks like finally next year we'll get both them and Reading at least :)

Its looking increasingly likely, Watford just drew 1-1 at Wolves so they've been consigned to the playoffs, so only Leeds can now stop them.

Leeds got held 1-1 at home to Reading so Sheffield United return to the Prem.

Aachen got promoted after Freiburg drew and Greuther Fürth lost. Bochum only need a point in the game at Aachen tomorrow to follow them to the Bundesliga.

Very happy to see Alemania Aachen next season finally! Been waiting for this and Sheffield Utd thing to happen for a while! ;)

Bochum beat Aachen 2-0 so they're back in the Bundesliga after going down last season. :)

Good. Bochum have enough fan support to be a Bundesliga side and not 2nd division although that doesn't really mean anything or prove anything.

Portuguese Liga de Honra (31st Week - 16/04/2006)

1. Beira-Mar 62
2. Aves 57
----------------
3. Leixões 55
4. Gondomar 50
5. Olhanense 48
6. Stª Clara 47
7. Chaves 46
8. Varzim 46

Doping said:
7. Chaves 46
Do they wear Burberry hats and tuck trackies into their socks? :lol:

Anyway the playoff places to decide who will be promoted to the Premiership have all been decided.

1. Reading 99 (P)
2. Sheffield United 85 (P)
----------------------------
3. Watford 77
4. Preston North End 76
5. Leeds United 74
6. Crystal Palace 72

At the end of the season, 3rd plays 6th, 4th plays 5th over two legs, winners meet in the final to decide who goes up.

Looks like Recreativo could be back in La Liga then next season.

As far as Ligue 1 goes, I'd like to finally see Lorient in there if they make it and wouldn't mind having "Caen" back either! Sedan last I heard was coming up though and topping the table, I don't know what's happening now but I wouldn't them either. Last time I remember them in Ligue 1 (few years back) I believe they had players like M'bami, Henri Camara, Salif Diao just to name few.

Caen despite going down last year though entertained a lot of people with some good attractive football at times in matches such as 3-2 classic win over OM for example and I also "heard / not sure" out of Ligue 2 teams, they have one of the biggest fan support so them back in Ligue 1 would be a good thing. Tell ya what though I don't want Bastia back in! Save the Corsican derbies for Ligue 2 next year :)

Ligue 2 (after 34 games)

1. Valenciennes 65
2. Sedan 64
3. Lorient 61
-------------------
4. Caen 57
5. Bastia 56
6. Dijon 53

French Ligue 2

Valenciennes is in Ligue 1 after beating Sedan 0-3.
From National to Ligue 1 in 2 years :applause:.

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey! :D

Great stuff guys I'm very much looking forwrad to seeing "Valenciennes" in Ligue 1 next year because of all the teams mentioned here, that is one team as of 'right now' I know nothing about! Not even what colour kits they wear and stadium size and basic info like that or any players of! :shock:

Thanks for news Easyx3 and Tuta

Also mighty happy to see a team in "Orange" again in Ligue 1 (Lorient used to wear orange I belive, I hope it's still same) but sad to see it'll be Sedan instead of Caen! :/

But whatever Sedan reached the cup finals last year if you remember against Auxerre and have done well again this season in Ligue 2 so they deserve it.

Beira-Mar 68
Aves 63
---------------
Leixões 59
Varzim 52
Gondomar 51
Olhanense 51
Stª Clara 50
Chaves 49

Beira-Mar and Aves are up, Liga BetAndWin.com next season :)

Sucks that they're both north teams but oh well :/ Out of all those only 2 aren't from the north anyway...

Last edited:
Germany:

relegated:

16. 1.FC Kaiserslautern
17. 1.FC Köln
18. MSV Duisburg

promoted:

Aachen
Bochum
tomorrow the third will be decided between:
Cottbus, Fürth, Freiburg, Karlsruhe

PLF said:
lol that's a lot of respect you're givinb 'em OPM :D

they're saying about themselves the only chance to get up in first league was fighting and fouling, they really have not the slightest creative moment in their style of play. and you can't stay up in the bundesliga with that kind of football. ;) + they have no money at all so no playmaker or creative guy for them for next season.:)

but than again there were surprises all over the years, who knows.

Back
Top Bottom