Root Of All Evil?

Spikester: if i remember well (25 years ago in september) my first sentence in Mandarin: Yu Ming Yao yu shao Shen: there is a crow calling up in the three. Maybe we have the same textbook...

About "history": in Belgium we are particularly proud of the Crusades because in the first Crusades Flemish Knights played a significant role... Inquisitive like i am, i started reading a book which compilates Arabic historical accounts of the same crusades (a book by French-Lebanese writer Amin Malouf, a very interesting writer)...this shows a difficult picture than the heroics i was told when i was a kid: it's about rapists, looting, cowardice,...

Genius.

"I'm so sick of arming the world, then sending troops over to destroy the fucking arms, you know what I mean? We keep arming these little countries, then we go and blow the shit out of them. We're like the bullies of the world, y'know. We're like Jack Palance in the movie Shane, throwing the pistol at the sheepherder's feet.

"Pick it up."

"I don't wanna pick it up, Mister, you'll shoot me."

"Pick up the gun."

"Mister, I don't want no trouble. I just came downtown here to get some hard rock candy for my kids, some gingham for my wife. I don't even know what gingham is, but she goes through about ten rolls a week of that stuff. I ain't looking for no trouble, Mister."

"Pick up the gun."

(He picks it up. Three shots ring out.)

"You all saw him - he had a gun."

A lot of Christians wear crosses around their necks. You think when Jesus comes back he ever wants to see a fucking cross? It's like going up to Jackie Onassis wearing a rifle pendant.

You ever noticed how people who believe in Creationism look really unevolved? You ever noticed that? Eyes real close together, eyebrow ridges, big furry hands and feet. "I believe God created me in one day" Yeah, looks liked He rushed it.

By the way, if anyone here is in advertising or marketing, kill yourself. Thank you, thank you. Just a little thought. I'm just trying to plant seeds. Maybe one day they'll take root. I don't know. You try. You do what you can. Kill yourselves. Seriously though, if you are, do. No really, there's no rationalisation for what you do, and you are Satan's little helpers, OK? Kill yourselves, seriously. You're the ruiner of all things good. Seriously, no, this is not a joke. "There's gonna be a joke coming..." There's no fucking joke coming, you are Satan's spawn, filling the world with bile and garbage, you are fucked and you are fucking us, kill yourselves, it's the only way to save your fucking soul. Kill yourself, kill yourself, kill yourself now. Now, back to the show.
"You know what Bill's doing now, he's going for the righteous indignation dollar, that's a big dollar, a lot of people are feeling that indignation, we've done research, huge market. He's doing a good thing." Godammit, I'm not doing that, you scumbags, quit putting a godamn dollar sign on every fucking thing on this planet!

I love the Pope, I love seeing him in his Pope-Mobile, his three feet of bullet proof plexi-glass. That's faith in action folks! You know he's got God on his side.

Fundamentalist Christianity - fascinating. These people actually believe that the the world is 12,000 years old. Swear to God. Based on what? I asked them.

"Well we looked at all the people in the Bible and we added 'em up all the way back to Adam and Eve, their ages: 12,000 years."

Well how fucking scientific, okay. I didn't know that you'd gone to so much trouble. That's good. You believe the world's 12,000 years old?

"That's right."

Okay, I got one word to ask you, a one word question, ready?

"Uh-huh."

Dinosaurs.

You know the world is 12,000 years old and dinosaurs existed, they existed in that time, you'd think it would have been mentioned in the fucking Bible at some point.

"And lo Jesus and the disciples walked to Nazareth. But the trail was blocked by a giant brontosaurus... with a splinter in his paw. And O the disciples did run a shriekin': 'What a big fucking lizard, Lord!' But Jesus was unafraid and he took the splinter from the brontosaurus's paw and the big lizard became his friend.

"And Jesus sent him to Scotland where he lived in a loch for O so many years inviting thousands of American tourists to bring their fat fucking families and their fat dollar bills.

"And oh Scotland did praise the Lord. Thank you Lord, thank you Lord. Thank you Lord."

PLF said:
Exactly. I believe in god and you know I pray to him sometimes, or request things or when I get things I want or just am healthy and so is my loved ones I say thank god. No I don't get on my knees and do the exact movements you're SUPPOSED to as a Muslim when praying and say those Arabic words. I say it in my own language because surely the supereme god knows all languages and can understand what I'm saying to him.
So who is the guy with the brown paper bag over his head praying to?

PLF said:
This is again goes back to how I think and almost 90% of Iranians outside of Iran and also about 50% of them inside. We're not RELIGIOUS people in sense to go to Masque every week and pray and fast and all the rules of Islam but do I have anything against people that do it ? No not really.. do I think I HAVE to do that ?? No I don't. I kinda think like GFK and SB.

