1. We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners. Learn More.

Rockstar presents Table Tennis (Trailer added)

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by LemonJelly, 4 March 2006.

1. LemonJelly

LemonJelly Bungie's Bitch Staff

28 August 2002
    UK
    That is something I can safely say nobody would have predicted. It isn't something I would have thought I would be interested in but I am kinda intrigued as to how they pull it off.

More info can be found here.

UPDATE: Click here for the trailer

Last edited: 7 April 2006
  2. jaygrim

jaygrim TheAllSeeingEye

26 July 2005
    Everywhere.
    Man Utd
    Re: Rockstar announce new title...

They are gonna replace the ball with a grenade, wont they?

3. total

total International

10 December 2005
    Slovenia
    Arsenal/OGC Nice

Nope.

4. FlawlessCowboy

FlawlessCowboy Stunted

5 July 2004
    Coventry, UK

well its the one type of game that hasn't been done well (if at all?!), and is great fun to play in real life. If anyone can pull it off, Rockstar can... I think...

5. total

total International

10 December 2005
    Slovenia
    Arsenal/OGC Nice

That's true, table tenis games have been only made in flash format I think. Now all we need is a handball game. \\:o/

6. CW

CW C Dub Founding Member

6 October 2001
    Liverpool
  7. APX

APX FIN

8 July 2005
    Suomi Finland

i wonder if theres going to be "bullet time" effect in the game. yeah if its just plain ping pong then i dont think its gonna sell much, maybe get some lawsuits off their back for awhile.

8. Chris Davies

Chris Davies At least, I think I am Staff

14 May 2003
    Tranmere Rovers

Is this the result of GTA and "Bully" being branded as scum-of-the-earth by pretty much everybody who doesn't play computer games? Will the next GTA be "GTA: Asda Car-Park"? God knows, but I won't be buying this. It's bad enough that there's pool games when you've got a pool table in your local pub, but table tennis? I wouldn't even want to play the real one, much less a virtual one. Pong is infinitely more appealing.

I'm hoping it's a HUGE joke on Rockstar's part, and that it turns out that Table Tennis is a hidden game in GTA4.

9. gerd

gerd Retired Footballer

8 January 2002
    Over the moon
    KRC Genk, Spurs

Finally a good game from Rockstar????

10. studeep

studeep ManUnited academy

29 June 2005
    Uk
    Manchester United

ye lush graphics wont save this one, not even good gameplay. not all folks like table tennis (or as they call it in china "ping pong") but there you go ;)
    Get Him jack!!!!!! :mrgreen:

11. Clockender

Clockender is back...but for how long?

27 November 2001
    East Lower, Block 13
    Arsenal FC

You obviously never played Ping Pong on the Speccy! Classic game!

12. djdoc

djdoc Guest

:( im with Jack Bauer on this one. I dont think much of Table Tennis and cant believe Rockstar are making a game based on it!

DJ

13. Junka

Junka i hail from ISS time

9 November 2004
    Holland
    ROSSONERI

whatsup with new GTA game?

14. APX

APX FIN

8 July 2005
    Suomi Finland

"In addition to the basic controls, the right bumper will give each character a more advanced strike using a Focus Shot, which causes the game to go into a slow motion, bullet-time mode."

source:http://previews.teamxbox.com/xbox-360/1314/Rockstar-Games-Presents-Table-Tennis/p1/

heh i was right :)

15. Dead Man

Dead Man Guest

16. LemonJelly

28 August 2002
    UK
    EDIT: Dead Man beat me to it by seconds :) The below trailer is the same as Dead Mans.

First trailer available over at xboxyde.com.

Click here for the trailer

I have to say it looks really impressive, the character models are superb. The fact that it will be released at a low price is also good to see, £29.99 is the predicted release price.

Last edited: 7 April 2006
  17. djdoc

djdoc Guest

Well Table Tennis is a very simplistic game so im glad they are not being rip off merchants and not slapping a £49.99 price tag on this!!

DJ

18. djdoc

djdoc Guest

Oh My God! that game looks amazing! them graphics are smart as you like! the player movements are also immense! Shame I dont like table tennis but could provide a bit of a laugh for me and a mate :)

DJ

19. LemonJelly

28 August 2002
    UK
    Ok you have a point, but remove the word "table" and you have Tennis! Yet Topspin 2 is a full price game, and you could argue that game is just as simplistic.

The reason Table Tennis is cheaper is that the career mode isn't very deep according to early reports. To me it is irrelevant whether the game is simplistic or not, its about value for money - and Rockstar seem to be recognising this fact.

20. djdoc

djdoc Guest

Ok lets all rally round 2K sports and tell them to drop the price of Top Spin 2 :) im sure we will get nothing but Sweet FA from them...

And what happened to EA Dropping the price of its games to £39.99?

DJ

21. djdoc

djdoc Guest

My mistake EA were dropping Prices for PS2 and Xbox titles!! PAHHHH!! Why are 360 games so bloody expensive? they are only using DVD9 discs and they arent that expensive!

DJ

22. Carl

Carl Ban Master Staff

27 December 2001
    N.I.
    West Ham United FC
    The reason why the XB360 games are so high is because they have no competition. Heard of the term, make hay while the sun shines? Till the PS3 comes along, MS and reatiler will revel in the fact that the games are over 40 quid, when PS3 gets launched expect MS to announce some sort of PRICE CUT to software, thus undercutting Sony in games and Hardware department.

As for the game, I aint sure, I think I would wait for a demo to play, then decide. But it is a good decision to release it at a budget price. I picked up Topsin for 40 quid, so for me I'm happy enough with that.

23. djdoc

djdoc Guest

Greedy Fuckers MS!

DJ

24. Laarson

Laarson Conference

18 January 2003
    Aberdeen Scotland
    RockStar Table Tennis

Anybody else on Evo-web got this game.I played in a few tournaments yesterday and it was really a good laugh.They have done a great job with this game.The 4 or 8 player tourneys are a blast.

Anyway i off to play some more , if any one is up for it just add me gamertag-Laarson.

25. Kenny M

Kenny M Guest

Re: RockStar Table Tennis

i will be on later too if anyone wants a game.

top notch stuff!

26. Tim7

Tim7 Retired Footballer

6 May 2003
    Gravesend
    Charlton Athletic FC

Is this worth buying guys?

27. Kenny M

Kenny M Guest

this game has me hooked.

the online mode is excellent.

one player game is weak, but the multiplayer is good.

its fun when u first play the game, then you find out how to manipulate the shots and it gets very deep. it will take sometime to master.

28. Laarson

Laarson Conference

18 January 2003
    Aberdeen Scotland

For £30 you cant go wrong and if your stil not sure they are releasing a demo soon ,dont know when though.

29. Tim7

Tim7 Retired Footballer

6 May 2003
    Gravesend
    Charlton Athletic FC

Cool :) Thanks

30. dsgg

dsgg balls deep !!

17 June 2002
    london