Rimax Virtual Vision Glasses?

BobbyBox

WING NUT!
10 October 2003
Arsenal
Hello,

They are meant to show the equivalent of a 48" screen and can attach to TVs Consoles etc.

Wondering if anybody has seen these? heard anything about them? if they are any good - Pros Cons etc etc.

http://www.paramountzone.com/virtualvisionglasses4.htm

Looked on the internet but can't find any customer reviews? its really annoying - which suggests they aren't very good?

There is the 3.0 version on Ebay for £80 at the moment - I am intrigued.

But they just sound so good - so if you have come across them or no any info please share them with me.

Also if you know of any alternatives?

Cheers,

Bobby.

Get some and let me know how it goes. Ive always wanted something like this, as i presume it would make you feel more in the game.

Don't think I'm gonna shell out on them until I hear a consumer review or something. Googled it and looked through many pages but no consumer reviews - just adds for it.

It sounds good - but it mustn't be if nobody is talking about them?

I think it's that nobody wants to risk the outlay on them...

My brother-in-law has a similar device, he says they're great but the low resolution you have to use spoils it a bit for 3D stuff (the maximum resolution is 640x480, you would get more detail in your games if you put your console through your TV - depending on your TV, obviously, but my 360 is running at 1366x768, my dad's is running at 1920x1024 or whatever the maximum is).

He says films are great but when you spend that much money you expect to be able to use them for everything, and they're just not that great for games.

I think it's that nobody wants to risk the outlay on them...

My brother-in-law has a similar device, he says they're great but the low resolution you have to use spoils it a bit for 3D stuff (the maximum resolution is 640x480, you would get more detail in your games if you put your console through your TV - depending on your TV, obviously, but my 360 is running at 1366x768, my dad's is running at 1920x1024 or whatever the maximum is).

He says films are great but when you spend that much money you expect to be able to use them for everything, and they're just not that great for games.

Thats a shame - gaming would be the main reason I would get them :(

Same here. I'm still tempted but if you want to see what I mean, shove your 360 onto 640x480 and play a game (if you're connected via the VGA cable that is - if not, then why not, because you're missing out on the best quality). Hell of a difference.

Same here. I'm still tempted but if you want to see what I mean, shove your 360 onto 640x480 and play a game (if you're connected via the VGA cable that is - if not, then why not, because you're missing out on the best quality). Hell of a difference.

I'm using a HDMI cable thingy Mabob :)

vv2.jpg

NO.

Wouldn'y you go blind if you use these?

EDIT: Serious question! I never trusted things like these.

There are a couple of reviews in that first link now Bobby?

Oh yeah :) I need to know the bad things about it aswell - I hate the reviews that just say - 'Its wonderful' I need to know the good and bad points.

I'm gonna get a pair for £50 - I will let you know what they are like.

They are the 3.0 version - so not the best. But I am bloody intrigued!

I will report back when I get the Suckers!

Probably wasted £50 - but you need to take a chance in life :)

Last edited:
I'm not getting them now - I changed my mind again :)

Looks like I will have to sellotape a small tv to my head, cheers Jay

I had something like this for PSone back in about 1998 from Japan. After a while the novelty wears off and the sound wasnt very good. It starts to get uncomfortable after long hours of play and can be an eye strain.

I wanted it as I am staying at my folks for a week at the end of Jan (The wifes Mum, Friend, Sister and Friend are coming to stay in our tiny flat - theres not enough room for me! - although I am glad - too many women for my liking :) ).

So I was going to take my Xbox and use the glasses. Ohh well :)

Back
Top Bottom