Scotland - Italy

lo zio

International
24 October 2005
Palermo
just wanted to wish u good luck for tonite match :)
it will be a very important match for both teams, and i hate that one of those teams won't go to euro 2008 :(

i watched several scotland matches in the last year and loved the passion and the determination your team showed on the pitch :)

Scotland was really unlucky as this was a hell of a group (with france, italy and ukraine) but still u guys played some awesome matches and sure u really deserve a spot in euro 2008.

of course tonight i will hope for an italian victory (or a draw), but if this wouldn't happen, then hats off to the scots! :applause:

i'm sure the atmosphere will be awesome at hampden park and the scotland fans will show us italians what a great show u can see when u mix passion AND fair play.

good luck guys ;)

p.s. i opened this thread coz i noticed there's a big scottish community in this forum, and it might be nice to have a thread for our "after match-talking"....... hoping there will be something interesting to talk about, of course :mrgreen:

Very nice gesture lo zio...
I will support the Scots tonight...i'm a big fan of Italian football, but i also tend to like the underdogs and in this case like lo zio wrote: the Scots really deserve to qualify for the Euro Tournament.

Last edited:
The Scots do deserve to qualify - it will be hilarious if the French don't.

an euro tournament without france would be a disaster imo. the tournament itself would loose much of its appeal.
france are one of the greatest national teams in europe (maybe the greatest) and usually plays some fucking great football (maybe the best football, talking about national teams).
despite the big rivalry with italy, i wouldn't be happy at all if france wouldn't make it....

but honestly i can't see it happening. looking at the group standings at the moment, france is the team with the highest chances to go through the group stage. they're leading the group at the moment and they clearely deserve to be first in group b. :)

france, italy and scotland... all of them would really deserve to reach euro 2008..... too bad one of them will miss it :(

according to the last news, italy should play with a 4-3-3 line up

-----------------buffon

panucci - barzagli - cannavaro - zambrotta

gattuso---------pirlo-----ambrosini

di natale----------------camoranesi
----------------toni
:)

Gerd said:
I will support the Scots tonight...i'm a big fan of Otalian football, but i also tend to like the underdogs

i perfectly understand u, Gerd. and i have to admit that, if i wasn't italian, i would support scotland too tonite :mrgreen:

Last edited:
IMHO this is a crazy group: Italy and France are the two strongest teams in Europe the last 10 years...Holland, Portugal and Germany are strong too, but France and Italy are in a league of their own...

Scotland were lucky to be level, a perfecly good goal chopped off and an offside goal given. Though with 5-10 minutes to go they could have nicked something. Why did McFadden not cross when he had a shot there were 3 men in waiting.

Shame, referee was absolutely terrible, seemed like either he was Italian or bunged (and this is Italy we're talking about). He was blowing the whistle for fuck all and then an Italian guy totally FLATTENS the Scottish guy, charges into him and knocks him flying... Nothing given. And unfortunately every time an Italian team is in a match refereed by a tosser like that one in the near future, eyebrows are always going to be raised...

But in the first half Scotland were just hoofing the ball up the pitch when they got it, and Scotland's goal was just a goalmouth scramble (the first guy who had the chance should have buried it and he hit it straight at the keeper, my mouth was wide open in disbelief). The better team won.

So that's the second-to-last British team out, just four more days until the last one follows them and we can finally boot McClaren out...

Last edited:
Scotland had to beat Georgia away and for the media just to right that game off before it even happened and concentrate on the italian game is a joke. Ukraine beating France at home is an easy result for them.

But the way we lost the draw is just heart breaking the freekick was a joke but unlike the Idiot english fan (vanzandt) when russia beat them its about 90 mins and mcfadden could have put us 2-1 up.

Last edited:
remember that italy has to play with Faroe Islands, and i'm pretty sure they win this one.. so the draw would have been enough for them. Scotland have played all matches

Well absolutely shocking decision for the second italian goal, but then they had one ruled out incorerctl plus the scottish equaliser was offisde too. So all around piss poor refereeing, but I wouldn't say biased either way.

Great try by the Scots, played italy off the pitch in the second half. If McFadden had sorted his feet out, wouldn't have been a problem!

The Scotland team have embodied so much that England lack. The passion and organisation have been great and I feel really sorry for the Scottish lads....Scotland deserve to be at the EUROs. Not saying that Italy or France don't because they do, just a shame the group was so bleedin tough.

Not just passion but intelligence like none of us blame the ref for losing the game.
And we don't want a manager of a team to take over if we had qualified that finished below us just to follow hype.

