Sacking Fergie?!

I bet thats will happen to Mourinho. He will lose the Champions league and they will sack him. Typical cheap teams with darn money.

Milanista said:
Ever since Del Bosque left, which was a HUGE mistake, theyve had like 7 managers. He won the Champs League twice, la liga twice, yet they thought winning the league and not the CL one season wasnt enough so sacked him.

LOL that is exactly what happened and now they are paying the price. Its funny how United and Real are both second in their league 11 points behind top spot and both knocked out of CL. Both are in decline and barcelona and chelsea are now top teams it seams.

Alucard said:
Milanista said:
Ever since Del Bosque left, which was a HUGE mistake, theyve had like 7 managers. He won the Champs League twice, la liga twice, yet they thought winning the league and not the CL one season wasnt enough so sacked him.

LOL that is exactly what happened and now they are paying the price. Its funny how United and Real are both second in their league 11 points behind top spot and both knocked out of CL. Both are in decline and barcelona and chelsea are now top teams it seams.
But United's form has clearly been the better of the two.Murinho got very lucky Chelsea beat Barcelona last week but thats football for you.Fergie is a great manager and probably one of the best there have ever been but his luck just seems to have run out(look at what happened last year against Porto).United will win the Premiership next season althought that would just be considered "normal" for United fans.

this is just getting silly McTagert will never be sacked as he has made man Utd what they are today,(thats coming from a city fan) he is with out a doubt in my book the best british manager there has been but there are far more mangers that have one more honours in different leagues now that is a true great manager! and how you can compare him to Mourinho is beyond belief! Hes been a manger for what 3 years! and fergie for......? plus i didnt see fergie winning the european cup in his 2nd season! really no disrespect vxnova but Los Angeles is hardly manchester!

Your point about WBA and Kenyon is silly Hutch. I could argue with you with a point that is equally silly, would Ferguson have had as much "success" with WBA??? No!!!
You are forgetting one thing: Man Utd already was one of th biggest clubs in the world. And it didn't matter if they were succesfull or not. They were a great club because of their mythical-emotional past (i thought i already explained that in one of my earlier posts).
Ferguson can't win the CL every year...that's true...but how many times did he won it for Man Utd??? Once (and as much as i was happy then - it was the final between my favourite team (Utd) and the team i love to hate - they were lucky to win it because Bayern were the better team, lets be honest with ourselves shall we). With a litle bit of exaggeration one could say that this one time was a fluke...Apart from this win, how many CL-finals did the great Man Utd played??? None....
So i will repeat it, considering that Man Utd are the richest club in the world and considering that the CL advantages the rich clubs (the way television money is divided): Man Utd are massive underachievers in Europe. Whether you like it or not Hutch. Just face the facts.

hutch said:
. Just look at the team we won the league with in '92, astronomical amounts of money weren't spent on it. .

As you so kindly point out yourself, the league-winning team in '92 was impresssive due to the money invested in the team. NOT due to Ferguson's fabulous coaching.

jamie_mack said:
this is just getting silly McTagert will never be sacked as he has made man Utd what they are today,(thats coming from a city fan) he is with out a doubt in my book the best british manager there has been but there are far more mangers that have one more honours in different leagues now that is a true great manager! and how you can compare him to Mourinho is beyond belief! Hes been a manger for what 3 years! and fergie for......? plus i didnt see fergie winning the european cup in his 2nd season! really no disrespect vxnova but Los Angeles is hardly manchester!
There are many football managers who have won the CL more than one time but how many of them have been managers for an English team? I dont think its Fergies fault if Man Utd cant win the CL more than once but I think its the fact that English teams have struggled when it comes to European competitions.As i said in an earlier post Murinho was very lucky to beat Barcelona but I dont think Chelsea will win the CL.Murinho is a great manager and I give him two thunbs up for winning the CL with Porto but it will probably be his only CL title if he coaches Chelsea for the rest of his career.

