Russia World Cup 2018 Thread

Yeah, they are all in it to line their own pockets unfortunately. The game couldn't be in worse hands really could it?

Even things like rule changes. All the little things that could be changed for the good of the game and what was the big rule change last season. You can pass backwards at a kick off. Wow, fantastic idea, that had always been holding the game back over the last 140 years. How about sorting out time wasting, arguing with refs, delaying free kicks.

Then you get the ridiculous 'simulation' word. No it's not simulation, let's call it what it is, it's cheating, plain and simple. It appears to be bred into footballer's now. They can't even take a corner without trying to steal an inch outside of the quadrant. If they made it twice as big they'd still place it just outside of it. Do you think if a professional football player hits his leg on a coffee table at home he goes down, rolls around and waves an imaginary card at the table? Probably.

I fear you are going to have a very unpleasant experience watching this World Cup, in terms of time wasting and delays. FIFA announced today that linesmen are to leave all marginal offside decisions to the VAR, added to goals, red cards, penalties and mistaken identity.

This mess could turn football into NFL or cricket, where you need to be half twisted on alcohol to stay awake during the games, with all the gameplay timeouts, reviews and faffing on an epic scale.

:SHAKE::SHAKE::SHAKE:

That's the thing isn't it - to have a fair VAR you have to let close one's go because if they give offside and it wasn't then you'll never know if it would have led to a goal. So in the end a linesman becomes redundant. I'm not against VAR as such but the time it takes to make a decision is the problem. It's supposed to be a clear wrong decision so if they have to look at replays for a minute then it's not a clear mistake is it? If you can't look at the replay and clearly say yes definite foul/dive/whatever then the decision has to stand and let's get back on with game straight away.

Apparently the spanish federation only got the info that Lopetegui was going to manage Real Madrid 5 minutes before the official announcement was released by the press...

Wow, shock of the day. FIFA vote to hand World Cup 2026 to North America. One mafia helping out their fellow mobsters. :BLEH::BLEH::BLEH:

Apparently the spanish federation only got the info that Lopetegui was going to manage Real Madrid 5 minutes before the official announcement was released by the press...

That is so typical of the big two in Spain, they get half the TV rights cash and also like to balls up the national team's chances.

Kind of like the English Premier League. :MAD::MAD::MAD:

My body is ready :COOL:

1528954960521170385793qacu.jpg

@Lami I've been so tempted as there was one going spare at work but it's so expensive to complete it.
I've settled for the online one.

OMG Tim Cahill :CONFUSE: hope so he destroy France with header in last minute :D so what's in the box?
It has 50 packs of 5 stickers. I think I unpacked 10 so far.
@Lami I've been so tempted as there was one going spare at work but it's so expensive to complete it.
I've settled for the online one.
Oh. Never tried the digital version. I love these stickers really and I'm always nostalgic about them and love collecting them. My first was Italia 90. Did 94 as well but not 98, 02 and 06. Thought they stopped really as I wouldn't see them in my face everywhere like I used to. Then found out they're still about in 2010 and been collecting since.

It has 50 packs of 5 stickers. I think I unpacked 10 so far.

Oh. Never tried the digital version. I love these stickers really and I'm always nostalgic about them and love collecting them. My first was Italia 90. Did 94 as well but not 98, 02 and 06. Thought they stopped really as I wouldn't see them in my face everywhere like I used to. Then found out they're still about in 2010 and been collecting since.
Did you know you can buy a book with all the WC stickers in?
https://www.amazon.co.uk/World-Cup-1970-2014-Football-Collections/dp/8857008746

Really hard to tell what any of the teams true form and ability is until the second round of group games is played next week.

I mean the Saudis played Germany in a friendly a few days ago and only lost 2 - 1, which proves how friendlies mean bugger all these days. :RANT::RANT::RANT:

Yes I saw it. Saudi Arabia's defence was poor but they had a few moments going forward, more so in the first half. A couple of really good Russia goals in the second half and the first goal in the first half too. Hard to say if they are any good though at this stage. The fact they had to get a 38yr old out of international retirement says a lot about Russia's defence so I am sure Suarez, Cavani and Salah are going to test it a bit more than Saudi Arabia did.

Absolutely, I was shocked to see how bad the Saudi Arabia defensive organization was. Even from their own throw-ins they gave Russia clear chances at goal...
I still am not convinced with Russia's football, though Golovin was a class act.

They are the lowest ranked team in the WC to be fair. I kept thinking back to 2002 with that 8-0 against Germany. Saudi Arabia have conceded 37 goals in 14 games at the WC :SHOCK:

Saudi Arabia played good in 10 minutes opening, players always run & pass but after that it's nothing. Putin's reaction very funny & hilarious :D so the important match with Russia vs Egypt ( with Salah 100% fit) after late winning of Uruguay. Feel sad for Egypt & Salah, this team played not bad this match but Jose Giménez's heading unstoppable

I think as well as Egypt played and Uruguay didn't, when you look at the actual clear cut chances, Suarez missed two he'd normally put away, Cavani had one well saved and hit the post so on the balance of that if not the actual play they did look more likely to score. Shame for Egypt though as they did do well.

Cavani's free kick was pretty cool, and although entire match was not as exciting as I was expecting(considering Uruguay quality atm) they deserved a win. Egypt played well too. And btw Cebola looks like sumo wresteler :D

Back
Top Bottom