1. We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners. Learn More.

Rocky Balboa

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by rockykabir, 26 December 2006.

1. rockykabir

rockykabir hello

30 March 2003
    London -> New York -> San Francisco
    Liverpool FC
    Out of a pure spur of the moment sorta thing, I took a last minute flight to go to America to watch this* in the premiere showing.

I am actually quite shocked by it - as it is surprisingly not as bad as I thought it'd be. In fact, it was actually quite good and enjoyable to watch(!). It was quite emotional and definitely back to its original best - definitely hyped me up! ;)

If you can see past the crappy plastic surgery, I was shocked at Stallone decent acting skills. Mason was well played too - the "baddie" was actually believeable this time!

I'm prob gonna watch it again too - highly recommended! ;)

Edit: I'll definitely put it up there with the original Rocky and Rocky III (which I really loved for some reason).

*May not actually be true

Last edited: 26 December 2006
  2. Ad16

Ad16 Premiership

13 November 2006
    Wow, you took a flight to America to watch it! :shock: ;) :lol:

I heard it is actually quite a good film. Stallone needed to give the character a proper send off apparently because he wasn't happy with the way the last one ended. Speaking of which, Rocky 5 came out nearly seventeen years ago. Sly has to be applauded I think to come back and produce the goods after all that time. And at sixty years old you gotta give the man credit. :applause:

3. rockykabir

rockykabir hello

30 March 2003
    Liverpool FC
    I think I can safely throw away Rocky 5 from my DVD set as this should be definitely regarded as the true ending to the series :)

4. joostebrood

joostebrood Premiership

4 March 2002
    You took a flight to America to watch this movie? I hope/think you're kidding here.

5. Milanista

Milanista Mangiamoli! Staff

19 December 2002
    London & Milan
    AC Milan
    Watched it as well... on the plane... dont ask me how. Was, like mentioned above, surprisingly quite good. Good end to the series, and definitely better than the last 2.

6. tuta

tuta Marseillais

21 November 2004
    France
    Marseille
    I loved it. Very simple movie but it can be touching and very efficient. Stallone is amazing. Niiiiiiiice !

7. Dominic

Dominic Serie A Staff

19 August 2003
    Netherlands
    Did they replace the original Adrian?

8. rockykabir

rockykabir hello

30 March 2003
    Liverpool FC
    No...Adrian has passed away in the movie.

Btw, when is this coming out in the UK? Would love to go see it again :)

9. Ad16

Ad16 Premiership

13 November 2006
    Why didn't Sage Stallone play Rocky Balboa Junior?

10. LORDC007

LORDC007 League 2

4 February 2004
    watched this today and was like alot of peeps really suprised as its a great movie!!!

11. knh4

knh4 Championship

21 October 2002
    Bradford
    Man Utd
    Just seen it and must say its a very good film. Much more like Rocky 1 than any of the others as its more drama based than action but a fine film it is.