Even if I am from a football lacking Los Angeles I dont think it makes my opinion any less sound.

my point is alot of my friends are man utd fans and they dont blame it on luck! and winning the league is not normal for them either! As for mourinho and chelsea with the resourses he has he could go on to dominate th cl never mind win it more than once!

lol, i cant believe anyone seriously thinks its a good idea for him to be sacked.

man utd are clearly rebuilding and its impossible for a team to stay at the top year after year after year withou doing this. man u have been pretty poor the last couple of seasons in europe but look at the likes of milan and juve. They both had a couple of seasons were they struggled and couldnt make an impact due to rebuilding and look at them now !

man u have some brilliant players, they just need to properly replace the likes of scholes, keane and giggs (and schmeichal!). Its a massive ask but if fergie can get the right players in those positions man u will definately be up there again.

imo its a little unfair to criticise him for winning only one european cup when you consider certain things. for a large chunk of his managerial career, english clubs were banned from europe and even when the ban was lifted we were left ligh years behind the rest of europe. it took us a good 5 years to get to grips with european footy again and we wernt really competing properly again untill 98. a large part of making english clubs competitive in europe again has to go down to fergie but you have to consider that since the ban its only really been possible for english clubs to win something during the last 8 years or so. hes also been a little unlucky in the fact that during this 8 year window he was up againt a ridicolously good real madrid team (3 cl titles in 5 years, zidane figo near enuff at their peak) while man utd were probably at their peak.

faiers said:
lol, i cant believe anyone seriously thinks its a good idea for him to be sacked.

man utd are clearly rebuilding and its impossible for a team to stay at the top year after year after year withou doing this. man u have been pretty poor the last couple of seasons in europe but look at the likes of milan and juve. They both had a couple of seasons were they struggled and couldnt make an impact due to rebuilding and look at them now !

man u have some brilliant players, they just need to properly replace the likes of scholes, keane and giggs (and schmeichal!). Its a massive ask but if fergie can get the right players in those positions man u will definately be up there again.

imo its a little unfair to criticise him for winning only one european cup when you consider certain things. for a large chunk of his managerial career, english clubs were banned from europe and even when the ban was lifted we were left ligh years behind the rest of europe. it took us a good 5 years to get to grips with european footy again and we wernt really competing properly again untill 98. a large part of making english clubs competitive in europe again has to go down to fergie but you have to consider that since the ban its only really been possible for english clubs to win something during the last 8 years or so. hes also been a little unlucky in the fact that during this 8 year window he was up againt a ridicolously good real madrid team (3 cl titles in 5 years, zidane figo near enuff at their peak) while man utd were probably at their peak.
Thats true how the English teams are not as good as the rest of Europe because of the ban in 1985.Before that I think they won 7 european cups in 9 years or something like that.The english teams in my opinion still have some catching up to do and Man Utd have been the only team to win a European cup since then because of Fergie.Go here for more info on the ban of english teams from europe in 1985 http://soccernet.espn.go.com/headlinenews?id=327997&cc=5901

Last edited by a moderator:
All this talk about Peter (lifelong red) Kenyon making us great is absolute bollocks. Kenyon joined united from kit makers Umbro in 1997, five years after our first premiership title. So that's 3 FA cups 1 League cup, 1 European Cup Winners cup, 4 Premiership titles with two Doubles thrown in for good measure that Sir Alex had to win on his own without any help from lifelong red Peter.he took over as CEO in august 2000 after our historic treble. Fergie is a legend.

Ferguson is extremely lucky, IMO, because despite his achievements and his reputation, if any other top European manager failed to win a trophy for 2 seasons they would almost certainly be out (and no, the FA Cup doesn't count). He talks about staying on to build a new team, so evidently he's in it for the long haul, but what recent evidence is there to suggest that's a good thing? I just don't Man Utd have the balls to sack him, really.

foxrocks said:
Ferguson is extremely lucky, IMO, because despite his achievements and his reputation, if any other top European manager failed to win a trophy for 2 seasons they would almost certainly be out (and no, the FA Cup doesn't count).
I dont see why the FA cup doesnt count? It isnt very easy to win, just ask Chelsea, and it is the oldest knockout competition in the world.Fergueson will stay with Man Utd as long as his health permits.He loves what he does and is damn good at it.

vxnova said:
I dont see why the FA cup doesnt count? It isnt very easy to win, just ask Chelsea, and it is the oldest knockout competition in the world.Fergueson will stay with Man Utd as long as his health permits.He loves what he does and is damn good at it.

So you'd say that for a club the size of Manchester United, winning the FA Cup and nothing else constitutes a good season?

Look at Newcastle, they consider themselves a huge club, they havent won anything for 50 years or so . . . .

I just think we need a better assistant manager. Carlos Quieroz is more of a coach than a manager. Steve Mclaren was a manager and we won the CL when he was with us.

foxrocks said:
So you'd say that for a club the size of Manchester United, winning the FA Cup and nothing else constitutes a good season?
It doesnt mean they had a good season, but it does make the season seem alot more worth it when you have some silverware to show off.Chelsea could not win the FA cup so it obviously isnt a piece of cake to win.Im sure Arsenal would love to win the FA cup to have something to show off.

