Retro City Rampage

Radiation

Golden Boot Winner
6 February 2006
Widnes
Newcastle United
From wiki
In Retro City Rampage, players take control of a henchmen of a major crime syndicate known as The Jester. The game is strongly inspired by Rockstar's Grand Theft Auto games, in that the player can complete a variety of missions within an enormous city that is open to explore. There will be around 50 story missions and 30 challenge levels in total.[4] Gameplay elements shared with GTA include the vast assortment of weaponry, the miscellaneous shops, the ability to hijack vehicles at will, and the ability to attract police attention with violence and destruction.

As an homage to numerous 8-bit videogames, Retro City Rampage incorporates design elements from a lot of different genres. Although it is primarily played from a top-down bird's-eye viewpoint, in specific sections, it may switch to a strictly two-dimensional perspective in the style of a 2D platformer. The game pays tribute to many titles through its storytelling, levels and character abilities, such as Super Mario Bros., The Legend of Zelda, Mega Man, Contra and Bionic Commando, among others.

YouTube - Retro City Rampage - Exclusive Gameplay Trailer

----------

I read that this is coming to PS Vita and PS3 soon so that's what got my interest. I read it came out on other platforms already so has anyone tried it?
It looks like it could be a lot of retro fun.

Back
Top Bottom