1. We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners. Learn More.

Retaining Trophies

Discussion in 'Football' started by kevano22, 27 May 2005.

1. kevano22

kevano22 TDWFYU

2 August 2003
    We all know Liverpool won the European cup for the fifth time :)

But, we get to keep this one.

I watched them putting the 5th trophy into the cabinet. However we also have the other 4 in there...

Im asuming these are replicas of the real ones?

Anybody got any definite answers for me on this one, i think theyre replicas but im not sure.

The 5th one is the real deal fo sure :D

2. Milanista

Milanista Mangiamoli! Staff

19 December 2002
    London & Milan
    AC Milan
    I believe theyre replicas too. Milan have 6 of them stored.

3. HHH-Mungaloid-ECW

HHH-Mungaloid-ECW Non-League

4 September 2005
    They are obviously replicas.

4. rockykabir

rockykabir hello

30 March 2003
    London -> New York -> San Francisco
    Liverpool FC
    anyone have any idea how much each one of them costs?

5. HHH-Mungaloid-ECW

4 September 2005
    You probably can't buy one.

6. crayon

crayon Yamato Gaijin

23 October 2004
    Hokkaido Japan
    Liverpool FC
    Typical, there is a company near Liverpool making a design very similar in shape (but smaller in dimensions) so people can have their own European Cup. UEFA are said to be taking legal action as the guy who runs the company is making a fortune off their design.

7. Gedtillo

Gedtillo Mediocentro defensivo

13 July 2004
    They are Exact Replicas, but for a detail. THE Cup is the very same cup year after year, that the "holder" keeps for a year (hence the name). The name of the Champion is carved into the Cup, and days before the Final, the holder returns it (after making a replica) to the UEFA.

When a team wins 5 trophies, they get to keep the original cup as a reward. So the cup that has been roaming around ever since the Champions League was established is now property of Liverpool FC, as Real Madrid and AC Milan won their fifth before it was called Champions League (that's what I think, correct me if I am wrong, I may be).

Next year, Liverpool won't have to return it, so UEFA will have to make a brand new one. Wether it'll have the names of previous champions carved or not I cannot say. I bet not, though. :)

8. HHH-Mungaloid-ECW

4 September 2005
    Yes, of course it will have the previous winners carved in it. And you also keep the trophy if you win 3 in a row.

Man United got to keep the Premiership when they won it for the third time in a row. That still has all the team names on it.

9. Gedtillo

Gedtillo Mediocentro defensivo

13 July 2004
    In Spain you have to win the league five times in a row to get it in property. Only Real Madrid has achieved this (twice).

10. RuneEdge

RuneEdge Silent Assassin

1 October 2003
    Turn around, I'm right behind you...
    Manchester United
    Won it 5 times in a row, TWICE?!?!?!

11. crayon

crayon Yamato Gaijin

23 October 2004
    Hokkaido Japan
    Liverpool FC
    Lack of competition I say.....:lmao:

I suppose Rangers and Celtic are there or thereabouts then.....?

12. ooh_harry

ooh_harry League 1

8 July 2005
    Fosters home for imaginary friends
    Arsenal, Juventus
    didnt lpool players and staff accidentally trophy damaged after the party/celebrations??

o yeah and btw, will liverpool have a 'blue trophy patch' on their left sleeve like bayern, ajax, milan and real or is it an adidas exclusive thing