I'll live my life by doing the right things like being honest, helping people when you can and generally being a good person. I don't need some 3650 year old book to tell me what to do nor do I think god will only listen to me if I speak in Arabic (which means I have to memorize the pray Muslims should do and evreything) and do those movements like hands on kneeds and bent over and all those moves. I think I can sit in my chair and thank god for everything he's given me in my OWN lanaguage!
Agreed.

It's funny how when you tell some Muslims this they treat you like you just killed someone, yet they say they come from a peaceful religion -_-

Last edited:
Where did you get that from Db, did you made up yourself or is borrowed from somebody else...it sounds stand-up comedian and i kinda like it...
I know you are a guy with great humour but unfortunately i don't understand everything because i'm not a native English speaker...

Hi Gerd,

It's the legendary Bill Hicks.

DI_65A26KLL.jpg

http://www.billhicks.com/

As Jooste said, following this guy would make the world a better place....

db

Bill Hicks: You know, the world's twelve-thousand years old, and dinosaurs existed in that time, you'd think it would've been mentioned in the fucking bible at some point. "And o, Jesus and the disciples walked to Nazareth, but the trail was blocked by a giant brontosaurus with a splinter in his paw. And o, the disciples did run a-shrieking 'What a big fucking lizard, Lord.' But Jesus was unafraid, and he took the splinter from the brontosaurus' paw, and the big lizard became his friend. And Jesus sent him to Scotland where he lived in a Loch for oh so many years, inviting thousands of American tourists to bring their fat fucking families and their fat dollar bills. And O Scotland did praise the Lord. Thank you, Lord."

gerd said:
Where did you get that from Db, did you made up yourself or is borrowed from somebody else...it sounds stand-up comedian and i kinda like it...
I know you are a guy with great humour but unfortunately i don't understand everything because i'm not a native English speaker...

It's Bill Hicks. He really was a genius. During the late 90s, I discovered both him and Cobain and was completely immersed with them for a couple of years. Both taken before their time too.

EDIT: I see was beaten, sorry. Was faffing about with planetfootball.

Hi.

I'm a fairly recent convert myself, theres lots of tapes/videos etc.. available of his stand-up routines.

One of my favourite quotes is this one....on the 1991 Gulf War

People ask me where I stood politically you know. It’s not that I disagree with Bush’s economic policy or his foreign policy. But that I believe he was a child of Satan here to destroy the planet Earth. Yeah, I’m a little a little to the left there, I was. I was leaning that way. Yeah you know who else is going, little Quayle boy. Little Damien. Is that guy Damien? Tell me those blank empty eyes aren’t gonna glow red in the very near future. [eyes roll back in head] Stop makingjokes about meee. Nrrr. I’ll spell potato any fucking way I want. Nrrrr. Rioters in LA, let’s nuke them. Bush was a pussy Nrr He held me back. Frightening people man. Bush tried to buy votes towards the end of the election. Goes around, you know, selling weapons to everyone, getting that military industrial complex vote happening for him. Sold 160 fighter jets to Korea and then 240 tanks to Kuwait and then goes around making speeches why he should be Commander-in-Chief because, “We still live in a dangerous world.” Thanks to you, you fucker!

What are you doing? Last week Kuwaitis had nothing but rocks! They’re arming the fucking world man. You know we armed Iraq. I wondered about that too, you know during the Persian Gulf war those intelligence reports would come out: “Iraq: incredible weapons - incredible weapons.” How do you know that? “Uh, well… We looked at the receipts Haar.” “Ah but as soon as that cheque clears, we’re going in.” “What time’s the bank open? 8? We’re going in at 9.” “We’re going in for God and country and democracy and here’s a foetus and he’s a Hitler. Whatever you fucking need, let’s go. Get motivated behind this, let’s go!” Ohoh looks like Mr. Major was on the hot seat there for a second too. Little Iraqgate, little rapscallion he is. “Did we send, did I… did… I’ll have to check Maggie’s old calendar.” What’s funny about this. Every one of your papers says that you guys sold Iraq “machine tools”… which Iraq then converted into military equipment. I have news for you folks, a cannon is a machine tool. Your Orwellian language notwithstanding, it’s a fucking machine, it’s a tool. Our papers in the States have the same thing.

