Resident Evil 5 (PS3/360)

Camera angle is doing my tits in. It seems alright, just not like an RE title and that bitch is doing my tits in with "I need help" or "Roger" every minute and she steals all the ammo if you don't pick it up immediately the greedy cow.

On the visual side it's stunning though. I think I'll manage to complete it quite quick, so far things seem a bit too obvious if you're an RE fan.

I'm just worried my 2 favorite game series have gone to shit. :(

Its simple, most of Next Gen series of good games are going shit!:SNACK:, Watch the PES Series, watch RE 5! Now every opne has a next gen console and everyone is a great PES or RESI Player, yes my goodnes peopüle who have never played one WE5 or 6 now Fans of ut....same with RE! A friend of mine has player RE4 (:COP:) on GC now he is a RE Fan! So i gave him RE1 remake on GC and he says oh man boring, wheres the action......???????:CURSE:!

And Producers know this, so they produce, fast Games, easy to Play for everyone, and they must give you the full action in 30 minutes, because no one playes for more than an hour ( so they think)!

Next gen is bullshit for Hardcore Gamers and real Fans of good Games and their sequels.......:FAIL:

gotta agree to some extent. alot of games are being dumbed down these days. pretty much like the movie and music industry.

Very true. Civilization Revolution is another example. I hope Final Fantasy don't go down the same route...

Very true. Civilization Revolution is another example. I hope Final Fantasy don't go down the same route...
i think we are just getting old. i mean, if you ask our parents there thoughts of music and movies from say 10 years ago, they would probably say the same thing.

I still have the game packed. After reading a few negative posts i'm not too keen on opening it. I might take it back and get something else instead.

Dumbing down things is what happens when something becomes mainstream. I work on advertisement, so I'm aware of what I'm talking about. Games have become huge economically speaking so, like movies and music, the big productions tend to be huge silly shit with great production behind.

That means you have to select better what you play and to lower down a lot your expectations on everything.

Dumbing down things is what happens when something becomes mainstream. I work on advertisement, so I'm aware of what I'm talking about. Games have become huge economically speaking so, like movies and music, the big productions tend to be huge silly shit with great production behind.

That means you have to select better what you play and to lower down a lot your expectations on everything.

spot on

Very Bad Capcom, another Game for the Masses, nothing for Fans......!
I disagree. The first minutes may be strange (going back to the old RE4 system) but it's not a weak game (like Alone in the Dark ...).
There's a lot of fun and action and it's not a surprise for fans that the series is not about horror anymore, just surviving.

The series need big changes for number 6, we all agree on that, but RE5, despite being all about action, is solid enough for having a nice experience.

Especially diyng, by going to reload, the weapon is shit.
What do you mean ?

Apparently so, putting me off playing it big time, she gets herself killed a lot as well, takes all the fucking ammo but doesn't even use it. Dumbass.

I disagree. The first minutes may be strange (going back to the old RE4 system) but it's not a weak game (like Alone in the Dark ...).
There's a lot of fun and action and it's not a surprise for fans that the series is not about horror anymore, just surviving.

The series need big changes for number 6, we all agree on that, but RE5, despite being all about action, is solid enough for having a nice experience.

What do you mean ?

that the Bitch dies by no reloading fast enough her weapon!:R1

Seems like that "Bitch" is ruining the game experience eh?

Guys i'm still in two minds about playing this game. Still packed. Should I take it back and get Dead Space instead? Been hearing/reading good things about it.

EDIT: Also I have never played Bioshock, so that might be an option too.

I'd appreciate any suggestions.

Last edited:
Lami, I'd say give it a go if you're a fan of the series. The game has been quite entertaining up until now for me.

That "bitch" can be controlled via voice actions which bring her to you. However, you do have to shepherd her round like a sheepdog at times. If anything she's useful as an extension of your inventory and sometimes is quite helpful in tight spots. She does seem to waste a lot of ammo though, at times taking 5 or 6 shots to take down one guy when an easy headshot would have sufficed. Also, sometimes you need to double team up to open certain doors etc and it can be hard getting her to do exactly what you want her to do.

