1. We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners. Learn More.

Riquelme quits Argentina national team

Discussion in 'Football' started by EL_BATTAGLIA, 14 September 2006.

1. EL_BATTAGLIA

EL_BATTAGLIA FaceMaster

20 September 2005
    The most classy and most underrated soccer player in the world has announced his retirement from Argentina national team.
    Just want to say that I love that man and he makes me forget about everything when he touches the ball. But here´s a great tip, as a present for you all people, type "riquelme" in the text field of youtube´s index page and open your eyes. be ready to learn what football is all about.

End of communication.

2. fd1972uk

fd1972uk ---------------------

9 January 2002
    Glasgow
    Celtic
    Superb player, I thought he might've done better in the WC.

Surprised he's quit the NT, thought he was relatively young. Mind you maybe it'll be one of them famous comebacks for the next WC.

FD

3. IceMan_Bergkamp

IceMan_Bergkamp Total Football

9 December 2002
    London, Toronto
    Arsenal
    Wasn't he just made captain also? :(

Hats off to you Roman. Legend for Xeneizes , Legend for El Submarino Amarillo , Legend for the Albicelestes.

:salute:

4. voxel

voxel ---

15 February 2006
    Argentina
    Racing Club de Avellaneda
    hmmm although i agree that he is totally underrated by many, he is far from beeing a legend at least to the public. he probably quit cause he got tired of everybody hating him around here, cause every attacking midfielder playing for argentina seems to be the one that takes all the blame when something goes wrong with our team. it had happened with veron in 2002 and it is happening with riquelme this time.

5. IceMan_Bergkamp

IceMan_Bergkamp Total Football

9 December 2002
    London, Toronto
    Arsenal
    He quit due to his mothers ill health.

6. gergerger

gergerger Banned

14 March 2005
    I'll certainly miss him. He won absolutely everything with Argentina.

(including "man of the match" awards in every single game he played for the "Alfilcelestes").

You are either too english, too brazilian, or too damn spanish to understand Riquelme. That's how great he was for Argentina.

Last edited: 15 September 2006
  7. Mastermind

Mastermind FRANCESC SON!

28 June 2005
    North London
    Da Goons
    yeah he was underated but he never fulfilled his potential.

8. pk9

pk9 Did you Say BOOTS - Pk

9 January 2004
    in the boots thread
    Lille, de oranje!
    i am proud to have seen him play in real life a true argie legend!