Not just passion but intelligence like none of us blame the ref for losing the game.
And we don't want a manager of a team to take over if we had qualified that finished below us just to follow hype.

I came to the thread to offer sincere genuine commiserations to all the Scottish lads for what I saw as bad luck at the end of a great campaign- nowt else.

You use this to tee off on me and flame me for the second consecutive post.

You clearly have an agenda, bile and hatred that has nothing to do with anything I have done.

I’m not interested in talking to you given your behavior so please avoid me if you can and I will do the same for you.

The Scotland team have embodied so much that England lack. The passion and organisation have been great and I feel really sorry for the Scottish lads....Scotland deserve to be at the EUROs. Not saying that Italy or France don't because they do, just a shame the group was so bleedin tough.

Quoted in complete agreement. Hard luck Scotland, but it does give great hope for building for WC2010....

FORZA ITALIA!!!! Great game, that game felt like it was just 20 minutes. I want to seriously give credit to Barzagli, I personally though his game was great. He was always covering Zambrotta's, imo mediocre game. Luca Toni's first half performance was great, and Gattuso was a trooper. Injured about 3 or 4 times but continued.

Scotland's goal was offside and our goal wasnt. I'm 100% sure. But credits to Scotland for putting in so much passion. Barry Ferguson and that young player were everywhere today. I really wish Scotland go through instead of Domenech.... Scotland deserved to go through, but its performances against Georgia that counted and I think that would be looked upon.

Anyway back to Italy, ..... WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO... in times of need we performed. Pirlo's performance was just sensational.. the way he holds the ball and crosses it.

Some pictures:

05AP.JPG

08AN.JPG

01AF.JPG

24AP.JPG

19AF.JPG

11AF.JPG

09AF.JPG

wtf when was this??
15AF.JPG

Unlucky lads, Was gutted for yas today, You's gave it all and deserved to go through IMO, Once again you's get an awfull Referee and lines-man again, Just gutted for ya's, but ye's went down fighting and full of Pride as only the scots know how to do.... :(

Unlucky Lads From a Ireland Fan.

I thought it was very harsh, but to be fair, Chiellini did touch the ball before falling... and there was contact. They just showed a good angle for it on MOTD. But still, very harsh decision. But it cancels out our totally ONSIDE goal and their OFFSIDE goal.

unbelievable, really unbelievable.
i came here this morning to check out this thread and see if somebody started the post-match conversation, and what do i find????

28 post, almost an entire page of posts.... and nobody talking about football (... except milanista)...

isn't this the football section? so where's the football talking?
22 guys played a football game yesterday, but u guys don't seem really interested in it.

the only thing that capture your interest, is commenting the referee performance, remarking how he helped out italy (actually that's an understatement as jack bauer's comment was much more harsh, shortsighted and disgusting)....

by the way..... remarking how the ref helped out italy????? are u serious?? i mean did i watch a different game? coz in the game i watched the ref deprived italy of an onside goal and gifted scotland of an offside goal (as Cloud pointed out).......
and u guys blame the ref for a reversed foul????? that's just unbelievable.

i wonder what would have u written if the situation would have been reversed......
what if scotland would have been deprived of a valid goal and italy would have been gifted of an unvalid goal???
i guess all the "jack bauers" in this forum would have unleashed their prejudices and their shit on italy.....(as if it was normal to expect cheats from the italians....... your words, jack!)
this is so sad.

read again your post jack bauer, and think again about what u wrote.... if there's somebody who should feel ashamed, that one is u.

it would have been nice to talk about the match, as it was pretty interesting. there would be so many interesting things to talk about, from macleish's line up to the italian 3 men midfield..... there would be many individual performances to talk about, from mccullough to barzagli, from brown to pirlo........we could talk about the new (great) italian formation and how scotland tried (with no success) to force italy to play a "scottish style football".... we could talk about the personality and the coolness italy showed yesterday (yesterday for the first time since the wc victory, i saw some world champions football)... or we could talk about the great heart and determination Scotland showed (they were honestly outplayed for 75 mins, but as soon as italy did lower their guard, they still found the stamina, the will, the strenght to produce some football, creating 3 terrific scoring chances in less than 10 minutes... wich was more than what they achieved in the previous 75 minutes)....
we could talk about the crowd, wich was AWESOME as usual.... afterall this is Scotland fans we're talking about (but this not an insult as jack bauer's statement... this is a sincere compliment to the great fans of a great country :applause:)....

but u guys don't seem to be really interested in football talking, so i rather leave u to your racists comments.

have a nice conversation.

Back
Top Bottom