RuneEdge said:
I just think we need a better assistant manager. Carlos Quieroz is more of a coach than a manager.

Did he not manage real madrid for a season?

smango said:
I agree, sack Ferguson at once.
Who would you replace him with? I cant imagine anyone who can fill those shoes.

vxnova said:
Who would you replace him with? I cant imagine anyone who can fill those shoes.

Martin Oneil!

Every team es been at players want 2 play for him.

I think hes the only guy 2 command respect from the players as they know what he can do.

I have to say that i am really enjoying this thread as a form United fan (and somebody who still like the club a lot). Now people consider winning the FA a considerable achievement, when there was a time (2000???) when Man Utd refused to participate in the FA Cup...Of course this was the year after the treble and at that time it was "merely the FA Cup" (one of the reasons why i quit being a fan). They went for glory and (above all) money in some fake team world cup in Brazil (where they were pathetic and to my own amazement i gloated because of their failure). Granted, Ferguson achieved a lot in England. But for most of the time Utd had only one challenger (Arsenal, once Blackburn and the last years Chelsea and Arsenal). Like i already must have siad a dozen times in this thread: outside England United are underachievers apart from that "fluke" CL victory (fluke: Bayern was the better team in the final).Just face the facts: the richest team in the world merely won the biggest trophy once, that's underachieving.
And then there was this guy who says in this thread that United "are unlucky that Real Madrid were outstanding in Ferguson's period"...what a screamer...as much as i don't like Real Madrid (and boy i really don't like them, i dislike them as much as Bayern) it is a managers duty to attract great players...The fact that world stars like Zidane, Ronaldo, Figo and Carlos Alberto never even considered playing for United is perhaps due to Ferguson...I know that's speculating but fact is that the only world star United had in their squad left the team because of Ferguson...

Last edited:
Stan said:
I have to say that i am really enjoying this thread as a form United fan (and somebody who still like the club a lot). Now people consider winning the FA a considerable achievement, when there was a time (2000???) when Man Utd refused to participate in the FA Cup...Of course this was the year after the treble and at that time it was "merely the FA Cup" (one of the reasons why i quit being a fan). They went for glory and (above all) money in some fake team world cup in Brazil (where they were pathetic and to my own amazement i gloated because of their failure). Granted, Ferguson achieved a lot in England. But for most of the time Utd had only one challenger (Arsenal, once Blackburn and the last years Chelsea and Arsenal). Like i already must have siad a dozen times in this thread: outside England United are underachievers apart from that "fluke" CL victory (fluke: Bayern was the better team in the final).Just face the facts: the richest team in the world merely won the biggest trophy once, that's underachieving.
And then there was this guy who says in this thread that United "are unlucky that Real Madrid were outstanding in Ferguson's period"...what a screamer...as much as i don't like Real Madrid (and boy i really don't like them as much as Bayern) it is a managers duty to attract great players...The fact that world stars like Zidane, Ronaldo, Figo and Carlos Alberto never even considered playing for United is perhaps due to Ferguson...I know that's speculating but fact is that the only world star United had in their squad left the team because of Ferguson...

I consider what you just said a bit cheap coming from former united supporter, i mean what kind of supporter stops supporting their team and then bad mouths them.

I think you should shut up and stop talking rubbish in your life coz you dont know what your talking about. You said you stopped supporting them coz they went for glory...haha wont are United meant to go for, are they meant to just remain content and not bother progress or try out new things.

Yes the world club cup was a mistake, but look we are still playing in the fa cup competition, it was just 1 season not for good. Man your the one who is pathetic.

Oh yeah if Fergie was ever to leave, i think david moyes could do the job very well, remember i said that.

"...I know that's speculating but fact is that the only world star United had in their squad left the team because of Ferguson..."

Becks? better than scholes, giggs, or keane?? your having a laugh mate

northstandhero said:
"...
I've never said that my friend...Giggs still is one of my favourite players. said that Beckham was the only star Man Utd had under Ferguson.
And although i still am quite fond of Man U, i am getting a litle bit sick and tired about the blind adoration that some fans have for their team.

northstandhero said:
"...I know that's speculating but fact is that the only world star United had in their squad left the team because of Ferguson..."

Dont forget C.Ronaldo,Rooney,Saha and Van Nistelrooy.All of which are better than Becks.

Lets have a team of stars and end up like Real Madrid!

PANTS!!!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom