Saints Rows (Xbox 360)

Bought it this morning, I'll admit; there's not enough good games out for the 360. I can't get over the graphics, I mean for God's sake, the eyebrows and beards look like they've been printed on a dot-matrix printer and Pritt-sticked on!! And the framerate is absolutely abysmal!! The argument for the 360 being just as good as the PS3 is pretty much pissed on with this game (don't go calling me a fanboy either, I've praised the 360 to high heaven since it was launched, especially Table Tennis and Burnout Revenge).

Gameplay-wise it's not too bad. Still a bit too heavy on the "fucking nigga hoes" stuff - I don't quite remember it being this bad in GTA, but maybe I'm suffering from memory loss. I only played San Andreas for a week before I got totally bored of it, so really it could have included a lot of OTT stuff that I missed.

Haven't tried the online mode - I said in off-topic that all the games I play online now I get totally killed at, on Battlefield 2 it's literally less than ten seconds before I'm dead and on Burnout they're doing super-boosts and little nudges that somehow count as crashing me all the time, so I'm not even going to bother until I've played it for a bit longer.

There's a few "cute" little touches - the reactions of the people and the cars are a LOT smarter, and I love that today, the guy smashed this woman's head against the steering wheel, making a honk, before throwing her out of the car - that was hilarious (it's a lot funnier when it happens to you, trust me). I can't quite get over the level of stuff they've just ripped out of GTA though - I mean, Klassic FM? It's the same name bar one bloody letter!! The "comedy scripts" for the radio stations are dreadful, and it's got such shoddy programming in a few places; not least with the God-awful framerate, but there was a mission I was due to start by pressing Y but I didn't press it, I looked around the house first - nobody there. So then I pressed Y and they magically dropped from the sky and into their positions.

Fun, but there's a lot that they could work on. I think there's a lot of places where they couldn't be arsed doing a proper job and so they've just placed a black-guy there to say "mother-fucking niggaz gonna pay for this shit, and their shit-ass hoes, let's get some drugs".

Last edited:
I don't know if you have the same problem, but in French forum alot are unhappy because the game on the demo have a good 16:9 and nice antialiasing and in the full "commercial" version have a strange 16:9 and alot of aliasing. (on a classic TV)

yeah having a 360 you NEED a HDTV widesreen tv becuase all the developers just work always in this setting(for the game to be played on in it's highest form)

I went out and bought one 1 month after having a 360 csn't go back now suggest many to do the same

BumperMan said:
yeah having a 360 you NEED a HDTV widesreen tv becuase all the developers just work always in this setting(for the game to be played on in it's highest form)

I went out and bought one 1 month after having a 360 csn't go back now suggest many to do the same
The problem it's on the demo is perfect not on the full version !!

does the GPS navigation spoil it as you can't get lost etc? thing i liked about GTA was the joy of learning the quickest routes, memorising the roads!

kobashi said:
does the GPS navigation spoil it as you can't get lost etc? thing i liked about GTA was the joy of learning the quickest routes, memorising the roads!
I also don't like the way that all the enemies appear on the GPS, so you know where everybody's going to come from (even when you're inside a building - you can see where they're all hiding). If you know where they hide, why bother to program them to hide?

I say all this and I'm actually having a bit of fun with it now. Just a shame that everything has it's faults.

I'mhaving so many problems with this game online cant join without freezing started co-op of my own and it froze again. It's so fucking annoying, anyone else having problems?

ThomasGOAL said:
I don't know if you have the same problem, but in French forum alot are unhappy because the game on the demo have a good 16:9 and nice antialiasing and in the full "commercial" version have a strange 16:9 and alot of aliasing. (on a classic TV)

That's exactly right and that's why I'm returning this game on Monday.
Absolute next gen RIP OFF

A patch will be released on XBL shortly to fix the Widescreen bug. Its been acknowledged by them.

"This is a known issue and will be patched via xbox live. You do not
need to be an xbox live paying member to receive patches via live."

Got it and not too bad at all, playing it in HD. Just dont like the framerate they havent sorted that out like I Hoped they might do.

DJ

Milanista said:
A patch will be released on XBL shortly to fix the Widescreen bug. Its been acknowledged by them.

If that's the case I take back what I wrote. Anyway, I just see this game as a time killer until PES or FIFA07 come out.

Same goes for me, and its a good alternative until GTA IV comes out :)

DJ

I love the single player.

The online is too simplistic, limnited and shallow. I'm enjoying it now but I don't see this mode lasting for more than 2 weeks...

It's no Socom or Ghost Recon..

Hi there my gamertag : Utako
i hope we'll meet on the xboxlive to play together in mutliplayer mode !
(Add me in your friends)

Edit :

GOOD NEWS

Improvements to the way the game handles packet loss and bandwidth management between players. This will address the issues commonly cited as “lag”, and general synchronization problems between the players’ clients (vehicles/players warping around, etc).
The system for rating a player’s quality-of-service has been improved, and made less conservative. This means you’ll see many more matches with 10-12 player limits.
Changes to Matchmaking phase, to get players in the game faster

And that's only online! Various unmentioned offline fixes will be handled as well.

---> http://developer.saintsrow.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4375

Last edited by a moderator:
I was having so many probs with this game yesterday and this morning i nearly binned it, tried again this afternoon and everything is fine. I just hope i dont get the same shit with dead rising on Friday. I am enjoying this though not tried online yet i'll wait till after the patch.

Back
Top Bottom