We sold Iraq “farming equipment” which Iraq then “converted”. How do they do this? “Simsalabim simsalabim aa salabim sim sim sim salabim.” Wow! It was a chicken coop, it’s now a nuclear reactor!” “This war’s for Aladdin.” Farming equipment which they converted into military, okay, you got me I’m curious, exactly what kind of farming equipment is this? “Oh okay, well it’s stuff for the farmers of Iraq.” Yeah? What? “Ooh okay, ar well ooh one of the things we gave them was for the little farmer, a new thing we came up with called er the er, flame-throwing rake.” “No it was for the farmer, see. He would rake the leaves and then just turn around Boooo.” “But you know what the Iraqis did with that?” There’s no trees in Iraq, what are you sending them rakes for, you asshole? “We could have done our research better perhaps yes.” What else did you sell ‘em? “Okay er one of the other things we gave ‘em was a new thing… for the farmer.” “The, er, armoured tractor.” “No, see, farmers when they farm look over their shoulders at times and they won’t see a tree and they’ll hit it maybe and there’ll be a wasps nest in the tree and the wasps will come in and sting ‘em.” “So we put four inches of armour all over the tractor. And a turret to shoot pesticides on the wasps.” “Yeah but you know what the Iraqis did with that?” “Can’t trust ‘em.” I’m so sick of arming the world and then sending troops over to destroy the fucking arms, you know what I mean? We keep arming these little countries then we go and blow the shit out of em. We’re like the bullies of the world, you know. We’re like Jack Palance in the movie Shane… Throwing the pistol at the sheep herder’s feet: “Pick it up.” “I don’t wanna pick it up mister, you’ll shoot me.” “Pick up the gun”. “Mister, I don’t want no trouble huh. I just came down town here to get some hard rock candy for my kids, some gingham for my wife. I don’t even know what gingham is, but she goes through about 10 rolls a week of that stuff. I ain’t looking for no trouble mister.” “Pick up the gun.” Boom bom “You all saw him. He had a gun.”

STR said:
It's Bill Hicks. He really was a genius. During the late 90s, I discovered both him and Cobain and was completely immersed with them for a couple of years. Both taken before their time too.

EDIT: I see was beaten, sorry. Was faffing about with planetfootball.

Bill Hicks died from cancer in 1994 if I'm right. He really was a genius. He neglected every offer to make big money since he was convinced he wasn't a comedian for that. He was more like a messenger. He visited a lot of small red neck towns through the USA just to makie sure even those people heard his word. Once two Vietnam veterans actually broke his leg for saying things about that particular war. He also got banned from Letterman's show for being to rude on prime time tv.
He was only 33 or something when he doed, a real tragedy and an example for the best Dutch comedian, who happens to be my favorite comedian as well: Theo Maassen.

Great stuff that DB. Bill Hicks was a legend, I have most of his stuff on cd and a few shows on video. It's not always meant to be funny, even though the crowd usually laughs at anything. I reckon it must have been quite annoying for him. It's a fucking shame the guy had to die so early.

Well loved reading this thread.

Just want to point out one thing I dislike about people who follow religion more closely, either being priests or whatever according to each religion.
That evil comes from people but good comes from God.
This I heard plenty of times troughout my life.

Another version: "No good comes from men, only from God" This one was recent. It came up last week when I was discussing with some people about the presidential candidates (Presidential elections this week in Portugal). A guy said that in their religion they usually don't vote (he said never but I doubt that's the case), I asked why and he said the above "In my religion we believe that good only comes from God". The guy that said this, I consider him a close friend, but I was like "WTF dude? you prefer living in a world of chaos? Is God gonna come down and build an hospital and be himselft a doctor and heal the dying kid on the OR?" He didn't replied.

Just to point out that although I usually respect religion, sometimes I can't stand their hypocrisy. I'm not religious although being raised as a christian.

Religion mixed with nationalism and patriotism is dangerous. Christianity in America has a nationalistic front. Whilst Islam is also very bigoted, and sees the whole of the arab world as 'one nation'

However, I am a chritian myself, and much of my family too. And believe me, from what i've seen its all good.

You get the small minority who are descrediting the two major religions, and the jews of course too.

Bush isn't Chrisitian, its spin, deceit and lies to win the support of a nation where the church is too intertwined with the state. Osama isn't muslim. Blair is definately not christian. Blair's even in to new age stuff (which christianity looks down upon) If anyone knows the politics of the UK, its another attempt to win over former conservative voters. And don't even attempt to link christianty with wealth in the UK. Although New Labour could only get into power by winning over the wealthy south east, where people often 'claim' to be christians. Much like the bin ladens, who claim to be muslim and support the "opressed" people in arab lands, yet sit on vast fortunes.

denirobob said:
The Real Reasons Why Iran is the Next Target: The Emerging Euro-denominated International Oil Marker
- http://www.energybulletin.net/2913.html

A bit heavy going in parts but despite being written in late 2004, highly relevant considering recent developments.

db

and yes this is the whole reason for the iraq war too.

its actually not that sinister imo, if America and the UK (London and New york financial markets benefit the most from the petrodollar) didn't stop Iraq from switching to euro, which it was going to do, the whole western world economy would collapse, severe consequences would follow. First thing the coalition forces did was resecure oil fields, privatise it and sell/buy in dollars.

