1. We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners. Learn More.

Ronald Koeman - New Benfica Manager

Discussion in 'Football' started by RicKs, 8 June 2005.

1. RicKs

RicKs Full Manual Addict

22 December 2001
    Cascais, Portugal
    SL Benfica
    Well, Trapattoni left, now we have Koeman. I liked him as a player, but don't know much about him as main coach. I know he was with Van Gaal in Barcelona. But was he succesfull in Ajax? What kind of style does he like for his teams? And his he interested in bringing young players in the main team? We have plenty of talent in our under 19 and B team...
    What do you think?

2. Soundtracker

Soundtracker Guest

Very very wise choice! For his career, ambition, offensive mentality, brings the best player scout in the world with him, he knows Benfica and some of the playes well, he also loves Portugal...you'll see.

I'm sure this will be a very successful link! Benfica and Koeman back to the top!!

3. distefano

distefano Conference

16 May 2002
    arcade holland
    When ajax reached the quarterfinal of the cl they played with the youngest team ever with an average age of approximatley 22,9. I believe that record has been beaten last season but I don't know by which team. As an Ajax fan I wish him all the best!!!

Prizes (as a coach):

2x champion of Holland
    1x cupwinner of Holland
    1x quarterfinals in CL

4. Milanista

Milanista Mangiamoli! Staff

19 December 2002
    London & Milan
    AC Milan
    hehehe Milan beat them in the quarter finals ;)