ridiculously slow reaction time

mitzihowe

Non-League
15 January 2003
am i missing something here?

ok, i know a lot of posters here said 6 stars is easy. i agree but what i find extremely ridiculous are :

a) my players have the reaction time of a tortoise. one turn from the opponent down the flanks and they'll be rooted to the ground or still trying to brake their run to follow the defender

b) the opposite to (a) never seems to happen. also, no matter what, 90% of the 50/50 balls can be taken by the opponent and they can make a good pass at that too. obafemi martins is made to look like a tortoise by lesser defenders, what gives??

c) the opponent seems to hold the ball up better than my players who seem to lose the ball with every little nudge and miraculously the ball gets attracted to the opponent.

mitzihowe said:
am i missing something here?

ok, i know a lot of posters here said 6 stars is easy. i agree but what i find extremely ridiculous are :

a) my players have the reaction time of a tortoise. one turn from the opponent down the flanks and they'll be rooted to the ground or still trying to brake their run to follow the defender

b) the opposite to (a) never seems to happen. also, no matter what, 90% of the 50/50 balls can be taken by the opponent and they can make a good pass at that too. obafemi martins is made to look like a tortoise by lesser defenders, what gives??

c) the opponent seems to hold the ball up better than my players who seem to lose the ball with every little nudge and miraculously the ball gets attracted to the opponent.

a) Yes, it happens often but try to anticipate and force the oponent to go where u want. Don't close too much (of course downside is he can make a passm but if you close the lane, he'll usually backtrack or paly it back or accross).

b) Yeah..CPU on 6* got nitor up their ass. 50/50 balls are usually 30/70, bias to CPU at higher levels. They'll just get there quicker and have better control.

c) Not so bad in WE9, worse in PES5. Nudge turns into a 'force push' :D

Anyway nobody is forcing you to play at 6* y'know. It's not a competition at all. Just play at a level that suits you and lets you enjoy the game the way you want to.

Generally game upping the difficulty level does not up AI the skill. It just boosts the reaction/speed. Prolly stats as well. In WE9 3* is a good enough challenge. And I heard 5* was actually better since the AI attacked more.

i am currently playing on 4 stars... the cpu does some attacking on this level. Just like Jiwa said " play on the level that suits you.It aint no competition but you would just have to adjust to the 6 stars with time.

Back
Top Bottom