Now Iran plans too, and Saudi is expressing an interest. Things will get interesting.

Peter Eyres said:
and yes this is the whole reason for the iraq war too.

its actually not that sinister imo, if America and the UK (London and New york financial markets benefit the most from the petrodollar) didn't stop Iraq from switching to euro, which it was going to do, the whole western world economy would collapse, severe consequences would follow. First thing the coalition forces did was resecure oil fields, privatise it and sell/buy in dollars.

Now Iran plans too, and Saudi is expressing an interest. Things will get interesting.

Hi Peter,

Surely the fact that both governments have spent millions in propoganda to suggest that firstly Iraq was a threat to the World over non existent weapons, and then afterwards try and portray their actions as some kind of benevolent aim to give Iraqis "freedom" & "democracy". That is sinister isn't it ?

For instance Bliar's insistence, that talk of oil is a conspiracy theory - link - whilst all the time control of oil is the fundamental reason for the US/UK mounting an illegal invasion & occupation, causing the deaths of thousands & thousands of innocent people is sickening & morally abhorent.

I'm not trying to have a go at you btw mate, it's just the way you said it that sounded rather blase (as if PNAC was well known) - probably just the way i read it.

all the best

db

Last edited:
its just my way of saying its "okay". And yes its quite hard to justify a war of any kind

Whilst war causes the death of citizens, due to the geography of IRAQ. Cities are the primary strategic target, this is inevitable. And we have no exact figures. Nor do we know if 'innocent citizens' were involved in insurgent operations.

Eventually Iraq will get back on its feet to some extent. Politicians have been using excuses for a long time. But I feel this war was neccessary. Blair isn't a bad man, but I think he was pressured in to it due to olverwhemping advice from economic advisors.

I just can't get my head around some of the more sinister theories etc. Do they really want to kill people on purpose? Worhsip the devil and all that, its just stupid.

I do't think this democracy and liberation thing is deceit. Its a good/bad parastite to an invasion of a country with the aim of regime change. It had to be done, as soon as you decide to invade a country for different reasons.

In the long run, good will come from this war, and of course a whole lot of suffering, but thast been the case throughout history, and we can't stop it.

Peter Eyres, i think you are so wrong...sorry to disagree with
No good will come from this war in Iraq...
This war will breed a new generation/nationality of suicide bombers and terrorists/freedom fighters.
Just like the second Gulf War (after the Iraqi invasion in Kuwait) and the fact that the Saudi rulers let the American army on "holy soil" gave birth to Al Qaeda...
And don't start the "Saddam was a tyrant"-refrain...as long as Saddam was "our tyrant" he was a good tyrant...
We (the first world) should stop and interfere in (some parts) of the third world.
Do you seriuosly think the people of Iraq feel liberated???? Do you have any idea which stupid laws the "Allies" impose on the Iraqi people???

gerd said:
Do you seriuosly think the people of Iraq feel liberated???? Do you have any idea which stupid laws the "Allies" impose on the Iraqi people???

well actually yes I do. I know missionaries over there and theres alot of optimism once you finally get past the bigoted nationalism and propoganda.

What do you know? Seriously? And don't give me 'internet sources' Oh its free from the state so it must be impartial:lmao:

Infact my family even knew Norman Kember, the british hostage:(

Actually i know some people from Médecins sans frontières who work in Iraq...and they tell me that the Iraqi people are fed up with the allies...It's true that after Saddam was overthrown there were high expectations and much optimism. But according to the people i mentioned the initial optimism is long gone...
The fact that there are as many "terrorist" actions speaks for itself too, i think...it could be that there is something like "a silent majority" but i doubt about it...
Anyway i respect your opinion on this...to be honest i hope i'm wrong and you're right but i suspect that more trouble will become of it.

Yeah, we know what money can do to people and Television...well

...airjoca have you seen that James Bond movie where this guy was trying to take over the world by controling all the TV networks all over the world?

If you have you understand what i'm trying to say.

Well yeah, if you have the resources to own whatever you want and control the media, therefore making the people see what you want them to see... You own the world, therefore being "God".

Back
Top Bottom