So far this game is a 6/10 for me. The graphics and cutscenes are sublime, however the control scheme lets it down for me. It's very clunky and at times very frustrating e.g. your character freezes whilst reloading and you can't move/strafe whilst aiming. The pistol also seems to be more effective than the other supposedly more powerful guns, the machine gun seems to be shooting rubber bullets and the shotgun seems to stun enemies rather than take them out in one shot. The game seems to have lost it's atmosphere too, it's more of an action game than a horror game for me.

Why do the zombies keep saying Kool Aid aswell? LOL

EDIT: Dead Space and Bioshock are definitely worth playing/trading for this.

Last edited:
Lami, I'd say give it a go if you're a fan of the series. The game has been quite entertaining up until now for me.

That "bitch" can be controlled via voice actions which bring her to you. However, you do have to shepherd her round like a sheepdog at times. If anything she's useful as an extension of your inventory and sometimes is quite helpful in tight spots. She does seem to waste a lot of ammo though, at times taking 5 or 6 shots to take down one guy when an easy headshot would have sufficed. Also, sometimes you need to double team up to open certain doors etc and it can be hard getting her to do exactly what you want her to do.

So far this game is a 6/10 for me. The graphics and cutscenes are sublime, however the control scheme lets it down for me. It's very clunky and at times very frustrating e.g. your character freezes whilst reloading and you can't move/strafe whilst aiming. The pistol also seems to be more effective than the other supposedly more powerful guns, the machine gun seems to be shooting rubber bullets and the shotgun seems to stun enemies rather than take them out in one shot. The game seems to have lost it's atmosphere too, it's more of an action game than a horror game for me.

Why do the zombies keep saying Kool Aid aswell? LOL

EDIT: Dead Space and Bioshock are definitely worth playing/trading for this.

You just realised you canot move while aiming? Did you not play the demo? Since the demo thats all everyone has been talking about

If you read my earlier post a few pages back, you would know that I did mention the aiming issue in the demo. I was just highlighting it in the final game.

Last edited:
If you read my earlier post a few pages back, I did mention the aiming issue in the demo. I was just highlighting it in the final game.

Fair enough my bad but the final game was always going to be the same. Like Konami Capcom aint moved with the times.

Sad really

It's a shame that us fans get sucked into buying the games. I am enjoying it though, it's just not as great as past RE titles.

Yes I am a fan of the series but I don't want it to be another PES like game. Looks like I am going to trade it in but still don't know which to go for, Dead Space or Bio?

I think you'll get more from Bioshock. Dead Space is great but it is a little bit of the same thing over and over.

Seems like that "Bitch" is ruining the game experience eh?

Guys i'm still in two minds about playing this game. Still packed. Should I take it back and get Dead Space instead? Been hearing/reading good things about it.

EDIT: Also I have never played Bioshock, so that might be an option too.

I'd appreciate any suggestions.

Fear 2 ftw :)

Spotted this bit of advice

Just give her the stupid stun rod and use her as a personal medic/ammo supplier. Just put a gun at each direction button and make her pick up all the herbs and ammo. She always heals at legit points and gives you ammo as you lose it. Just take the kill into your own hands and act like she isn't even there. It's perfect, she's like a smart inventory slot.

Someone else says
I have her equipped with a Rifle and SMG, and on cover she is a head shot queen with the rifle. On attack she destroys with the SMG. I just make sure not to give her my healing supplies b/c she tends to use them when i normally wouldn't. Other than that though i think she's a pretty good partner.

Though I like this piece of advice better
even better, give her the infinite rocket launcher and let her go crazy

-

I'm playing following the 2 first points and yes, she's a great healer and a good sniper, much better than me :D.
I think I have 1 hour to play before finishing the game and I only died twice because of her (because of a huge bug during a boss fight), it's not a lot and it's far from not ruining the game for me.

My wife controls ' that bitch ' so we play 2 player and I have to say it makes for a much better game.

Admittedly, most of us can't play 2 on the same console and as a single player game it is disapointing, so very similar to Resi 4 on the gamecube which is a 4 year old game now and the series hasn't moved on but it's not a bad game just a bit of a let down.

Roll on God Of War 3

Well decided I can't even be arsed with this now. Gonna trade it. 2 chapters and still, no enthusiasm for this at all.

Gutted.

Back
Top Bottom