Seabass "no Next Gen Exclusivity"

Basically the PES 6 and Fifa exclusive 360 thing just means they're only avail on the 360 and not the PS3 until a certain point. so technically they're exclusive to the 360 for a certain time - like MGS4 on the PS3 or GTA on PS2.

They're still making the games for the other systems - for when that time limit runs out.

Why are so many people struggling to understand that?

Re: Konami Japanese message about PES6

I think MS are wankers for saying 12months when it wasnt.

btw this Wii controller looks sweet!

zapperntillwii_45616.jpg

I knew I was right, I went to Gamespot forums and a bunch of other places saying that there was no 12 months exclusivity deal and almost no one believed me.
Here's what the official press release said:
LEIPZIG, Germany — Aug. 23, 2006 — Once again proving that its game platforms offer more ways for gamers to have fun, Microsoft Corp. today announced great new games and accessories for Xbox 360™ and Windows® gamers. Delivering on the worldwide demand for Xbox 360, Xbox Live® and Games for Windows, Microsoft revealed key additions to its Windows Vista™ showcase library and Xbox 360 titles today at the 2007 Games Convention in Leipzig. In addition to announcing new European-centric board games for the hugely successful Xbox Live Arcade on Xbox Live, the premier online gaming service, Microsoft announced that the next generation of soccer will be available exclusively on the Xbox 360 console this year. With “FIFA 07” from Electronic Arts Inc. (EA) and “Pro Evolution Soccer 6” from Konami Digital Entertainment Inc., Xbox 360 will be the only place where gamers can enjoy next generation soccer this year.
http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/press/2006/aug06/08-23UmbrellaLeipzigPR.mspx

Microsoft tried the same trick on their E3 Press Conference when they said that GTA4 would be a Xbox 360 exclusive and just like this time it was a lie.

Last edited:
Dirty tricks by MS as usual, but i think seabass has ripped them off cuz he wasn't going to make a PES title for ps3/wii this year anyway

Basically I still don't think a PES will appear on the PS3 until this time next year anyway. Look at these comments from Konami.

Konami said:
“We’re very pleased to be bringing the next-generation edition of Pro Evolution Soccer 6 exclusively to Xbox 360 until late summer 2007. The power of Xbox 360 takes our critically-acclaimed franchise to new heights of realism, playability, and fun. We know true football fans will enjoy the new experiences that Pro Evolution Soccer 6 on Xbox 360 will offer.”

Hans-Joachim Amann, Head of European Product Management at Konami Digital Entertainment GmbH
http://www.nlgaming.com/nl/asp/id_8559/nl/newsDisp.htm

It seems as if Seabass got it in the ear from Sony. And while no agreement has been signed the fact that MS knew no PS3 version will be out until next installment they seized the opportunity to grab some headlines. They never claimed to have signed any deals on the game only that it would be a next gen exclusive for 12 months as it seems it is.

As for those slating MS over GT4, they never lied , the press came out with all the exclusive talk. MS said it would be the first time the game would be available on an XBOX system at the games launch. Download E3 for yourselves. The only exclusive they mentioned was exclusive downloadable content for the 360 version.

Last edited:
This is all conjecture. I am not sure exactly what the exclusive deal entails or if there even is one. It seems like we won't see the game before the years end on PS3, that is all we can say for certain really.

I have heard on CVG's website that a PS3 version is in the works, a comment coming directly from Seabass apparently. Which games this will be I cannot be sure. I think the first truly next gen version will not appear until 2007.

The 360 version seems like a minor update and I am sure there is a lot more to come.

It still looks great though!

What pasrt of the words do people not understand?

THIS year isn't 12 months... its until December 31st

-

And the GTA 'exclusive' wasn't a lie as such - they announced GTA4 was coming to the 360 under a exclusive contract. Which means the GTA on the 360 is the only play (exclusive) you can play that version. And then they have the exclusive downloadable content as well.

It's not a lie - just a play on the wording. Like how every UK newspaper is the number 1 paper. It might not be the best selling but as long as Joe Blogs votes the sun the best paper on thier online forums they claim its fact.

well where's the video link?

On your other link

http://1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3153167

it only says ..."exclusive for one year on the next-gen platforms. We said this year. We were agreed that it was this year."

Either way the only place to play PES6 this year is 360

I couldnt give a toss where i play it - as long as they make a good game

i can wait for this game to be released for the xbox360 this will kill fifa 07 ea always fail

Hans-Joachim Amann said:
We're very pleased to be bringing the next-generation edition of Pro Evolution Soccer 6 exclusively to Xbox 360 until late summer 2007. The power of Xbox 360 takes our critically-acclaimed franchise to new heights of realism, playability, and fun. We know true football fans will enjoy the new experiences that Pro Evolution Soccer 6 on Xbox 360 will offer.

Takatsuka is talking about Winning Eleven.

Exclusive or not, there will be no Pro Evolution Soccer 6 on any other next-gen console before "late summer 2007", that's about 12 months from now.

Winning Eleven can be released whenever Konami wish.

Although this quote is from a Konami guy, MicroSoft never claimed to have a 'deal' as far as I can see, just that the Xbox 360 would be the only place to play the next-gen versions of Pro Evolution Soccer 6 and FIFA Football 2007 exclusively for about 12 months.

I just think everyone is getting confused. :) If anyone has lied it is Konami, they seem to be disagreeing with themselves.

I for one will trust the Head of European Product Management when it comes to Pro Evolution Soccer 6, the european version of the game.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom