Saints Rows (Xbox 360)

This must be one of the best demos I've ever played,and the longest !!!

Shizzle my nizzle.
Can't wait for the full game,I always wanted to be the kingpin.

Review of the demo, Ok 1st the bad points 1 the aiming system for the shooting is slightly off and also the collision detection at times appears to be iffy (you hit someone with a baseball bat and you somehow seem to miss when they are stood right in front of you! and they belt you back!) and number 2 there is a slightly iffy frame rate whilst driving in areas with multiple Buildings/Cars. Also 3 some real nice next gen effects on the Cars, Buildings and Asphalt Textures but the Characters look current gen and a half. Other than that I think the game is a fantastic GTA Alternative until GTA IV and I think this game will do very well for this next year and a bit and will be one ill be looking to add to my collection in September Along with Dead Rising.

Demo gets 9/10

DJ

I think its a very good game for sure, if they can somehow iron out those bugs I think it will be fab! They also need to include as many Side Missions and additional things as they can. It is a shame there appears to be no Motorbikes or Aeroplanes etc.... that would have been good.. also Speed boats :) but other than that and the issues I mentioned before I think it will be a hit. I will add it to my collection for sure.

DJ

Well i think Saints Row could be a GTA beater

even if it aint we have 2 awesome games to play

Aiming system in my use has been very accurate if you want to shoot headshots you can in pretty good rate beats GTA autoaim 10-0 nothing wrong with that. Theres something with the baseball bat detection i notised too. but hitting with pistol, shotgun/AK47 the detection is better. Theres so much nice little things in the game like how cops get behind cop car doors and shoot there. Cant wait to see roadblocks, helicopters, SWAT, as notoriety rises in full game.

Only had a quick go on the demo, but nearly wet myself when I had to go and get ho's for a pimp. I wasnt expecting an awful lot from this game to be honest, but it's certainly got me thinking about buying the full game.

Its worth a purchase I think. Especially until October next year when GTA IV comes out.

DJ

Played it on HD and I think it looks good with the exception of the characters who look a bit current gen and a half.

DJ

I think the graphics are decent, especially for a game of this type, with so much going on at one time.

Obviously it isn't going to look like Fight Night or Table Tennis, those games tend to have only 2 fully detailed characters on screen at once.

Compared to similar games of the last gen it looks a lot better.

1080 is ok on my Plasma except when you get fast movement which tends to blur horribly I think its because its Interlaced mode not progressive.

DJ

im sure none of the 360 games are actually native 1080, im sure the best setting for all games is 720 and 1080 is all upscaled from it

I had a feeling that was the case as well when I played Moto GP at 1080 and it didnt seem to look as crisp.

DJ

matherto said:
this game looks terrible, no better than a PS2 game, and a poor PS2 game at that

Funny how you're the first person to make a bad comment, and evidently the only who hasn't played it.

Have you guys seen this screenshot yet? I think its hilarious!

dressadrink.jpg

lol, Game releases August 28th or 29th. Can't wait to get the game. I love robbing the places, if you havent tried get a gun go to like the gun shop face your gun towards the shop keeper, till it says "You've started a hold up" sometimes it wont work you just gotta aim somewhere else then try it again. Then some other text comes up. Then he starts walking to the safe near the backdoor with all the money.

T'is worth a buy IMO.

Does anyone know if it'll have more editing options in the full version, because in the demo, character creation sucks? Anyway it's not reason enough to spoil the game, i think it's gonna be pretty good as long as you have a good variation of missions and it doesn't get too repetitive.

Back
Top Bottom