Resident Evil 5 (PS3/360)

Damn that bad eh?

I keep going to get it but then holding myself back as Legends is coming this week and i don't want to start something that i won't finish and then when i do come back to it i'll have lost where i was up to.

Damn that bad eh?

I keep going to get it but then holding myself back as Legends is coming this week and i don't want to start something that i won't finish and then when i do come back to it i'll have lost where i was up to.

It's not that long, you'll complete it in about 10-15hrs. You can rack a few trophies up on a single play through too.

You may not want to go through it again to beat it on Veteran though ;)

:SNACK:

When I played through it at the weekend we played COOP and it made the game a lot better. You can work as a team rather than having to shepherd Sheva around all the time. Sometimes she just stares at you and does nothing.

Played up until some truck killed me. I remember seeing a trophy for killing the driver so i spent 5 minutes trying to take him and out failing so i saved and turned it off and played some fifa 09.

It's not as bad as i expected. It's certainly not a Resident Evil game in the same group as RE1 2 3. It's more of an action game using the RE history to support the storyline.

To be honest - i couldn't give 2 shits about this type of virus or whatever it is. the original 'zombies' were good enough but it's their game and we have DR2 for 'real' zombies.

The AI 'bitch' has got in my way a lot - she seems to love standing in doorways or she'll suddenly stop walking in a corridor so I bash into her back. I've not died because of her yet though.

So far it's alright.
-

On another note i read about Capcom's response to people complaining about them charging for the Verses mode DLC. They basically said they couldn't understand why fans were complaining. You get your moneys worth with the game and this dlc is an extra. But then when they add that it is indeed already on the disc... it just wasn't completed on time. I was left thinking 'well why charge us a couple of quid because you failed at your own jobs and own deadline?'

If this was something they had planned but not even come close to finishing then fair enough - but you just know it will be a 11kb 'unlock' download - Wankers.

Just got Resi 5 for the 360 as part of my Elite pack.

Gonna shift it straight on for cash or swap for Race Pro.

Anyone interested then mosey on over to the AVF Classifieds :)

I am playing this only in online co-op with a friend. Played like that the game is great. Of course you could say this about practically all games, co-op should be mandatory in all action games right now (if not all, in most of them!).

About the game itself, I miss some puzzles and find it to be too much action-oriented, as everybody says. But at least there's co-op!

I think its disgusting that they have released the VS mode for this as DLC and are charging 400 points for it when it is already on the disc.

First Street Fighter and now this, I've totally lost all respect for Capcom.

They tried to justify it by saying it's only on the disc because they hadn't finished it in time. but then if it was intended to be on the disc in the first place then surely it would have come as part of the 1 off full price payment? So they shouldn't be then charging us money because they failed to keep to a deadline!

What I heard was that it was a different budget for this mode, so it had to not be free. But yeah stupid excuse.

How do you kill that big flybug near the beginning of the game (I think it's chapter 2 or something)? It's the bit where you go around in circles and you have to place a bomb on the floor.

I've used up all the bombs and my weapons on it, but the thing is still up and running.

Is there a strategy to defeating him?

The one where it is sitting on a chair, then is turns into this big black blob that chases you around.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom