Ronaldo announces his retirement

Has a remarkable goalscoring record.

Truly outstanding player, however injuries played havoc with him in the end.

FD

Cruzeiro: Apps 14 Goals: 12
PSV: Apps 46 Goals: 42
Barcelona: Apps: 37 Goals: 34
Inter Milan: Apps: 68 Goals: 49
Real Madrid: Apps: 127 Goals: 83
AC Milan: Apps 20 Goals: 9
Corinthians: Apps 31 Goals: 18
Brazil: 97 Goals: 62

Even late in his career, his goal return was good.

Good? His goal-to-game ratio was absolutely fantastic.

RONALDO!

14 games for Cruzeiro only :SHOCK: I could swear it was more,
I remember being in the stadium in his last game here, he was a beast at 17 one of those who were way too explosive for his era.

Even though I don't like the person, thanks for the good memories.

EDIT: OH according to wikipedia he had 46 for Cruzeiro with 44 goals, even better :TU:

Just unbelievable. The perfect mix of pace, power and precision that you dream of having in a centre forward.

His determination and resilience in recovering from several serious injuries was astounding.

Destroyed La Liga defences in his debut season. Took Serie A by storm when it was undoubtably the toughest and most competitive league in the world. I wonder how even more unfathomably brilliant he would have turned out if he'd stayed injury-free.

Yep it's all been said and I completely agree. He really was something SPECIAL.

My only complaint and a quick disagreement with those who said he had it ALL or the perfect/complete striker is that his heading ability was average. So he was never a big aerial threat. Of course he didn't need to be he was so good with ball at his feet! :P

Yeah, it's surprising - given his athleticism and his 6ft tall frame, how poor he was aerially. He's human after all!

Yeah it was somewhat surprising but I wouldn't say his heading was bad or very poor. He actually had a few nice headed goals which showed clear skill! I'd rate it as average though and in my book, the complete striker is also an aerial threat and Ronaldo very rarely was.

Ronaldo, what can I say? A legend and a hero in Brazil and worlwide. In his peak, it was sheer magic.
His comeback was amazing, when many people doubted it. He was immense in 2002 and we owe a big slice of that WC to him.

Should have featured in WC 94 in USA, but didn't thanks to Parreira... But we still discuss til this day whether he would have the same impact as Pelé in his first WC. He was also 17 and with a brilliant future ahead.

In his club career he played for none less than Barcelona, Inter, Real Madrid and Milan! I just think he deserved a CL title in his resumé. That aside, it's very impressive.

One of the best players ever, that's for sure. His personal life should be left aside, nobody's business. What stands and will be remembered forever is the legend.

A big thank you to Ronaldo :)

Back
Top Bottom